Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Why Do Nigerian Police Carry Rifles On Street? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerian Police Carry Rifles On Street? (907 Views)

Crowd Jubilate With Wike Over Supreme Court Victory On Street Of Portharcourt / Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles / The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Police Carry Rifles On Street? by pharmow: 12:44pm On Jan 12, 2012
It has always been a subject of concern for me, the reason why our police in Nigeria carry rifles and guns met for war around in a peaceful environment when in other countries in the world, all what their police carry is taser, wooden baton, flashlight, whistles, pepper spray and other non-lethal weapons such as tranquilizer gun, vortex ring gun, net guns, flash balls, shields and helmet used during riot control. The only lethal weapon they used are pistols which are hardly made used of and properly secured in their holsters. When are we going to get tired of hearing flimsy excuses of stray bullets killing innocent souls? I always find it so frightful moving close to where a Nigerian police stands because the unimaginable could happen. I think the government of this country need to provide a serious punishment for any trigger happy police officer that kill any innocent citizen. I believe enough is enough for being killed by the peolple that are supposed to secure our lives.

(1) (Reply)

How Atiku Described Jonathan Exactly A Year Ago 13/01/11 During Pdp Primaries / Is It True That Biafara Didn't Import One Drop Of Fuel During The War ? Food For Thought. / Phone Conversation Between Gej And Obj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.