Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Fg Agrees To N65 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Agrees To N65 (12227 Views)

Revert Petrol Price Back To N65 from N97 - Nlc Blasts Gej / We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists / Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by oderemo(m): 10:29am On Jan 13, 2012
@ honeric01., i feel u man.
i no wan die , papa dey for house, mama dey fro hse.
dem bobo our papa, dem bobo ohhhhhhh.
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by muami(m): 10:30am On Jan 13, 2012
Fuel subsidy is the way forward! Fiscal federalism is on the way! Why would one be cheating another and complain when justice is about to be done! Everybody pay for the fuel you consume, After all Govts even before now has been corrupt, was there subsidy when cocoa was the revenue source? Even Milo was not cheap or subsidized,
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by Immarnuel(m): 10:46am On Jan 13, 2012
Nlc needs wisdom to act on this issue, Fg knew all these before placing the petrol price on 141/litr and implimenting it in January instead of the said April, they knew negotiation would come in place for them to now finaly bring it to 120/litr. Before agreement on any price we want to at least 4 functioning refinaries and all other needed amenities.
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by kim77: 11:00am On Jan 13, 2012
Its high time we all profer solutions/suggestions to end the ongoing impasse. A win/win situation. We all known that this government can not be TRUSTED,(for refusing to fight corruption/cabal, and decide to pass the buck/pain to the masses) at the same time we have to give them benefit of the doubt.

Coming from different analysis that there was no subsidy in the first place and array  of evidences that the government is corrupt and that the real Cabal in the government is NNPC.

In my opinion , before NLC/TUC reach ANY agreement with GEJ and his TEAM , Labour MUST get answer to the following questions (if possible under oat). These questions are fundamental to arriving to the true amount paid on subsidy. (I don't believe government paid up to 75 naira as subsidy). The Government that was paying billions of naira as subsidy based on papers/documentation without ensuring the product/PMS gets to its depot. The government that abandoned its storage facilities and decides to rent third party storage facility.

The questions that must be answered by the Government are:

1. GEJ and his Team MUST tell Nigerians what it cost to produce/import 1 litre of petro (PMS).
2. Labour should ascertained the the TRUE amount of subsidy paid by the government on a litre of petro.
3. Labour should ascertained the TRUE daily consumption of petro .
4. Labour should ascertained the number of litres petrol (PMS) produced daily by our Local refineries.
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by 989900: 11:12am On Jan 13, 2012
@ honeric01., i feel u man.
i no wan die , papa dey for house, mama dey fro hse.
dem bobo our papa, dem bobo ohhhhhhh.

I just marry . . I no wan die cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by muami(m): 11:21am On Jan 13, 2012
NO TO FUEL SUBSIDY! YES TO FISCAL FEDERALISM! Everybody pay for the fuel you consume, After all Govts even before now has been corrupt, was there subsidy when cocoa was the revenue source? Even Milo was not cheap or subsidized. If any labour union shut down oil production, then we shall OCCUPY it permanently and see if those holding jamboree/carnival at squares and Parks can subsidize fuel with their taxes. Enough is Enough!
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2012
Raxxye:

U guys keep screaming someone has been bought over even when it‘s obviously not true. How much can u be trusted. ‘Cause my grand dad said “it‘s the thief who most-easily spots another thief“. He could have been right!
bSo in one word u support we revolve round same cycle cos no one can be trusted
Seriously? Dats d way forward? SMH
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by muami(m): 11:37am On Jan 13, 2012
Anyone can occupy all the Parks and Squares in Lagos and Abuja for as long as he so desires. However, if any one dares shut down oil production, then we shall occupy it permanently and let those who holding the jamboree/carnival at squares and Parks subsidize fuel with their taxes. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by atasteve: 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2012
NLC and TUC pls dont waste our efforts. There should not be any condition for reverting back to N65.
Let government go back and clearn their corrupt systems before coming back to Nigerian with any agend!

LABOUR REMEMBER THAT ANYTHING YOU DO TODAY WILL BECOME HISTORY TOMORROW.
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2012
The idiotic Jonatrash has opened so many can of worms. The Fg will revert back to 65, then when the dust settles, we can now treat his mess before the april removal date. Nairalanders use your head.
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by muami(m): 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2012
"NERC should insist on eye-catching tariff that would attract direct foreign investment. I believe electricity tariffs need to go up by between 300 and 400 per cent to attract investors into the power sector and provide adequate electricity to Nigerian populace. NERC should therefore do that which is needful by having the courage to increase the tariff irrespective of how politically incorrect it might be." [MALLAM NASIR EL-RUFAI, SEPTEMBER 2011]
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by primzi: 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2012
Few things i have learnt in life include the truth that negotiating or discussing with a person who is not seeing things from your perspective is like beating a dead horse.

In my opinion, Sanusi Lamido, Okonjo Iweala, President Jonathan and all supporters of the subsidy removal should be given two sheets of paper with the question
"Budget of a family of 4 on N100k monthly income" They should write on the first page based on N65 petrol price and on the other page at N140 petrol price.

I believe this task will cudge their minds to see what people re saying but with what they earn, steal and make through business, they vcant see what is going on.

Its like asking you to write a budget of N90m for your feeding in a monnth, wont you go bunkers?
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by Nigerd(m): 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2012
dbride:

We have the Civil Rights group, EIE (Enough is Enough), Save Nigeria group; are they not recognised? Why are they not representing at the meeting? Nigerians are asking above all things for accountability. In this struggle, we have all identified clearly the root of our problem - CURRUPTION. Why are these men not speaking the minds of the people? Did they eat or drink there? Waoh, I am asking too many questions because I see NLC/TUC running away from the Cancer that Removal of Fuel Subsidy unearthed. My people, if you are fighting an ailment and discover the cause of the ailment, do you overlook the cause and attack the ailment only? How do you hope to get the ailment out today and not see it resuscitate tomorrow?

NLC/TUC, think; let this struggle not be a wasted effort.

Save Nigeria Group are bunch of Opposition who did not win Election in the last Election and are bent on making nigeria ungovernnable fot Jonaathan,

they are not sincere in their protest,
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by kizito96(m): 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2012
We are watching
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2012
p. rimzi:

Few things i have learnt in life include the truth that negotiating or discussing with a person who is not seeing things from your perspective is like beating a dead horse.

In my opinion, Sanusi Lamido, Okonjo Iweala, President Jonathan and all supporters of the subsidy removal should be given two sheets of paper with the question
"Budget of a family of 4 on N100k monthly income" They should write on the first page based on N65 petrol price and on the other page at N140 petrol price.

I believe this task will cudge their minds to see what people re saying but with what they earn, steal and make through business, they vcant see what is going on.

Its like asking you to write a budget of N90m for your feeding in a monnth, wont you go bunkers?

That's a very good one. How I wish all these old men in power have the sense to scan Internet and NL for ideas.
I think young folk will make better rulers tbh.
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by olatwo(m): 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2012
As far as am concerned NLC has done a very Good job, afteral they didn't agree yet, that means nlc can still give there own terms too since its a negotiation process which may incllude cutting down the price more. E.g 80 or 90.

It should be known to those calling NLC names already or some even say the lost, that is not the case here. Is it too much to comprehend the simple english written here Gosh!

Donno why we are generally impatient in this country and will never want a bite of a mosquito yet wants to eat a big meat.
Cool down peeps and let's fight this curruption 1ce in all.
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by clip: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2012
Good omen for the country.They should publish how they fix the price for N141
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by SmithOpe39: 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
Bull shit stories,
Re: Fg Agrees To N65 by Raxxye(m): 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
ogbeche77:

bSo in one word u support we revolve round same cycle cos no one can be trusted
Seriously? Dats d way forward? SMH
All I‘m saying is that you should always have verifiable evidence b4 u lay accusations. U sounded too primitive!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Objectively List The Sins Of The President / Pictures Of Gen Buhari..in Owerri During The Biafrian War / I’ve Accepted My Removal In Good Faith - Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.