Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. (1572 Views)

How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card / How To Check Your Flash-drive Is Original Or Fake / Ooops! i formatted my hard drive ( Resolved) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by tzars(m): 9:13am On Jan 11, 2012
Hello house. I have a 160 gig hard drive full of my files and documents. recently my system refuses to boot despite all attempts. I later was able to use a live cd to boot it, but my drive can not come on line. How do i retrieve my files from this hard drive? please any one wit such info should help. Thanks in advance.
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by lifestyle1(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2012
go to this thread and use my method,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835635.0.html

mail me for any question on life_style32@yahoo.com
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by tzars(m): 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Life style- i've seen the post you referred me to. the problem am having is more than what is posted there. I used Ubuntu to boot up the system wit the hope that i can access my drive from there, but am havin a message that says my drive can't be mount. i've tried the drive on other systems, yet no response. I need help to get my files off the dead drive. thanks
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by lifestyle1(m): 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
Sorry I Dnt know about Ubuntu.
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by tzars(m): 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2012
Thanks will try it.
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by lifestyle1(m): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
That's what you have in the tread i referred you to.
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by sameolg616(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2012
before you can recover files from a faulty hard drive,some othe factors have to be put into consideration, like regenerating the hard drive for bad mbr,partition tables and baD sectors else no recovery software wld be able to find them.wizkid was close but there is a prerequisite to that solution called regeneration
disaster recovery is what i do , call me on 08061679732
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by tzars(m): 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
@Life style- i appreciate your concern. perhaps i'll take a second look at it.
@sameolg will call you up to see what you have to offer. meanwhile, if you had posted it here it would have been of benefit to any other nairalander who may be in the same predicament i found myself.
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by sameolg616(m): 11:55pm On Jan 16, 2012
well its a set of procedures that come with constant practice over the years, only for experts, sorry
Re: Help! My Hard Drive Is Dead. by lanre2009: 11:14am On Jan 18, 2012
@OP

i just saw this thread now, if you are still having issues with accessing the files on the drive, you can contact me on 08055223129. We carry out professional data recovery service at the best of prices around. Cheers!!!

(1) (Reply)

DHCP Configuration / What Made You Switch to Linux? / Swiftng.com?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.