Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,922 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe (11333 Views)

Are Churches Really Helping The Poor And Unemployed In Our Society Today? / Oritsejafor To Jonathan - Give Half Of Your Salary To The Poor / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2012
Hello folks

Donate to the poor and needy out there

A lot of children are dying out there. Instead of giving your 10% tithe to Pastors and Imams [false prophets & daylight robbery] using the bible and qua-ran to preach false in order to collect funds from them and enjoy their own lives.

Give it to beggars on the street, Charity Foundations etc.

God only wants your burnt offering, domestic animals that all.

Do not sell the truth but they are selling theirs, as you can see you will begin to know them gradually by yourself

Safe

Tell a friend to tell a friend
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by plaetton: 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2012
The truth.
How can you love god when you do not love your fellow humans?
Surprisingly, no one has responded to challange you.
Thanks for speaking the truth.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2012
faakay:

Hello folks

A lot of children are dying out there. Instead of giving your 10% tithe to Pastors and Imams [false prophets & daylight robbery] using the bible and qua-ran to preach false in order to collect funds from them and enjoy their own lives.

Do not sell the truth but they are selling theirs, as you can see you will begin to know them gradually by yourself

Safe

Seconded !! except for this statement "God only wants your burnt offering, domestic animals that all." undecided
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by OmoPastor(m): 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
@ poster

have you tried finding out charitable deeds some churches are into? do not assume that the pastors spend the churchs' monies on themselves!

fyi, many churches run commendable programs for the poor, needy and abandoned children.

this call should be for those that have not started yet.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by plaetton: 4:13am On Jan 16, 2012
OmoPastor:

@ poster

have you tried finding out charitable deeds some churches are into? do not assume that the pastors spend the churchs' monies on themselves!

fyi, [b]many churches run commendable programs for the poor, needy and abandoned children.[/b]this call should be for those that have not started yet.

Omo Pastor, we are not sunday school children. Your above claims may be true or false. I 'm willing to wager that they are false. The pastors spend all the churches money on themselves, with few crumbs going to their inner circles and other yes men. Prove me wrong by publishing the names of the churches and what charitable works they do. Since there is no secrecy in charity, they must be verifiable.
Looking forward.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by OmoPastor(m): 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
@ plaetton
Omo Pastor, we are not sunday school children.
but you were once!

Your above claims may be true or false. I 'm willing to wager that they are false.
thats your own opinion.

The pastors spend all the churches money on themselves,
thats unsubstantiated and bogus. if you think and know this is the case then go start your own ministry and see how easy it is to spend all the tithes on yourself. you guys just enjoy running your mouth about frivolous things because it concerns the pastor.

with few crumbs going to their inner circles and other yes men.
how did you know this? can you provide your facts and figures.

Prove me wrong by publishing the names of the churches and what charitable works they do.
your knowledge of their charitable works is insignificant and irrelevant. go around the churches and find out for yourself.

Since there is no secrecy in charity, they must be verifiable.
they do not answer to anybody but God!
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by plaetton: 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
@omopastor:
Ha ha  ha. Just as I thought. Aside from the catholic and Anglican churches, YOU cannot name one single pentecostal church that is is involved in or with  any known charity. That makes your previous statement a lie.

But much more Hilarious is the your last statement:
OmoPastor:

they do not answer to anybody but God!

That says it all. How convenient for them. No accountability to the people from whom they feed fat. What a wonderful world where human beings are not accountable to anyone for their deeds.
With the above statement, you have said it all. No need to for you to lie for your pastors, afterall, they only account(the money?) to god.
Need I say anything else?
Ha ha ha.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
Another thread that will go down the drain of oblivion---

You see, what the proponents of 'donate to the needy and not to pastors' fail to realize is that most Nigerians are self-centered and they've been suckered into believing that by giving to the pastors, they would receive a hundred fold in return. They don't give because they love the pastor or they hate the needy, they give because of the 'blessings' attached to the act itself. In most churches, if you give to the needy, you're just being charitable, no blessings attached.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by plaetton: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
phxc:

Another thread that will go down the drain of oblivion---

You see, what the proponents of 'donate to the needy and not to pastors' fail to realize is that most Nigerians are self-centered and they've been suckered into believing that by giving to the pastors, they would receive a hundred fold in return. They don't give because they love the pastor or they hate the needy, they give because of the 'blessings' attached to the act itself. In most churches, if you give to the needy, you're just being charitable, no blessings attached.
Excellent point.
What we see ,especially in Nigeria, is the total perversion of the message of the humble Nazerene. Giving to to needy is a selfless act wheareas giving to the pastor is a selfish act, an intended bribe.
So with all the thousands of churches all around us, deep down, we are still the same: selfish and wicked.

1 Like

Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Goshen360(m): 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2012
Am compiling a book on tithe and the truth your pastor is not telling you. Tithe in the church today is fraud and it is not a way God blesses people. Pastors have hammered more on that cos it suites them. Jesus rarely talked about money to his disciples. I will upload my comprehensive details after am done with the research. Willful giving is what the new testament church is based on.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by OmoPastor(m): 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
@ goshen360
waiting for your write up
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
OK

Anybody who wants to write a book on it should go ahead
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by room702(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2012
faakay:

Hello folks

Safe

i co-sign this and this is what i've been doing for the longest time
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by ayusman16(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2012
Not your business what i do with my money. angry
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by babaowo: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2012
This is why an adage says "charity begins at home" some folks family are rotten in poverty while they still donates millions to fake pastors and imams. People should learn to take care of their family and less privlgde societ.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by deltalife(m): 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ignorance has a lot of power over so many,

Have you ever taken time to know how some good Church monies are spent?

In my church, for example every single dime spent is accounted for.

and analysis is done and displayed for the church to see.

as a matter of fact my pastor understand the secrete of good success and He sacrifices more than any other.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by ochukoccna: 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
@ omo pastor,heresy starts when a pastor believes he's not accountable to any1.Recall the pope&the crusades?
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by lordkrato(m): 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
Really commend the creator of this topic. Unlike most other fun-induced topics,this calls for a great reflection.

People go from church to church and if their problem is not solved here, they "transfer" to another church. People mostly pay tithe just to reap blessings. As the Lord said "You have had your own reward." Very soon when people open their eyes and realize that Jesus,Paul,Elijah all lived lives of service, not luxury. Christianity should be a way of living,a lifestyle, not just an association people belong to just for the sake of it.

You would not believe that a woman went to a man who owns a hospital asking for money to feed her children during the strike You know what the man said "Ask your Church members, they should help" and " i would do so as soon as the holy spirit directs me"

See where our problems lie Nigerians?
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by ebosed: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
room702:

i co-sign this and this is what i've been doing for the longest time

Stop Blowing your trumpet! Let everyone do what they perceived is right. One day we would all die and face our maker in Judgment. Wait until then and stop judging others. It is however commendable that you give to the poor. That is very good. I would advice you to also pay your tithe and offering because God commands it and leave the "people chopping" to their God. God Bless!!!
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by deboski4u: 1:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
why are u contending with GOD? Is it the Pastor who wrote Malachi 3 VS 4-10 ? why not face your problem than disobeying God. how much is 10% for God, and 90% for you.  please, i did not say charity org. is not good, that is why we hve offering, u can give them from the 90% remaining, leave what is meant for God for God.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by OmoPastor(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2012
Lets not go off point.

Who is the poor? Is it the guy without money or the guy with impoverished mentality? Poverty is a spiritual incapacitation which results in a man's disability to produce anything from his spirit. Man is a spirit, he has a soul and lives in a body. when your spirit is disbled, rendered handicapped, distressed; you become poor.

Show me one place in the bible where Jesus gave money or materials to the poor even though He subscribed to it?

Do you know why he did not do that? cos the solution to the problem of the poor is not what you donate although its necessary to do so but if you really want to help the poor the solution is the Word of God first and then you can donate.

People will remain poor cos of their ignorance of the Word of God and their refusal of Gods kingdom financial principles.

And point of correction: NO ONE DONATES TO THE PASTOR!
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 25, 2012
It is quite revealing that prominent posters on  this religious section have chosen to abandon this informative  thread. I have watched helplessly as pastors have misled a lot of people aided by their own laziness. I want to ask all the pastors who collect tithes from their congregation to answer this questions.
1. Did Jesus collect tithe?
2. Did the apostles ever collect tithe? (having it in mind that the only form of giving as exemplified in thenew testament is the act of giving willingly remenber ananaias and saphira gave without being instructed what percentage they were to give. )
3. Do you know that the original tithe was only foodstuff and not money despite the fact that there was a legal tender at that time still money was never tithed it was only food crops because the aim of tithe in the first place was to make sure levite's did not starve(meaning they were expected to be noble and in no way affluent otherwise the tithe of money would have being requested ) .
4. The book of malachi chapter 3 that we always quote stipulates that tithe should be stored in the "store house" not the "synagogue" or "temple". The reason is that tithes are perishable in their forms hence they were stored in the store house.
  Why will the Church having all these facts choose to still preach  the  gospel of tithe beats me. It's quite easier to defend polygammy than to defend tithe but because tithe is a monetary issue people have chosen to ignore it. SMH. read my other post on tithe. . . . .
@topic the problem of most christians is laziness they find it difficult to read. Rather they prefer to listen to som one expantiate the word of God to them. Them most important signal that the church was given thata a new christian order has commenced with the death of our lord Jesus christ is the tearing of the veil seprating the holy of holies the implication is that it is wrong for anybody to stand in the Gap for you as a christian. Infact you and your pastor are equally anointed he may appear more annointed due to the fact that he is more knowledgeable of his spiritual rights or he is brainwashing you. So how can a fellow levite like myself constitue himself as a tithe collector. The fact that anybody agrees to collect tithe means that they are nullifying the new order and they must also stop wearing clothes made with polyester and wool too.
 A whole lot of things is wrong with this present church please check this list out and prayerfully meditate on them.

1. bringing the dead into the church during burial ceremony.---The bible affirms that after death the rest is judgement therefore laying a dead man in the middle of a church is just not concievable.
2. Making wedding ceremony in the church compulsory for couples as a condition for the legality of their marriage----was mary and joseph wedded in a church. The marriage Jesus attended in canaan if it was in a synagogue it would have been stated .
3. Establishing of business empire sure makes the kingdom message secondary if not to the founder but to the members who are still nurturing their faith.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by ebosed: 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
Integrity is defined as "The state of being whole and undivided: "territorial integrity". How many of us can boast of this on NL?

1. Have you ever slept with a lady/man you are not married to?
2. Have you ever cheated in an examination?
3. Have you ever falsify your age or data to get an unmerited advantage?
4. Have you ever make some financial gain against the rule or ethics at work?
5. Have you ever cheated on your wife?
6. Do you behave at home/work or in business the same way you behave in church/mosque?
7. Is God not separated your from Business or work Ethics?
8. Have ever given Bride or take bride from someone?
9. Have you ever lied? Even when it is not necessary?
10. Have you ever participated in any electoral fraud?
11. Have you ever taken what does not belong to you?
12. Did you not cheat to pass you WAEC? JAMB? etc.
13. Have you not  granted unmerited favor to anyone simply because he is from your village at the expense of another man from another village?
14. Tell me you never stole? Fought? Cursed? etc.

The list is endless

When you accuse others you might just be as guilty as them if not more.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by TomiSwag(m): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
@porter.
On the part U called Pastors, daylight robbers, I feel sorry for U and all who agree with U.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Superbrain(m): 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2012
faakay:

Hello folks

Safe

You are either a joker or obviously ignorant of God's word. Go and read Malachi 3:10 , "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it"

The tithe is to be given in the church. If God wanted otherwise, he would have instructed us to do so. I have noticed on NL that most people who have an issue with tithing and sowing seeds belong to one of three categories of people:

1. Those who do not pay their tithes and see no reason to give offerings and are trying to justify their actions.
2. Those who cannot come to terms with the fact that Christ died so that we may enjoy the benefits of eternal life.
3. Those whose poverty mindset would never make them appreciate prosperity (either evident in a pastor's life or that of an unbeliever).

The scriptures bear witness. If you have a problem with tithing, no one is compelling you to. Read Malachi 3: 8-9 and if you still have an issue with it, why not wait till judgement day to find out the truth than make a lot of fuss about it? Let sleeping dogs lie. Afterall, those who pay their tithes never complain about it because they understand the importance. If you feel your one-tenth should go to the orphanages, then give it to them. Every man shall answer for himself on the day of reckoning.

BTW, how did this make it to the front page? NL is becoming a big joke.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by ebosed: 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
Guitarlife:

It is quite revealing that prominent posters on  this religious section have chosen to abandon this informative  thread. I have watched helplessly as pastors have misled a lot of people aided by their own laziness. I want to ask all the pastors who collect tithes from their congregation to answer this questions.

1. Did Jesus collect tithe?

2. Did the apostles ever collect tithe? (having it in mind that the only form of giving as exemplified in thenew testament is the act of giving willingly remenber ananaias and saphira gave without being instructed what percentage they were to give. )

3. Do you know that the original tithe was only foodstuff and not money despite the fact that there was a legal tender at that time still money was never tithed it was only food crops because the aim of tithe in the first place was to make sure levite's did not starve(meaning they were expected to be noble and in no way affluent otherwise the tithe of money would have being requested ) .

4. The book of malachi chapter 3 that we always quote stipulates that tithe should be stored in the "store house" not the "synagogue" or "temple". The reason is that tithes are perishable in their forms hence they were stored in the store house.

Why will the Church having all these facts choose to still preach  the  gospel of tithe beats me. It's quite easier to defend polygammy than to defend tithe but because tithe is a monetary issue people have chosen to ignore it. SMH. read my other post on tithe. . . .
@topic the problem of most christians is laziness they find it difficult to read. Rather they prefer to listen to som one expantiate the word of God to them. Them most important signal that the church was given thata a new christian order has commenced with the death of our lord Jesus christ is the tearing of the veil seprating the holy of holies the implication is that it is wrong for anybody to stand in the Gap for you as a christian. Infact you and your pastor are equally anointed he may appear more annointed due to the fact that he is more knowledgeable of his spiritual rights or he is brainwashing you. So how can a fellow levite like myself constitue himself as a tithe collector. The fact that anybody agrees to collect tithe means that they are nullifying the new order and they must also stop wearing clothes made with polyester and wool too.
 A whole lot of things is wrong with this present church please check this list out and prayerfully meditate on them.

1. bringing the dead into the church during burial ceremony.---The bible affirms that after death the rest is judgement therefore laying a dead man in the middle of a church is just not concievable.

2. Making wedding ceremony in the church compulsory for couples as a condition for the legality of their marriage----was mary and joseph wedded in a church. The marriage Jesus attended in canaan if it was in a synagogue it would have been stated .

3. Establishing of business empire sure makes the kingdom message secondary if not to the founder but to the members who are still nurturing their faith.

The earth is God's and the fullness thereof.

God is the owner of our Time and Resources.

Your Time is your life.

You trade your time for your salary. You are paid your salary for the time you spend at work which is given to you by God.

If your time gives you money when properly used it is right to give back to God what belongs to him - as the owner of that time he to you as life.

You money is not your money because you use God's time allotted to you to make that money.

Back to your questions.

1. Did Jesus collect tithe? The Money in the purse kept by Judas was it from business by the Disciples? Matthew 23:23 , these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Jesus her approve both tithing and the act of mercy.

2. Did the apostles ever collect tithe? Paul wrote to the Corinthians "Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come." 1 Cor. 16:1-2

3. Question 3 & 4? Either cash or stuffs, pay your tithe and leave others to pay their tithe. It is commanded.

4. Others: Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1 Cor 4:5

Thank you and God Bless you
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by ebosed: 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
goshen360:

Am compiling a book on tithe and the truth your pastor is not telling you. Tithe in the church today is fraud and it is not a way God blesses people. Pastors have hammered more on that cos it suites them. Jesus rarely talked about money to his disciples. I will upload my comprehensive details after am done with the research. Willful giving is what the new testament church is based on.

we are waiting to see your heresies.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Superbrain(m): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2012
OmoPastor:

Lets not go off point.

Who is the poor? Is it the guy without money or the guy with impoverished mentality? Poverty is a spiritual incapacitation which results in a man's disability to produce anything from his spirit. Man is a spirit, he has a soul and lives in a body. when your spirit is disbled, rendered handicapped, distressed; you become poor.

Show me one place in the bible where Jesus gave money or materials to the poor even though He subscribed to it?

Do you know why he did not do that? cos the solution to the problem of the poor is not what you donate although its necessary to do so but if you really want to help the poor the solution is the Word of God first and then you can donate.

People will remain poor cos of their ignorance of the Word of God and their refusal of Gods kingdom financial principles.

Spot on bro. The general mindset of most people nowadays is that when they are giving in the church, they are enriching the Pastor. Even if the Pastor squanders God's resources on himself, is it for you to judge? The most important thing is that you gave from your heart to God.

Show me a tither and giver that is poor and lacks. You can never find one. Know why? Because by their acts, they justify their faith in the Almighty God, and they prosper.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by cchioke: 2:43pm On Jan 25, 2012
just thought about this today,the churches collects all this monies and may be build a university but a common man cant afford it,they fly in private jets and live in choice area while the poor is dying of hunger and diseases,why cant that tithe get to the needy directly and make an impact on ones life than this exploitation?
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Eltonluigi(m): 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
An old man once told me a pastor came to him that he had a vision(probably dream) that god says he should give him(the pastor) his abandoned car and the old man replied; can't you wait 'til god himself come to me then I would think about it. *end of story* My point is, if god had spoke to the Philistines(now Palestine) about letting the Israelites(extincted & now migrants from Europe occupying Palestinian land by force known as Israelis)settled at Canaan, there wouldn't have be problem between the two groups which as resulted to bloodshed and loss of life till date. But we all know sky-daddy as an Authoritarian who doesn't involve in simple dialogue and FYI poster I don't have nuff money, so I keep all to myself.
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Aladinn(m): 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
OmoPastor:

Lets not go off point.

why then did jesus feed five thousand people? He should have just continue to saying 'blessed' nd let c if d pple wuld have responded to the msg. I'm nt against tithe, a pastor in a full time ministry feeds nd clothes on it. What am against is pastors with extravagant lifestyles like musicians nd sportstars. Humility is fast becoming a lost virtue in most pastors. Check out bill gates,very rich and yet modest. Some pastors flambuoyant lifestyle is sickening
Re: Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe by Joagbaje(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2012
faakay:

Hello folks

Donate to the poor and needy out there A lot of children are dying out there. Instead of giving your 10% tithe to Pastors and Imams [false prophets & daylight robbery] using the bible and qua-ran to preach false in order to collect funds from them and enjoy their own lives.

The tithe is not for the pastor ,it is given to God. A pastor ought to give his own tithe also because he is a christian.

Give it to beggars on the street, Charity Foundations etc.God only wants your burnt offering, domestic animals that all.Do not sell the truth but they are selling theirs, as you can see you will begin to know them gradually by yourself Safe

There are different kinds of givings in the word of God. Giving to the beggars is only a part of it. You should do all. There's giving of offerings ,tithes , projects, giving to Your man of God, giving to the poor and giving to parents . They all carry their different blessings . One should not take the place of the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Could Sin Be The Reason For Joblessness? / What Attracted You To Your Current Church / When You Die, Don't Go Towards The Light!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.