Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! (1428 Views)

Ministerial List: Those who Were Hopeful, But Have Been Disappointed! / I'm Disappointed In Buhari I Just Bought A Shoe With Made In Biafra In Kano-pics / Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by wellmax(m): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2012
Pastor TB, I love you S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ much but some of those utterances are not befitting of a minister of the Gospel of christ.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2012
Like Jesus didn't make worse comments!!!! Like the Bible didnt make worse comments!!!!! Like God hasnt made worse comments!!! Dont confuse meekness for weakness.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by wellmax(m): 8:45am On Jan 11, 2012
Comments Äπϑ curses are not the same. I don't think you classify oloshi, oloriburuku, omale as mere comments. I like his activisism, but he should watch it, there is a thin line from drifting away.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by 9hmo(m): 9:04am On Jan 11, 2012
I`m highly disappointed too, his uttrances does not depict him as a minister of the Gospel. He should watch his uttrances less he fall.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Demdem(m): 9:32am On Jan 11, 2012
wellmax:

Comments Äπϑ curses are not the same. I don't think you classify oloshi, oloriburuku, omale as mere comments. I like his activisism, but he should watch it, there is a thin line from drifting away.

IMO, i see nothing wrong with this. he is truthfull enough to call these crooks what they really are. come to think of it, are they really not oloriburuku, oloshis etc. why are these words there if they wont be used. Bakare is using them and well for that matter to those who truthfully deserve it. i believe bakare should be praised for his courage and examplenary leadership
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Omooba77: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2012
The man on Channels at that time commented is he a man of God, Being activist is quite different from being in government Oshimole will attest to this.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by antartica(m): 9:37am On Jan 11, 2012
Here we go again,minister of gospel!What is gospel anyway? I assume it is good news and denounciation of evil. Bakare is more christlike,humane and more rational than oyedepo that tortures children for fun,than adeboye that mingles and dines with thieving politicians. He is something close Abami and he should be commended for the risk he takes even when he can just stand behind the puppit,deceive gullible people,frisk them of their earnings and fly private jets with ease.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Twoboys: 9:43am On Jan 11, 2012
Never expecting anything different from him. As a christian the duty bible bestow on us to the authority is respect and prayers. For a man who bears the name of God to be wishing death for the president and making reference to death of yar-adua in such a dis-respecting way is very ungodly. Innocent people & christians have been bombed and killed by sponsored groups, cabals have been stealing this nation dry, i have not seen this pastor rain such abuse on them or wish death for them the way he did for the president. He turned an issue base protest into an opportunity for personality attack, calling the finance minister names. God is merciful.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by antartica(m): 9:48am On Jan 11, 2012
It takes one who is ready to die like christ to openly speak the truth in nigeria. Nigeria is a country that is fundamentally ruled by lies,immorality and irrationality,anybody that speaks the truth about the ills of the system is at very high risk of being eliminated.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by jamace(m): 9:52am On Jan 11, 2012
Come o, why are some of you condemning Bakare? Is he not pastoring human beings? If the human beings he is pastoring are threatened, is he not threatened? Should he stand and watch his flocks killed by crooks in power and hope and pray that God will safe them? Maybe, he should wait when all his flocks are dead, he pastors stones and trees.

C'mon, Bakare should be allowed to protect his flocks by attacking those crooks in whatever way he can. Enough is enough.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Omooba77: 10:17am On Jan 11, 2012
Pray for those who dispersely use you and honour all men,especially those in authority!
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Demdem(m): 10:29am On Jan 11, 2012
The curse of the Lord is in the house of the wicked (corrupt): but he blesseth the habitation of the just. Pro 3.33

Bakare is only re-affirming this
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by kokoA(m): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2012
Pastor Bakare to me is the real man of God in Nigeria beacuse he tell's the government the truth. May God strengthen his son. Amen! I love Bakare.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by jamace(m): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2012
Pray for those who dispersely use you and honour all men,especially those in authority!
You call those crooked bizmen in authority leaders? Abomination! shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Omooba77: 10:59am On Jan 11, 2012
No one comes to power,except God allows,that is my opinion. Abiola tried couldn't get there.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Demdem(m): 11:02am On Jan 11, 2012
Omooba77:

No one comes to power,except God allows,that is my opinion. Abiola tried couldn't get there.

God knows about it no doubt but we the people allowed it and facilitated it. Dont attribute this wicked govt to God abegii. All good and perfect gifts comes from God.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by hillsate: 11:16am On Jan 11, 2012
PASTORS, PREACHERS, BISHOPS AT LARGE, CAN, PFN,
Please organise your members and large congregations to the streets!
Others have done it world over across the ages!
Prayer will not cease, but there is a time to ACT, and that time is NOW!!!!
Faith without works is dead, WE HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY to DEFEND our rights and demand for equity.
SILENCE IN THE BEDROOM THRU PRAYERS is an ACT OF FEAR in a TIME LIKE THIS!!!!
DO NOT LET OTHERS DO THE WORK, and then you PRAISE GOD for VICTORY!!!!
FUEL SUBSIDY MUST BE READDRESSED!!!! In this fight, we are first NIGERIAN, before any other;
IF WE FAIL, GOD WILL BE GOD, but we will live with the BRUNT of a FAILED STATE!
The choice is OURS
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Omooba77: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2012
Did our struggle remove Abacha? People hve turned the strike to damaging people's car,stealing. At the end of the strike, what we be our gain!
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Nigerd(m): 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2012
IT IS NOT OF BAKARE TO PASS JUDGEMENT, CHRIST DID NOT PREACH VIOLENCE, RATHER HE PREACHES PEACE,

HOW MANY PRAYER HAS HE (BAKARE) PRAYED FOR NAIJA, HW MUCH LOVE DID HE HAVE FOR US, THE COUNTRY HE DREAM TO RULE,

THE VOILENCE INCISION BY OUR SO CALLED CIVIL SOCIETIES HAS BROUGHT MORE HARDHIP TO THE WOMAN ON THE STREET, WHOSE TABLE AND BENCH SHE USES IN SELLING AKARA AND EKO HAS BEEN USED TO BURN TIRE, SHOPES LOOTED,

GOD HELP NAIJA
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by wellmax(m): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2012
Little wonder the FG said the protest has been hijacked by politicians, if Bakare has got personal 'beaf' he should air them elsewhere not sieze the protest. Did you hear him say : "if they deny us at the courts we will get it on the streets" I tot this rally was for fuel subsidy. Anyway he was more cautious today, someone must have spoken τ̅☺ him.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Olumogun: 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2012
9hmo:

I`m highly disappointed too, his uttrances does not depict him as a minister of the Gospel. He should watch his uttrances less he fall.

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU PEOPLE THINK BAKARE SHOULD HAVE DONE?
IS BEING A PASTOR THE SAME THING AS BEING A FOOL OR WEAK?
SO IT HAS BECOME AN OFFENCE TO HELP THE VOICELESS MASSES TO HAVE "A" VOICE?
IN REVOLUTION, EVERY ONE IS THE SAME: PASTOR, IMAM, BISHOP OR LAYMAN.

As for what Jesus would have done:
JESUS WOULD HAVE GET A WHIP, DRIVE OUT ALL THE CORRUPT LEADERS OUT OF THE TEMPLE.

JESUS WOULD HAVE CALL THEM "BROOD OF VIPERS", "BLIND", "DOGS/SWINE" ETC.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by antartica(m): 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2012
Abi oo? The bible says it all. They have ears but cant hear,eyes and brain that can read but cant understand. The story of jesus is the story of reformation,the story of how man can overcome all advesities,including death without fear or favour. It is the story of life and it applies to all human beings that are conscious.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by wellmax(m): 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
Olumogun:

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU PEOPLE THINK BAKARE SHOULD HAVE DONE?

As for what Jesus would have done:
JESUS WOULD HAVE GET A WHIP, DRIVE OUT ALL THE CORRUPT LEADERS OUT OF THE TEMPLE.

JESUS WOULD HAVE CALL THEM "BROOD OF VIPERS", "BLIND", "DOGS/SWINE" ETC.

Jesus would chase them out of the temple NOT the palace. He called them names on issues regarding the kingdom of God not politics.
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Ekila(m): 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2012
I'm also disappointed in the way Pastor Bakare has been talking. Right in his presence, those so called youths were insulting other men of God like Bishop Oyedepo, Adeboye, etc. Is here trying to bring down this administration simply because he didn't win election? s
Re: Pastor Bakare, I'm Disappointed! by Olumogun: 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
wellmax:

Jesus would chase them out of the temple NOT the palace. He called them names on issues regarding the kingdom of God not politics.

Meaning that you read your Bible very well and should have known by now that a good and true prophet (Pastor) will never compromised with any erring ruler be political or spiritual.

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Barbaric Bomb (ibb) / A Poem On Current Social Issues, With Reference To The Current Situation In 9ja / Stop Chasing Shadows, Mark Tells Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.