Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,647 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology (4601 Views)

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. / Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO / Pls What Is The Difference Btw Ond And Nd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology by Dstar4u(m): 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2012
Hello my great mentors, kindly explain the difference btw physics, geophysics and geology. Tanx
Re: Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology by tanimola22: 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^^

Google is still alive.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7327661_difference-between-geology-geophysics.html
http://www.ehow.com/about_5038701_geophysics.html

You can employ the help of Google to get more information.

T22.
Re: Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology by yamakuza: 8:47am On Jan 15, 2012
^ Thank you o!

The interesting thing is that none of those articles said anything explicit about oil or oil companies.

I'm sure the op will be leaning towards chem or pet engrg now because down here, when we hear geology, we think Shell & co.

The after-school challenges expressed by majority of geologists on this forum doesnt make it any more enticing.

Of the 3, I guess Physics is the clear winner, but why not go for an engineering course?
Re: Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology by Dstar4u(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
yamakuza:

^ Thank you o!

The interesting thing is that none of those articles said anything explicit about oil or oil companies.

I'm sure the op will be leaning towards chem or pet engrg now because down here, when we hear geology, we think Shell & co.

The after-school challenges expressed by majority of geologists on this forum doesnt make it any more enticing.

Of the 3, I guess Physics is the clear winner, but why not go for an engineering course?

i just want to know the difference btw them nd i tink geology nd geophysics work in oil company nd where can they work aside from oil company. I need more abt physics. Tanx
Re: Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology by yamakuza: 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
Dstar4u:

i just want to know the difference btw them nd i tink geology nd geophysics work in oil company nd where can they work aside from oil company. I need more abt physics. Tanx

for the differences, check Google then ask us questions on specific things you dont understand.

As per where they work or can work, check their respective threads up there.
Re: Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology by d7thcaller: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2012
Dstar4u:

Hello my great mentors, kindly explain the difference btw physics, geophysics and geology. Tanx

You can actualy get this information through google. However find the answers below;

Geology: The study of the earth interior, its structure and the materials that makes it up.

Geophysics: Study of the earth interior using geophysical methods- electrical, gravity, magnetic, seismic

Physics: Scientific study of matter and energy and how they interact with each other.

Dstar4u:

Geologist, Geophysicist and Physicist can all work in the oil and gas coy.

Geologist / Geophysicist can work in the civil construction coy as a geotechnical professional, can work in drilling coy (both water and oil/gas), mineral exploration coy, Research Institute, etc

1 Like

Re: Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology by AlfcomEnergy(m): 4:23pm On May 02, 2013
[img][/img]
d7thcaller:

You can actualy get this information through google. However find the answers below;

Geology: The study of the earth interior, its structure and the materials that makes it up.

Geophysics: Study of the earth interior using geophysical methods- electrical, gravity, magnetic, seismic

Physics: Scientific study of matter and energy and how they interact with each other.

Geologist, Geophysicist and Physicist can all work in the oil and gas coy.

Geologist / Geophysicist can work in the civil construction coy as a geotechnical professional, can work in drilling coy (both water and oil/gas), mineral exploration coy, Research Institute, etc

Re: Difference Btw Physics, Geophysics, And Geology by AlfcomEnergy(m): 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
Drilling Operations & Equipments Course in August at Ikeja Lagos.
contact info@alfcomenergy.com

(1) (Reply)

Lafia, School Of Nursing/ And Midwifery/ Form 2016/2017 Is Currently On Sales. / Student Replies ASUU On What He Has Learnt During The Long Holiday / Uniben Clearance Start 7th February & Date Of Resumption Update 14 Feb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.