Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

“No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants (10115 Views)

Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate, Others, Donate foodstuffs To Civil Servants / No Work, No Pay: Civil Servants Threaten To Sit At Home For One Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by zebudaya(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2012
donobi:

I work in CBN i'm going no where. Labour carry go.
My man, carry go nothing do you

Ozin:

If you are for real,let us have your real name,surname,Id card number and department in CBN and I can assure u,you are not returning to work after the political protest

You should give us your  your real name, surname, Id card number if you have that much power and see what happens to you. Traitor. Why don't you organize a million man march for GEJ. Yeye
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 11, 2012
@alharem
nigerians lazy?
Let them call us any name.
Is it the same nigeria where everyman is a one man govt providn job,healthcare n security
we brought this thing on our selves hounding yar adua when he was sick.
I say its karma
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by pharmow: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2012
GEJ is taking the wrongest of steps. Those advising him are not his friends but people waiting for his downfall. he doesn't take him anything to swallow his pride and revert the PMS price back to 65. Then think of the next reasonable step to take. People are not totally against fuel subsidy removal but the rotten system in the country. The threat of No work No pay is not going to make people back out from this protest and I need remind GEJ that the upsurgge in middle east got worsen because their government underestimate the power of the people. Never you as a leader deafen you ears to the cry of your followers because it will surely lead to your downfall

A word is enough for the wise
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by oc2fish: 10:30am On Jan 11, 2012
As for the 18k wage the civil servant in DELTA state do not know anything about that infact the Gov increase tax by 300% a civil servant on level 8 step 3 pay 18k as tax.

A University professor pays 65-79k as tax and for the past two years no new project.

Let me inform you that out of the 36 states one can not mention 4 states that is paying 18k.

Please stop making us to suffer.
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by Demdem(m): 10:35am On Jan 11, 2012
Info am getting sugest that Akpabio (akwa-ibom) hasnt paid salaries for two months now. findin it difficult to believe, can someone kindly confirm this?
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by aljharem(m): 10:37am On Jan 11, 2012
ehie:

@alharem
nigerians lazy?
Let them call us any name.
Is it the same nigeria where everyman is a one man govt providn job,healthcare n security
we brought this thing on our selves hounding yar adua when he was sick.
I say its karma

Are you minding the goons

typical transport to work is 200 naira x2 = 400 naira

400 naira a day x 28 days = 11200 naira

18000- 11200 naira = 6,800 naira left for feeding, tax etc

remember tax is typically 3000 naira = 3,800 left

Now food every day is about 200 naira x 30 = 6000

3800-6000 naira = YOU WOULD BE OWNING MORE THAN WHAT YOU COLLECT EVERY MONTH
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by jedisco(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2012
These protests are beginning to die a natural death.
Seems to me that the NLC & TUC are beginning to loose support and also 'negotiating power'
GEJ welldone on this. Atleast you have answered your critics who said you have no balls
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by 3direct: 10:40am On Jan 11, 2012
Akpabio is as foolish as GEJ
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by aljharem(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2012
[size=18pt]people are trying to discourage you all but don't give in to them if not you all would be slaves of the country's fat people.

Beaf and other goons would try that hardest because they are paid
[/size]
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 11, 2012
we were so quick to rush into our doom
so eager to become enslaved and become destitute
now we have to live with our mistakes
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by faithokoli(f): 10:47am On Jan 11, 2012
I just have to ask this oh, if the govt fires all of them, who will they employ instead? Everyone is at war now, they need to realize this. Btw i am sure some people will still go back to work oh! Cowards, come and see where the Arabs are loosing their lives for freedom, Nigerians are here, quivering fear over retrenchment! Tufiakwa
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by muami(m): 10:50am On Jan 11, 2012
No doubt NLC is losing grounds . Before now, they were shouting over the roof top that NO NEGOTIATION until reversal of the subsidy removal. Now they are complaining that since they started the strike, the govt has not called them for negotiations. Furthermore, in all their iinterviews yesterday and today, they are 'appealing' to 'well meaning' Nigerians to talk to the President to reverse the price. Obviously they have started getting frustrated because in reality, govt officials, as individuals, have suffered nothing since the strike started. It is only the masses that are suffering and their sufferiing increases the more the strike continues.
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by oderemo(m): 10:52am On Jan 11, 2012
what i know is that u can hardly win fighting two wars at same tym.
the president that is struggling with moooslime boko haram and now want to take on the mighty nlc/tuc.
get a rethink my pressy.
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by JUO(m): 10:57am On Jan 11, 2012
i see explosive
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by FACE(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2012
The worker is worthy of his wages. Anybody who embarks on a strike should be ready to forfeit their wages because they havent worked for it. Their reward should rest on their achievement of the aim of their strike.

Some of us support subsidy removal and those who do not support it should not be paid out of our pockets for depriving us of public services. Some of us are suffering as a result of the strike as well, so should we be compensated by the government because people refused to work ?

I do recognise their rights to go on strike but it is their choice and they should not expect to be paid for works not done.

Yes, no work no pay  cool
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by Demdem(m): 11:02am On Jan 11, 2012
muami:

No doubt NLC is losing grounds . Before now, they were shouting over the roof top that NO NEGOTIATION until reversal of the subsidy removal. Now they are complaining that since they started the strike, the govt has not called them for negotiations. Furthermore, in all their iinterviews yesterday and today, they are 'appealing' to 'well meaning' Nigerians to talk to the President to reverse the price. Obviously they have started getting frustrated because in reality, govt officials, as individuals, have suffered nothing since the strike started. It is only the masses that are suffering and their sufferiing increases the more the strike continues.

I honestly dont know the channels u are watching. i see nothing of such throughout yesterday
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by Shokoloko(f): 11:04am On Jan 11, 2012
For those of Ɣ☺̣̣̥̇Ʊ in support of the subsidy removal, may God sew your eyes in death this year. 18000? Is that enough for even a student? Talk less of a man or woman with a family. And govt still owes pple salaries for months. Then Ɣ☺̣̣̥̇Ʊ are saying pple shld go back to work. Do u selfish wicked fools realize that the 18000 has been slashed in half with the increase in fuel price? The prices of transport, food and other things have increased so how does anyone use 18000 to cater for his basics needs? Why are Nigerians so heartless? Just becos u are enjoying stolen money that came easy to Ɣ☺̣̣̥̇Ʊ then Ɣ☺̣̣̥̇Ʊ develop a black heart towards the plight of the less privileged. Telling suffering ppl to suffer greater torment. When fuel was N65, life was hard but manageable, how do Ɣ☺̣̣̥̇Ʊ think things would be for ppl now that fuel price has been increased by over 100%. Again I say, may death visit those whose hearts have been turned to stone because of their ill-gotten wealth.
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by goggs(m): 11:15am On Jan 11, 2012
tunnytox:

Without any personal bias (as I'm no GEJ fan) the strike is illegal as there's no trade dispute between the FG and it's workers. The workers can only embark on strike on matters that affect their wages, working condition or pension and not on general govt policy.
I personally believes that many Nigerians will not have object to the removal of the subsidy if the govt ( both executive and legislative) has led by example by cutting their bloated salaries and allowances, it's only in Nigeria that you have a minister and a minister of state doing virtually the same job. If the govt can prove to Nigerians that they are truly ready to stamp out corruption and reduce the cost of governance I believe Nigerians will be able to trust them enough to accept the removal of the fuel subsidy.

I can't agree more.

technically Labour is not disputing labour issues and second, disobeying a court order sets a bad president. it weakens labour morally in future when it needs the courts for protection.

on the other hand labour provide a more structured avenue for protest. if labour had not been involved it would be an extremely chaotic protest that will more deadly and difficult to control. infact it would be more of riots reminesent of the last  election riots
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by paulbesi: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2012
[THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO BE FORCEFUL ON THE CITIZENS WHICH IS A VERY BAD THING.
WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO FREEDOM IN NIGERIA SO THEY SHOULD STAY CLEAR AND LET
PEOPLE EXERCISE THEIR RIGHT. THEY MASSES ACTUALLY VOTED FOR MR PRESIDENT AND
EXPECTED THE BEST FROM HIM BUT YET WE ARE GETTING WORSE THINGS. GOD HELP NIGERIA
GOD HELP NIGERIA
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by madprof(m): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2012
jedisco:

Seems to me that the NLC & TUC are beginning to loose support and also 'negotiating power'
GEJ welldone on this. Atleast you have answered your critics who said you have no balls

On the contrary, jedisco, the protests are gaining momentum. Series of protesters are marching past my street as I write this - sorry to disappoint you. Several proTests are still being held across the country. And, of what importance are Jonathan's balls in this matter? Remember that you are a leader only for as long as the people allow it. If and when you cease to be useful they will throw you out, balls or no. It is probabaly reaching that point for GEJ.
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by Demdem(m): 11:27am On Jan 11, 2012
goggs:

I can't agree more.

technically Labour is not disputing labour issues and second, disobeying a court order sets a bad president. it weakens labour morally in future when it needs the courts for protection.

on the other hand labour provide a more structured avenue for protest. if labour had not been involved it would be an extremely chaotic protest that will more deadly and difficult to control. infact it would be more of riots reminesent of the last  election riots

am not aware of any labour dispute that have been solved by his court till date. by the way, the govt says there is a court directive, labour says they havnt received any court summons, someone is obviously lying. anway, this govt has been noted to disobey court orders of recent (bayelsa case, salami etc) so if labour thinks they should disobey this if at all there is, it makes them at par.
The guys in govt are just cowards, they know the courts cant solve this issue.
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by IrunmoleD1: 11:35am On Jan 11, 2012
Big Mistake!!
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by efisher(m): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2012
I can bet NLC / TUC have a covert plan being played out. It's a pity people had to lose their lives for politicians, religious bigots and insincere activists hiding under the cover of "cheap fuel".
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by pharmow: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2012
grin grin grin grin I can't laugh, is it GEJ that will be impeached before the month runs out that is threating people to go back to work.
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by silibaba: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2012
those on the street are the lazy ones. go back to your duty post or forfeit your pay. grin grin
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by girlkell(f): 11:49am On Jan 11, 2012
TOO BAD, A LOT OF NIGERIANS ARE SUFFERING FROM IGNORANCE, PROTESTING FOR NLC ND TUC BUT NOT FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT, MAY GOD HELP US, ME I JUST WANT ALL THIS NONSENSE STRIKE TO STOP SO I CULD GO BACK TO SKULL JORE angry
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by humblebee: 11:50am On Jan 11, 2012
muami:

where are you getting all these from? are you sure your tv is not protesting against you

i just beg GEJ and Sambo to stop eating with 1bn in a year. haba! its a shame and disrespect to us, when you can hardly pay 18k minimum wage you go about renovating the same office with millions of naira every year. haba. this has to stop seriously
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by jedisco(m): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2012
madprof:

On the contrary, jedisco, the protests are gaining momentum. Series of protesters are marching past my street as I write this - sorry to disappoint you. Several proTests are still being held across the country. And, of what importance are Jonathan's balls in this matter? Remember that you are a leader only for as long as the people allow it. If and when you cease to be useful they will throw you out, balls or no. It is probabaly reaching that point for GEJ.
I really dont think so
In the SS and SE its almost nonexistent because the few people who came out wont achieve much.
With the curfew in Kano (the major state in the north) almost half the effect of the protest has been wiped out. If you say Kaduna and Jos (also Maiduguri, Adamawa and Yobe) these states are too volatile and any protest going on there will be mild. The remaining northern states (except Sokoto) will not exert enough pressure as a region.
The middle belt is not that active
So the only region really involved is the SW. This will further help the Government give the protests a political picture.
All in all the whole stuff seems to favour the Government
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by megastu(m): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2012

@jedisco, the comments above shows you are either living in space or you and jonathan get the same fish brain. Come to Ojota, Lagos and see what is happening.
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by jedisco(m): 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2012
megastu:

@jedisco, the comments above shows you are either living in space or you and jonathan get the same fish brain. Come to Ojota, Lagos and see what is happening.
1. It will be better if you can engage in discussions without resorting to insults to drive home your point
2. This issue is a national one and so protests in Lagos or the SW generally wouldn't do much. You need atleast 4 out of the 6 regions ACTIVELY involved. You can refer to my post immediately above
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2012
3direct:

Akpabio is as foolish as GEJ

And Fashola as corrupt as THIEFNIBU!!!
Re: “No Work No Pay” – Fgn To Civil Servants by KA24DETT(m): 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2012
Nigerians love to suffer I tell you, This is how it starts, when this thing is fully deregulated and there is a little rise in world crude oil prices, the marketers would increase the price of fuel . They can always argue that that the cost of crude oil has gone up so now, they have to increase the cost of fuel to recoup their savings. Crude oil is an intl traded commodity so what happens in any part of the world surely affects the prices , What happens when the price of crude oil goes up to $150 like it did last 3years? Would fuel be sold for 140? What regulatory oversight do we have in place to stop these guys from increasing the price of fuel if there is any increase in the price of crude oil ? The price of aviation fuel has increased 25% from january last year to thus year, What stops these guys from getting greedy and asking for an increase in price or creating artificial scarcity to use as a negotiating tool,
The question we should be asking GEJ is what happened to our excess crude oil account ? How come subsidy went from 300billion to 1.2 trillion in one year?
The problem Nigerians have is not with the subsidy removal but rather with TRUST, The guys in power are not sacrificing to keep this country afloat but rather are telling the poor masses who have been bearing the brunt of their bad decision or rather no decision to continue sacrificing to keep this union afloat. Anyone who has Seen the 2012 budget would wonder what type of democracy we are running. Why renovate the same office every year,? Excess allowances , Fat feeding budgets ,,
WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Generates N2.433trn In Eight Years, Spends N2.7trn / Is President Buhari Right Or Left Handed? / Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.