Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

What Happens When Recharge Pin Digit Limit Is Reached? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happens When Recharge Pin Digit Limit Is Reached? (1712 Views)

MTN Nigeria Changes Recharge Pin Codes From 12 To 16 Digits / Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! / Unlock Your Stubborn 16 Digit Pin Modem Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When Recharge Pin Digit Limit Is Reached? by charlsecy4(m): 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2012
I have been wondering about the exhaustability of recharge PINs. Let me use MTN as an example: an MTN recharge PIN has 12 digits (xxxx xxxx xxxx). That means there are nine hundred and ninety nine billion, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, and nine hundred and ninety nine combinations of recharge PINs (999 999 999 999).

My question is, what if over the years, this limit is reached, would MTN expand the number of digits of her PIN? Or, would she start reproducing already spent PINs so as to still keep the digits at 12?
Re: What Happens When Recharge Pin Digit Limit Is Reached? by kariolality: 5:42am On Jan 20, 2012
You permutate the 12 digits right, even if it is reached MTN will still continue, thats why if someone load a card now,it can still work 2 years later, until maybe lets say 10 to 15 yrs from now there might have been improvement in technology, recharge card may be printed in another way,
Re: What Happens When Recharge Pin Digit Limit Is Reached? by Emeka72(m): 7:26am On Jan 20, 2012
I wonder if fore-casting guarantees; i.e. if somebody does try yur luck and gets a recharge, what will happen if another customer buys d recharge card dat has been fraudulently used¿
Re: What Happens When Recharge Pin Digit Limit Is Reached? by dragnet: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2012
charlsecy4:

I have been wondering about the exhaustability of recharge PINs. Let me use MTN as an example: an MTN recharge PIN has 12 digits (xxxx xxxx xxxx). That means there are nine hundred and ninety nine billion, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, and nine hundred and ninety nine combinations of recharge PINs (999 999 999 999).

My question is, what if over the years, this limit is reached, would MTN expand the number of digits of her PIN? Or, would she start reproducing already spent PINs so as to still keep the digits at 12?
How about permutations ?
Also repeated digits. . .etc
Tho its true they'd run out someday but more combinations will emerge, like reducing the amount of digits of the pin etc

(1) (Reply)

Mtn 4g / 10 Facts About Selfies You Should Know By Rodriquez / Tired Of Old Nairaland Look?? Give Your Self A New Look...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.