Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

I Want To Become An Actress - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Want To Become An Actress (13390 Views)

How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? / My Girlfriend Wants To Become An Actress! / I Want To Become An Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Become An Actress by MrBean(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2006
@Anoushka

You are either someone i know or her clone. lol

Are you Folake?
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by dennylove(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2006
Well, this na ladies world,but, anyway, i get good news,so make una listen,we dey produce actresses n actorors,some of our actresses n actorors dey act now for MNET,AIT SILVERBIRD,everywhere,and we don carry KORA award,african award,the award wey remain make we carry na GRAMMY AWARD.if you are interesting and serious locate us by yourself.hmmmmmmmmm--abe no be una Wan become STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NA SO.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Orikinla(m): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2006
Oracle,
Google has already replied her! grin
I trust Google Adwords showing up in response to any post or topic on any subject. Even Ebay will tell buy Obasanjo on Ebay. grin
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by gem87(f): 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2006
i wish y'all gud luck and i hope 2 be there soon to but i wnt my degree 1st
all d best
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by kilma(f): 7:54pm On Aug 20, 2006
i want to be an actress too and i have started by actually joining a theatre group in my school unilag. theatre is actually a good way to development rudimantary skills of acting because you not only act but learn other stuff like set building and decoration, publicvity, production management etc all these will help youn later in case you want to go into production yourself. By the way any one in nigeria and in university of lagos who wants to join a theatre group namely "theatre 15" can do so by calling 08023764694 paul and he is the cordinator and will definately hook you up
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Seun(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2006
How much do theatre groups pay their members? Thanks in advance for this information!
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Orikinla(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2006
Theatre 15 is good.

University of Lagos has produced some notable artistes.
The[i] Crown Troupe[/i] came from UNILAG. And they did the choreography for my Sleepless Night in 2002. I paid them the very night after the world premiere of my Sleepless Night. And they returned to their campus in smiles.

Theatre groups pay according to what they earn from their productions or commissions.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by LoverBwoy(m): 4:25am On Aug 21, 2006
I paid them the very night after the world premiere of my Sleepless Night. And they returned to their campus in smiles.

world premiere shocked shocked shocked

I paid them the very night
'duh Acting big man cool "you" pay for their services! tongue
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Orikinla(m): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin
How relevant is my reply to Seun's question compared to your own personal bias? Typical ignorant Nigerian gibe.

I took part in a Nigerian movie in 1996 and the production company is still owing till date.

Leadership is best by example. And not by petty personalities.

There are humans God has lifted above and beyond petty human sensibilities.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Seun(m): 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2006
Can you be more specific about the amount you paid them? For all we know, you could have paid them 20 naira each or 2% of earnings and kept 98% as profit. I asked "how much", therefore "I paid something" is no answer.

Let's not use the forum just to promote ourselves without providing useful information.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by dennylove(m): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2006
seun,why? you dey ask for PRIZE,you want do business wit the prize?ok,na POOR producer dey pay 20 naira per act,but as for me i dey pay 100 naira per acting, so if you know anybody wey dey interesting,let us
know so we can give you some COMMITION.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by ANCIENT(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2006
Yeah, your dream of becoming an actress in the movie industry is really a welcome idea. I must tell you, should u go in there, a lot of things to know and learn, observed, avoid and lots more.
You can www.nigeriafilms.com, on this site; perus, and u'll see/find submit you profile or stars of yesterday, click either of these; a form for which one who desire of becoming a star in the movie industry fills and submit.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.
You can reach me via my messenger dc7k or email: postmails@myway.com

Best regards & wishes
CHRISTIAN aka[b] Ancient[/b]

Re: I Want To Become An Actress by momoney1(m): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2006
ANCIENT, e be like say you like tie welwel o, i feel your gentility sha.

Again, all the ladies wan go into acting and no single man don even ask how or no more male part again?
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Orikinla(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2006
What I was trying to discourage is what is showing up now.

If you want to really become an actress, a simple search on Google will direct you to several links and you can filter them to select the best contacts and not being exposed to the harassment I am seeing here by those even posting some "waka pass" photograph.
Desperation is showing up here.

You don't become an actress online.

In Nigeria, you have to join the Nigerian Actors Guild and the same goes for America and the UK.

Acting is not posing and posturing online for attention.

In the UK, there are many agencies to guide you.
Just type[i] I want to be an actress[/i] in the search box on Google and you will have over a million links.

God bless.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by kboy2z(m): 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2006
GO for it, Try do some searches on net and on nollywood site to see if that helps you.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by whiteroses(f): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2006
my cousins and thier friends that went for nollywood interview said if they see you are beautifull, cute and talented they'll employ you one time but if you ugly they'll ask you to sleep with them to give you role then at the end of the day they'll give you role of the orange seller that camera shows for 5 seconds or maybe just show your fingers while passing the orange in the lead actress car so if you ugly maybe it's not a good idea
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by eslynera(f): 2:03am On Nov 25, 2006
@topic, same talent here. cool
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Seun(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2006
'Funky Patient': A Screenplay For A Short Film
Are you interested in the above screenplay? It will be widely distributed on and off the Internet so you will gain a lot of exposure. All you lose is the 2 days we'll spend on the set. It may be worth it for aspiring actors.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by dedegirl(f): 5:25pm On Feb 05, 2007
ok everyone chill out abit.How are we suppose to know which person or site is the right one to hook to inorder to become an actress.lol, grin
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Seun(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2007
There is no right one. But I've noticed something recently - Nigerians are not that obsessed with acting as a profession.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by yicob(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2007
Seun, i wont mind loosing 2 days to be onset when you are ready. the screenplay is very tight. pls just mail me.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Bblak(f): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2007
@poster.Gdluck.
i admire them too.love 2 be an actress but definitely not now.time will tell
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by jazworld(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2007
I ALSO WANT TO BE AN ACTOR
AM JAZ shocked undecided grin
AM A GOOD ONE
IF U DONT BILVE CHEK MI OUT ON
WWW.JAZWORL.COM
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2008
Hey,does anyone know how I can act in Nigeria and do adverts as well? and i can actually act(not like our so-called nollywood actresses).Please i've always dreamed of it.Thanks
juliet
juli4real12@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Andysmith1: 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
Hello youngstars out there! I'm a movie director/producer and i'm working on a movie titled ''ways to love'' and i need an actor/actress to take a role that attracts the sum of #26,000. I have some contacts already but they are not ready to make it big. So if you are interested in this offer, contact me via 08135664862 or bonviteproductions@gmail.com.
Regards:BONVITE FILMS PRODUCTION.
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by michaelsis: 11:21am On Oct 18, 2012
If you are serious about becoming a nollywood actor i'm assuming you have already created a professional profile on nollywood connections. Here is the website http://www.nollywood.ning.com go there and make your profile if you havnt already. List as many skills as you have. Take it one step further and upload a short video skit showing off your different acting skills. This will deff give you a leg up. Thats why that website is the way to go. not posting little forums on here.. directors don't read this forum. But the do visit nollywood connections. Good luck to you. Hope you make it. smiley
Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Curiousmind(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hi

We Are Recruiting Aspiring Actors & Actress For An Ongoing Soap Opera TV Series

Applicants must be 18+, presentable, law abiding and be willing to travel for various shooting location within and outside Nigeria

Serious Applicants should email their cv with one coloured passport photograph to nollywoodmail@gmail.com or call 08039196408

Casts:

1 x Female Co- Star (Accommodation available)

Other major Casts - x 5

Extras - x 5

Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Kirinwa: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
keliscia: Hi!  To every body, i want  to complement all the actresses in nollywood, i think they are great and my dream is to become an actress one day. kiss Kiss

Who is this kiss for? The actresses?

Re: I Want To Become An Actress by Nollywoodmovies: 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hello young stars out there!
We the monalisa chinda stars foundation are here for our yearly foundation program of helping the young inspired and talented upcoming actors and actress who are willing to act movies and be fully registered under the umbrella of this honorable production management.
monalisa chinda stars foundation gives you an opportunity so u can be a registered Nolly wood Actor/Actress, a registered Singer, and finally a model.

Contact us today in other to make your dream a reality. Visit our mobile website below:
(Monalisachindastarsfoundation. wirenode. mobi)

For inquiry call, our help line is opened 24/7: +2348130548816.
Good luck and hope to have you there.

Re: I Want To Become An Actress by tvreporter: 6:49am On Apr 03, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Site Can I Download Nollywood Movies From...? / Download Empire Season 2 Episode 2 – Without A Country / Nigerian Movie Reviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.