Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy (10399 Views)

Poll: What are your thoughts on this ?

Good Dscussion: 88% (22 votes)
Bad Discussion: 12% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 2:34am On Jan 14, 2012
BBC News Debate on Fuel Subsidy? What are your thoughts ?

[flash=400,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W41fGqAI8ZE&list=UUOBsVOG9Fp6kXK49fkOPYJQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/flash]
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 3:43am On Jan 14, 2012
Inserted the wrong link, I have modified the post. Any thoughts ?   undecided undecided undecided
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2012
**passing** grin
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by Chisom212: 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2012
Those Nigerians should learn how to speak English with saying - ahh ahh ahh,  ehh ehh ehh.
pHuck! My data bundle is down.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
I watched similar thing on Voice of America yesterday and everybody kept telling our dumb president to tackle corruption and the cost of government before dreaming of subsidy removal.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I watched similar thing on Voice of America yesterday and everybody kept telling our dumb president to tackle corruption and the cost of government before dreaming of subsidy removal.

Na so
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by nadkaf: 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
Just listening to Labaran Maku on BBC radio. The man has denied being a student in 1988. Claims that the reports to the effect that he was a student leader who led anti-SAP riots in 1988 are false!
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by Chisom212: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2012
angry angry
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by vanstanzy(m): 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2012
I watched similar thing on Voice of America yesterday and everybody kept telling our dumb president to tackle corruption  and the cost of government before dreaming of subsidy removal.

@BLUETOOTH
wink wink wink winkLET ME LEND U MY VOICE, PRESIDENT JONATHAN TACKLE CORRUPTION AND THE HIGH COST OF GOVERNANCE BEFORE REMOVING THE DARN FUEL SUBSIDY, U HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by vanunu: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2012
why is it that western capitalist countries don't subsidies the consumption of fuel by it's citizens, but rather tax them, for using same.

It seems quite clear that Goodluck is right.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by chmod777: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
So many Nigerians are educated illiterate. How could you ask some one to define the term A and he starts talking about C. I realized many people were asked about Boko Haram by the BBC reporter but they kept talking off point about fuel prize and strike, I wonder the image they present to the world about Nigerians being unable to understand simple questions, to bad
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by OkparaIgbo: 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
Who is that Tinuke, ? Is she mad or simply an Illitrate shocked Why is she shaking her head like an Agama lizard, OMG Why do this people keep embarrasing us undecided
If you dont agree to what they are saying then keep mute until your turn to speak arrives.
She should observe and learn from the woman in the U.S. these are the kind of buffons that head to strike and protests without knowing what they are there for. Jheeezzzz bunch of Illitrates angry
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by dublinkmy6: 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2012
chmod777:

So many Nigerians are educated illiterate. How could you ask some one to define the term A and he starts talking about C. I realized many people were asked about Boko Haram by the BBC reporter but they kept talking off point about fuel prize and strike, I wonder the image they present to the world about Nigerians being unable to understand simple questions, to bad
And that is the capital problem in Nigeria- Illiteracy and half education. They know little and make the most noise.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by lalaboi(m): 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2012
OkparaIgbo:

Who is that Tinuke, ? Is she mad or simply an Illitrate shocked Why is she shaking her head like an Agama lizard, OMG Why do this people keep embarrasing us undecided
If you dont agree to what they are saying then keep mute until your turn to speak arrives.
She should observe and learn from the woman in the U.S. these are the kind of buffons that head to strike and protests without knowing what they are there for. Jheeezzzz bunch of Illitrates angry

Ontop wetin?

I thought she did quite well. She was happy Mary was speaking her mind in a better way than she did.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by cap28: 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2012
They all answered the questions well, i don't know what you guys are moaning about.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by Eltonluigi(m): 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2012
Couldn't watch the video with my 2G internet speed, but it seems he didn't go well. Shaay?
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by chmod777: 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
cap28:

They all answered the questions well, i don't know what you guys are moaning about.

my brother perhaps ur IQ  is lower than theirs. Did you attend school at all ?
watch the video again and observe that some of them did not answer questions asked as if they had no brains
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by Mayflowa(m): 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2012
God! Who is that Hausa radio presenter! She is so daft! Can even understand simple question from Mary.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by ayzree: 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2012
Sincerely that Question from mary was somehow, i didnt understand at first too and Tinuke Did well , i dont know wat the beef is all about
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by BetaThings: 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2012
vanunu:

why is it that western capitalist countries don't subsidies the consumption of fuel by it's citizens, but rather tax them, for using same.

It seems quite clear that Goodluck is right.

The western countries are taxing their people to discourage them from going to work?
or to discourage them from using cars instead of trains?

Please don't invite insults on President Goodluck
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by reporter1: 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2012
I really like Mary. I like the way she presents her points unambiguously.  Tinuke too, but what is with the constant smirking? The Hausa lady is a case,  she comes across like a fish out of water.
Good debate overall. Kudos to all that participated.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by Playera(f): 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2012
What country is Housa. Tribalism is a disease that has poisoned Nigeria for a long time. It is about time Nigerians grow up and stop the ignorance be you from the north or from the south!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2012
Johnpaul2k2:

**passing** grin

why are you passing now ?! No fit talk abi u don turn to Sambo. undecided undecided
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2012
Chisom212:

Those Nigerians should learn how to speak English with saying - ahh ahh ahh,  ehh ehh ehh.
pHuck! My data bundle is down.

LoooooooL!!
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2012
Chisom212:

angry angry

why you angry ? Oya re-arrange ya face.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2012
chmod777:

Didn't you hear the Hausa man, warn them not to talk about Boko Horam because it is a delicate and sensitive issue ? Who wan DIE? LOOOL! No

one wants to be blown away.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2012
Playera:

What country is Housa. Tribalism is a disease that has poisoned Nigeria for a long time. It is about time Nigerians grow up and stop the ignorance be you from the north or from the south!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are lots of Northerners featured on BBC, very interesting. BBC is doing a good job with the coverage,
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by okeyxyz(m): 7:57pm On Jan 14, 2012
abeg who's this chief uzo?? He's been unable to muster anything sensibly concrete on any question addressed to him. he keeps going from one abstract response to another, not providing any answer whatsoever.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by cap28: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2012
chmod777:

my brother perhaps your IQ  is lower than theirs. Did you attend school at all ?
watch the video again and observe that some of them did not answer questions asked as if they had no brains

I can assure you that when it comes to intelligence i will chew you up and spit you out - check my posts and then you will understand that you and me are not in the same category.

Instead of hiding behind a computer mouthing off insults why not go in front of a tv camera and answer questions off the cuff  and lets see whether you won't break into a sweat, shi.t yourself and start stammering like the dumb bit.ch that you are.

keep on hiding behind your computer - you know you dont (and will never) have the balls to stand in front of a camera and take on the international media - bi.tch.
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
cap28:

I can assure you that when it comes to intelligence i will chew you up and spit you out - check my posts and then you will understand that you and me are not in the same category.

Instead of hiding behind a computer mouthing off insults why not go in front of a tv camera and answer questions off the cuff  and lets see whether you won't break into a sweat, shi.t yourself and start stammering like the dumb bit.ch that you are.

keep on hiding behind your computer - you know you dont (and will never) have the balls to stand in front of a camera and take on the international media - bi.tch.

You don finish am patata cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by crowaddy(m): 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2012
Its   unfortunate! a  whole  lot  of  noice noise   little  understanding,Even  the   so  called Educated folks do  not  even  know  what  subsidy  is  or even have  a  grasp  of  understanding  of the  issues  bugging  this  entity  called nigeria.Nigeria
Re: Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy by obowunmi(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2012
okeyxyz:

abeg who's this chief uzo?? He's been unable to muster anything sensibly concrete on any question addressed to him. he keeps going from one abstract response to another, not providing any answer whatsoever.

He's from Jonathan's village grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Owes Judges, Doctors 30 Months Salaries – NLC / PDP Crisis: Plot To Prevent Ayu’s Return Thickens / Yahaya Bello Donates Buses To NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.