Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? (3938 Views)

10 Bad Things Nigerian Christian Youths Do In Church / Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by saraj(f): 3:17am On Jan 16, 2012
buzugee:

ok lets see. the 8 million people that died in both wars are
1, from countries that is parasitic on his people. colonialism, slavery, genocide all over the african continent, plundering the african continent, exterminating blacks in germany, the ashanti wars, the zulu wars, apartheid, jim crow, lynchings, hangings of his people NEED I SAY MORE ? the lord uses people to oppress his people and then he destroys those people afterwards. classic example. the american civil war. they enslaved and got free labor and killed and sold kids away from their mothers for 2 centuries. the lord let this happen. deuteronomy 28. then afterwards he made sure all those involved got killed or their family members got killed in the american civil war. nearly 1 million white slave masters were genocided during that war. the lord works in mysterious ways brother. you will always reap what you sow.

india as you said used to be a racist society. they had a caste system. the black skinned people were treated like crap. nowadays the caste system is gone and its all about economics. may be thats what it is. i dont know. maybe those who died from polio were the kids of the oppressors of the dark caste. i dont know but trust me, there is a method to the madness.

Please enlighten me.When did this happen?
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 2:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
sara j:

Please enlighten me.When did this happen?
stop splitting hairs. yes, there were tonnes of dark skinned people in those concentration camps too. the jewish media only focuses on jewish people. keep in mind that there were not too many black people in germany at that point in time so the attrocities may be somewhat negligible when compared to the so called jews. however german attrocities in namibia was immense, as was belgian attrocity in the congo, as was lord lugards attrocity in nigeria, as was british attrocity in the ashanti wars, as was white folk massacre of the zulus, as was massacre of the kenyan maumau etc etc
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2012
if you shed blood, with blood you must pay. christ knows his people are defenseless. how does he repay for his people ? he allows these people to go to war with each other. they spill each others blood.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by saraj(f): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
buzugee:

stop splitting hairs. yes, there were tonnes of dark skinned people in those concentration camps too. the jewish media only focuses on jewish people. keep in mind that there were not too many black people in germany at that point in time so the attrocities may be somewhat negligible when compared to the so called jews. however german attrocities in namibia was immense, as was belgian attrocity in the congo, as was lord lugards attrocity in nigeria, as was british attrocity in the ashanti wars, as was white folk massacre of the zulus, as was massacre of the kenyan maumau etc etc

So, I take it that you believe that these victims deserved it according to
your beliefs.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
sara j:

So, I take it that you believe that these victims deserved it according to
your beliefs.
if they didnt deserve it, the most high would not have smite them. the lord dont make mistakes. he is a just God. its not about what i believe. who am i but a mere servant of the most high.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by mazaje(m): 12:22am On Jan 17, 2012
buzugee is just making things up and talking about things he has absolute no knowledge of. . . . . grin grin
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by plaetton: 1:41am On Jan 17, 2012
I waited patiently to see if i can learn something new from this thread. But oh me Gosh! I 'm awe struck by just how ludicrous the much convoluted logic of sir Buzugee really is.
It really hard to argue with this as he seems to make things up as he goes, but it is also dangerous to let him go without a challange.
According to Buzugee:
god is evil because he creates and causes all suffering and evil.
Everyone, including babies, deserves whatever suffering they get.
If you are being oppressed, its because god is deliberately using someone to oppress you, therefore,
all the chaos in the world is a reflection of god's justice.

Well, who can argue with those?
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Flashaldrin(m): 11:11am On Jan 17, 2012
I dont believe what this buzugee is saying atall! I really need genuine opinions/answers. Where are the christians now??
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
mazaje:

buzugee is just making things up and talking about things he has absolute no knowledge of. . . . . grin grin
but everything i have said, i have backed with bible passages. now the question is, do you believe the bible is real or not ? do you believe God exists ? if the answer to those 2 questions is 'yes', then surely you must agree with what i have said because i have backed it with biblical passages. however if the answer to those 2 questions is 'no'. then i can understand why you think i am making stuff up. it all depends on if you believe in God or not. grin
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2012
plaetton:

I waited patiently to see if i can learn something new from this thread. But oh me Gosh! I 'm awe struck by just how ludicrous the much convoluted logic of sir Buzugee really is.
It really hard to argue with this as he seems to make things up as he goes, but it is also dangerous to let him go without a challange.
According to Buzugee:
god is evil because he creates and causes all suffering and evil.
Everyone, including babies, deserves whatever suffering they get.
If you are being oppressed, its because god is deliberately using someone to oppress you, therefore,
all the chaos in the world is a reflection of god's justice.

Well, who can argue with those?
grin grin grin did i back all my points with the scripture or not ? i have quoted at least 10 verses in the bible to back every point i made. the question is do you believe in the bible ?
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
Flashaldrin:

I dont believe what this buzugee is saying atall! I really need genuine opinions/answers. Where are the christians now??
like the lord said, my people are rebellious and stiff necked and strong headed. they want to see a miracle first before they believe in him. hence why we are in the condition we are in today as a people. all the prophets he sent to our forefathers were stoned and nearly lynched to death. deuteronomy 31 vs 27, exodus 32 vs 9, ezekiel 2 vs 3. things havent changed. you are still as stiff necked and rebellious as can be embarassed
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
AND FOR THOSE WHO DONT BELIEVE THE BIBLE. I WILL MAKE 3 CASE SCENARIOS OF WHAT THE BIBLE PREDICTED AND HAPPENED.

CASE 1. GENESIS 6 VS 3. the lord appointed every man to live 120 years. of course if you dont get to this age then it is something that you did wrong but you have 120 years potential in you. now here is a list of the worlds oldest people and how long they lived

Rank Name Sex Birth date Death date Age Place of death
1 Jeanne Calment F 21 February 1875 4 August 1997 122 years, 164 days France
2 Sarah Knauss F 24 September 1880 30 December 1999 119 years, 97 days United States
3 Lucy Hannah F 16 July 1875 21 March 1993 117 years, 248 days United States
4 Marie-Louise Meilleur F 29 August 1880 16 April 1998 117 years, 230 days Canada
5 María Capovilla F 14 September 1889 27 August 2006 116 years, 347 days Ecuador
6 Tane Ikai F 18 January 1879 12 July 1995 116 years, 175 days Japan
7 Elizabeth Bolden F 15 August 1890 11 December 2006 116 years, 118 days United States
8 Carrie C. White F 18 November 1874 14 February 1991 116 years, 88 days[5][6] United States
9 Kamato Hongo F 16 September 1887 31 October 2003 116 years, 45 days[5][7] Japan
10 Maggie Barnes F 6 March 1882 19 January 1998 115 years, 319 days United States

NOTICE HOW THEY ALL HOVER AROUND 120 YEARS ? IS THAT FREAKY ? grin this list is culled from wikipedia.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 1:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
CASE 2. MARTIN LUTHER KING IN AMERICA WAS PREACHING ABOUT PEACE AND HE MADE THE SPEECH 'I HAVE A DREAM, I HAVE A DREAM' . MEANWHILE WHEN THE FBI TAPPED HIS PHONE, THEY FOUND OUT HE COMMITS ADULTERY. well all this is recorded in the bible JEREMIAH 23 VS 25-26 (HIS SPEECH), JEREMIAH 23 VS 17 (HIS MESSAGE OF PEACE ), JEREMIAH 23 VS 14 (HIS ADULTERY)

NOTICE ALL THIS IS IN THE SAME CHAPTER SO YOU DONT THINK I AM GETTING IT FROM DIFFERENT PLACES TO SUIT MY PURPOSE
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2012
CASE 3. IT WAS PREDICTED BY GOD THAT WHEN THE EUROPEANS (EDOMITES) CONQUER THE WORLD, THEY WILL NAME THE LANDS AFTER THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY ARE ARROGANT ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT THEIR KINGDOM WILL CONTINUE FOREVER. PSALMS 49 VS 11.

AMERICA-amerigo vespucci
AFRICA-scipio africanus
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by mnwankwo(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
I spend most of time in the hospital, and believe me, i've seen so much pain.
people are suffering going through extreme pain, even outside the hospital, we hear of untold hardships, violence, discrimination, abuse, subjugation etc
what pains me most is that majority of this people are the good ones, the religious ones, those that cling onto the faith they have in their God, no matter their condition, yet this things and worse happen to them.
I just i came back from the ward now after seeing the mother of a friend of mine, she was suffering from bosom cancer that has already metastasized, she was in so much pain you could feel it, and she has been like that for the past one year now. this woman before her illness was a very very dedicated worker in her church, so deeply committed to serving her God, including her husband and ALL her children. when the sickness started am sure they must have read of the promises of God in the bible and started praying based on it, but yet the pain and suffering just increases, now she is all dry and shrunken, and money is being wasted but yet God is there, watching. . .
there was this other small girl, about 5 yrs old, that just got her two legs amputated, you need to hear her screaming, and the tears pouring from her eyes, so innocent and young yet passing through all this now.
I've also heard countless stories of innocent children barely 6 years old being violated, this helpless and defenseless ones are as we learn in the bible, the closest to God's heart.
Sometimes am just confused, and nothing makes sense anymore, I'm a christian, and i know we have a compassionate and loving God, that loves even sinners, so i cant help but ask, WHERE IS GOD WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE

Hi Flashaldrin. Your questions are legitimate in my view. You are not alone with such questions. Almost all of us when confronted with very painful experiences similar to the ones you mentioned will us ask "Where is God when bad things happen to good people". In the midst of such painful human suffering, it is difficult to offer an answer. How do one begin to explain to a mother that have just lost his only child or a father that have lost his wife and children in a ghastly motor accident that there is God who loves them. There are certainly answers but it is very difficult to convey them under such circumstances. Inspite of the difficulty, I will try to convey in brief my perception of the issues you raised.

Firstly, it is not the will of God that men should suffer illnesses or diseases and similar things. Suffering including diseases is because of our disobedience to the laws of God. By laws of God I mean the intrinsic characteristic of all that is in existence, these innate characteristics are a reflection of the will of God. In man, these characteristics are just talents which can only develop into abilities if the talents are used in the sense and purpose for which the creator gave it. To enable man transform these talents into abilities, God gave men free will. This free will like other talents is an integral part of the spirit. With free will, man can develop himself to that which the creator destined him to be but it is also possible that he can dig his own grave if he misuses his free will by ignoring the promptings of the talents that God implanted in him and following a path not in accord with the will of God. Thus rightly understood, there is no difference between a lair or murderer with the person who abuses his earthly bodies by smoking, drunkenness, gluttony or by lack of exercise. Each disobey the laws of God.

The threads of our fate are formed by the billions of decisions we take everyday through our actions, words, thoughts, motives, imagination and intuition. Like a seed sown in a fertile soil, our activities germinate and will one day return the fruits of the seeds we sowed in multiples. The problem though is that by the time the fruits of the seeds return to us, we are not conscious in the earthly sense that we sowed the seeds. Thus if they bring blessing, we say it is providence but if the bring sorrow, we say where is God when these bad things are happening to us. The laws of God brings neither blessing nor punishment to anyone but returns to each one the seeds of his fruits with clinical precision. In this lies the justice and love of God.

Even the genes you are to inherit, the families into which you will be born are a manifestation of the seeds you have sown or is sowing. Thus what happens to us is because we are ripening the fruits of our seeds or we accepted prenatally to experience them to gain maturity or that we became victims of the misapplication of freewill by our fellow travelers. On earth there are both good and evil people and it is quite possible that in some cases, a good person can become the victim of the evil volition of his fellow men. In this later case, the good person must have spared himself many of those evil if he remained spiritually alert. Consider, how will a child learn how to walk if the parents prevent him from walking for fear that he may fall. In a similar way God does not remove the consequences of our evil deeds once we have repented, rather these evil deeds are placed on our part for only in experiencing them will we learn never to make the same mistakes. How will you know that bitter leaf is really bitter except by tasting it.

All human beings have been on earth in several incarnations. Even a new born child is simply an old soul in a new body. The laws of God do not take into account only this present existence but the entire existence both on this earth (many reincarnations) and other invincible planes where souls go when the depart this earth life. If the human spirit has been in existence for billions of years, is it not illogical to expect all the actions and reactions of the entire existence to be fulfilled in a short earth life of about 80 years on the average. Many genuinely good people today were once very evil and some evil people today were once good. This in part may explain why bad things happen to some good people while good things happen to some evil people.

It is also wrong to declare that a man is suffering because of his sins. To say such require a knowledge of the entire existence of the person and since most human beings are incapable of such a knowledge, there pronouncement on these matters are wrong. Indeed, a person may suffer because of his sins but he may also suffer not because of his sins. At the moment I will not expand on this as a lot of pre-explanations are required before I expand on it.

As long as we are on earth, painful experiences will still strike us. Even an awakened spirit is not immune from earthly suffering. An awakened spirit accepts with equanimity what he is experiencing. Thus whether healthy or ill, rich or poor, he bears peace within himself because he understands the basis of his experiences. God loves us and in the end suffering and painful experiences will depart from us provided we persevere in living in the sense of the laws of God and not weaken too soon because we are suffering. Our bodies are simply dresses, we should use it but never get attached to it. We are spirit beings and a spirit is not subject to disease or illness or suffering. A time will also come when our spirits are purified and God will then allow his power to descend not only to invigorate our spirits but also our bodies such that diseases and illness will cease to exist. But before then, man must be compelled to learn the laws of God and live accordingly. At the present time we sin against all the laws of God, by abusing our material and soul bodies.

God is and his Love is whether in times of blessing or sadness. A man suffering from a disease of the body or soul may not see the love of God at the moment of intense pain but if he is of a humble heart he will someday see the omnipotence that surrounds and guides him even during his darkest nights. I wish you  strength and may the power of God be with you. Amen. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Flashaldrin(m): 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2012
Thank you sir for taking the time to explain but their are some points I'm finding hard to agree with
1. I dont believe in re-incarnation because it was never mentioned in the bible, and the bible said its appointed unto men once to die, And how could abraham have been in heaven to recieve lazarus in his bosom if he was busy re-incarnating. Jesus says he goes to build a mansion for us so that were he is we would be also, so why build a mansion if you would send the people back to earth??
2. Even if there was re-incarnation, is it fair to make somebody suffer for something he cant even remember doing, how is he supposed to learn from that, how can a small boy of 5yrs old understand that he is being raped because of something he did in a life before, what kind of God will do that?? How will you know what you did and what to avoid doing so as not to be raped again?
3. Even if all the above was correct, i still refuse to believe that God who confesses to loving human beings so much will then directly bring unimaginable and terrifying evil upon the people he loves so much. now you do realize i'm not talking about bad people on earth, am talking of the good ones, the religious ones, the ones who have been pious and faithful from birth, who has worshipped and defended their God in the face of untold hardships, yet this God would then condemn them to suffer. Even if they did something in their past life, where is the forgiving spirit that christianity preaches so much about, if the God of christianity himself cannot forgive his faithful ones!
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Thank you sir for taking the time to explain but their are some points I'm finding hard to agree with
1. I dont believe in re-incarnation because it was never mentioned in the bible, and the bible said its appointed unto men once to die,  And how could abraham have been in heaven to recieve lazarus in his bosom if he was busy re-incarnating. Jesus says he goes to build a mansion for us so that were he is we would be also, so why build a mansion if you would send the people back to earth??
2. Even if there was re-incarnation, is it fair to make somebody suffer for something he cant even remember doing, how is he supposed to learn from that, how can a small boy of 5yrs old understand that he is being violated because of something he did in a life before, what kind of God will do that?? How will you know what you did and what to avoid doing so as not to be violated again?
3. Even if all the above was correct, i still refuse to believe that God who confesses to loving human beings so much will then directly bring unimaginable and terrifying evil upon the people he loves so much. now you do realize i'm not talking about bad people on earth, am talking of the good ones, the religious ones, the ones who have been pious and faithful from birth, who has worshipped and defended their God in the face of untold hardships, yet this God would then condemn them to suffer. Even if they did something in their past life, where is the forgiving spirit that christianity preaches so much about, if the God of christianity himself cannot forgive his faithful ones!
you are the typical stiff necked Israelite. but you are also emotional and irrational. so if i kill a whole bunch of kids and then turn my life around and become the nicest and sweetest person ever, i should not be punished for what i did earlier ? scripture says GALATIANS 6 VS 7. Make no mistake about this: You can never make a fool out of God. Whatever you plant is what you'll harvest.

you know what your problem is ? you want a feel good message. but there is none to be had. you reap what you sow. finito.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by mnwankwo(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2012
Flashaldrin:

1. I dont believe in re-incarnation because it was never mentioned in the bible, and the bible said its appointed unto men once to die,  And how could abraham have been in heaven to recieve lazarus in his bosom if he was busy re-incarnating. Jesus says he goes to build a mansion for us so that were he is we would be also, so why build a mansion if you would send the people back to earth??
2. Even if there was re-incarnation, is it fair to make somebody suffer for something he cant even remember doing, how is he supposed to learn from that, how can a small boy of 5yrs old understand that he is being violated because of something he did in a life before, what kind of God will do that?? How will you know what you did and what to avoid doing so as not to be violated again?

Hi again Flashaldrin. Thank you for your well reasoned comments. I briefly address them as follows:
1. It is ok if you do not believe in re-incarnation and it is not my intention to persuade you otherwise.

2. Your brain cannot remember but your spirit remembers. Threads of fate from past lives are reflected in what we call personality traits. I clearly stated that we may suffer because of our deeds but we may also suffer because of the misdeeds of others. By accepting to incarnate on earth where good and evil dwell side by side, we have accepted that we can become victims of the misapplication of free will by other human beings. To protect us from such, God equipped us with intuition which is capable of seeing events and circumstances hours, years or even decades before they physically manifest. In that way, we can be spared many a suffering because by being spiritually alert, such evil volition of fellow human beings can be prevented even before it become a physical deed. The five year old child you mentioned may indeed be innocent but because some adults whose duty it is to protect the child were not alert to their spiritual responsibilities. If adults are spiritually alert, especially mothers no harm can come close to the vicinity of an innocent child. Just for the sake of creating a picture, imagine that the evil pedophile in 200 years time get reincarnated as child somewhere in Indonesia and the child he molested when he was a Nigerian was now the head of an elite police force that tracks and arrests child traffickers. In one of there mission, he lead an operation that rescued his molester from the arms of child traffickers. Imagine that the bandage covering the eyes of these two fellows are opened so that they can go back to Nigeria 200 years and back to the present in Indonesia. Do you think that the once pedophile will ever contemplate of such an evil deed in the future especially when he witnessed that the same man he molested 200 years ago is the same that now saved him from molesters.  The concept of God that repays humans with blessings for every evil they do is wrong. Such a concept may be comforting but it is not the reality. I have said that God does not punish anyone but have created laws that nurtures the seeds we sow and return its fruits to the originators with mathematical exactitude. If you sow corn, you reap corn and God will not suddenly change corn into yam just because you went to the market and saw that yam is selling like hot cake. As men steer their ship of life, so will it glide through the waters of life.

3. The fact that all of us are witnessing that terrible things happen even to those that love God should be enough evidence that the way of God is not exactly as we humans have made it to be. If you read my previous posts I clearly stated that God doesn't bring evil on any one. The essential point I am trying to make is that we experience the fruits of the seeds we sow. It is not God that sowed the seeds but us and our fellow human beings. Why will God be responsible for the fruits of the seeds that we sowed.

4. Many of us judge by appearances and thus err. If the veil covering our spiritual eyes are opened,  you will be shocked to see that many a man considered good is rotten inside while brilliant purity emanates from the heart of many considered as unbelievers or evil people. Stay blessed.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
Firstly, No one is "good". Some people tend to have very colorful pasts. Even though possibly saved and redeemed by the blood, God in his wisdom may let some things happen for their (oft unseen) benefit.

Secondly, situations tend to draw people closer to God. It could be a push in the (oft unknown at the time) right direction.

Thirdly, no-one but God knows. Just be thankful to God in all situations and keep praying.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by divinereal: 5:15am On Jan 18, 2012
Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by manmustwac(m): 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
@post
just want to know if your satisfied with the answers you got from your fellow christians and other religious people?
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Proessay(m): 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2012
God cant do anytin wen dnt invite him2ru prayr.D vil does dese thins2put fear in d hrt of people,2mak dem bliv dere no GOD.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by UyiIredia(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
Bookmarked ! I would especially like to address MzDarkSkin's points. Later though.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by NoProphecy: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
2buff: Firstly, No one is "good". Some people tend to have very colorful pasts. Even though possibly saved and redeemed by the blood, God in his wisdom may let some things happen for their (oft unseen) benefit.

Secondly, situations tend to draw people closer to God. It could be a push in the (oft unknown at the time) right direction.

Thirdly, no-one but God knows. Just be thankful to God in all situations and keep praying.

This god could be incompetent, absent, &/or evil and the suffering of "good" people will make perfect sense. What good will it do to pray to a god who is so embarrassingly incompetent that he could not help you even if he wanted to? What good will it do to pray to a god who has been off on holiday for the last million years? What good will it do to keep praying to an evil god who enjoys the suffering of humans?
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by sprayer(m): 1:40am On Mar 30, 2013
Funny I came across this thread while going through some posts on Nairaland.

I said funny because sometime ago, I posted a similar topic at www.nairaland.com/1232971/why-god-not-solved-problems

The matter is actually a very serious issue that requires critical study as it concerns all humanity and our Supreme Creator with regards to His claims of 'true love' () for us.

For the benefit of everyone, I decided to repost it below:

"Why Has God Not Solved My
Problems, If Indeed He Is Able?"

I am sure you must have asked yourself
or your Pastor this simple but very vital
question time and again with probably, no
meaningful answers gotten.

WHY ME?
There are even more burning questions
you have asked:
'Why does God feel so unconcerned
about my troubles?'
'Why do I pray and I don't get answers?'
'Why does God 'fail' me when I need Him
the most?'
'Why is there so much wickedness in the
world, is there really God?'
'Why do I as a Believer fail in life while
the ungodly and wicked people prosper
and achieve so much, am I missing
something?'

'Why... why... why............ '

If only you could give ten (10) minutes of
your time reading this special message,
we would both quickly 'see' and
understand why God seems 'incapable' of
helping us, as we so often erroneously
believe.

Before now, you may have been taught,
heard or read about God from various
articles, impressions that have created a
not-too-correct mental perspective of
whom God is perceived to be.
So we will start by asking ourselves, 'Who
is GOD?"

WHO IS GOD?
Firstly, I would want you to understand
that the definition of who God is, is simply
an individualistic issue.
Who you know God to be is likely to be
different from who/what I know Him to
be.
To one person, He is a God with gentle
whispering (1 Kings 19:11-13) and to
another a God who roars with a
thunderous voice (Exodus 19:16-20). To
one, He is a righteous Protector (Psalm
7:10-11), to another a partial Judge (Job
21:4-22).

Secondly, it is common knowledge that
there are many attributes and names of
God Almighty, who is known to be the
creator of the Universe and the only True
GOD whom we must all worship, obey
and acknowledge in everything we do.
One of the most vital attributes of God is
that once He promises a thing, His word
never goes unfulfilled.

Once He promises to do a thing, he will
SURELY bring His word to pass.
Surprisingly however, we find that
sometimes, His promises in our lives
don't come to fulfillment because
somehow, we have failed to keep our part
of the bi-lateral bargain by being
disobedient to His command.
As an example, God told the LEVITES in
Biblical times that they will constitute His
specially chosen Priesthood forever but
He later told Eli the High Priest, a Levite,
that that promise no longer holds
because they (the Levites, through the
family of Eli the High Priest) broke their
part of the covenant by dishonoring God.
( Please read 1 Samuel 2:27-36).

When God promises you a thing, you
always automatically have your own part
to play, namely: honor and obey Him!

Thirdly, every man or woman that the
Lord God has created, was created with
pleasant goodness, blessings and good
fortune all built-in into that person's life
trip.
God destined everyone for a purpose and
your happiness in life is built into your
divine purpose and your willingness to
obey God at fulfilling that purpose.

"For I know the plans I have for you,”
says the Lord. “They are plans for good
and not for disaster, to give you a future
and a hope."(Jeremiah 29:11).
Anyone who fails to fulfill his/her divine
purpose (which also known as, 'doing
God's will') can expect to have varying
degrees of failure in life because such a
person is out of God's plan and
provisions.

THE GREAT QUESTION
So now, I am sure you are already asking,
"...if God truly has pleasant and lofty
plans for me, then why has these array of
disasters, failures and disappointments
befallen me?"

THE ANSWERS
There are actually more than a million
answers to the great question asked
above but we shall look at the three (3)
most important answers given below:

Answer 1
God does not honor us if we fail to Honor
Him.
Honoring God means several things. We
must acknowledge God as the 'OWNER' of
our lives and worship Him with our very
essence (everything that we are or hope
to be, everything that we have or hope to
have).
We are like clay-works in the hands of
God the Master Potter, we have no right
to criticize Him or question His authority.
He can bend us in any direction He so
wishes (Romans 9: 20-24).

If we truly obey Him and glorify Him in
our current situation, then He is sure to
uplift and glorify us too. Failure to honor
Him automatically brings shame, disasters
and turbulence our way in life.

Answer 2
We must accept that God is aware of our
current situation and that it is only a trial
phase that shall soon be over.
The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:11,
"But remember that the temptations that
come into your life are no different from
what others experience. And God is
faithful. He will keep the temptation from
becoming so strong that you can't stand
up against it. When you are tempted, he
will show you a way out so that you will
not give in to it."

The Bible gives a vivid account of WHY WE
ARE TEMPTED in the book of Job (Read
Job chapters 1-3). Sometimes, God
Himself purposely sets a trial of faith for
us to see how much trust we have in
Him. At such trying times, we MUST still
acknowledge His faithfulness and continue
to trust, worship, praise and obey Him,
else, we fail the test.
In Job's trial (Job 1:1-22), God permitted
Satan to test him severally, but in all the
tests, Job stood his ground of faithfulness
and God blessed him more in the end
than he was blessed before the series of
tests.

Testing from God is akin to taking a class
examination. When we pass, we are
automatically promoted to a higher level
and we become better than we were
initially.

Answer 3
We need to trust in God's love and plan
for our lives by having faith in both Him
and in His beloved Son Jesus Christ.
When we exercise our trust in Him
through our faith (simply put, trust=faith),
we are simply assuring inner self that we
are already connected to the divine
source of all good things that we desire
and hence, the download of endless
benefits is just about to begin. To
exercise true faith is to exercise true love
for God Himself is Love.

When we love our neighbors sincerely,
then we are already strongly connected to
the download link and nothing can stop
us at getting whatsoever we want from
our loving Father in Heaven while we also
get favors from men!

Mark 11:22-25 says...
22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have
faith in God. 23 I assure you that you can
say to this mountain, 'May God lift you up
and throw you into the sea,’ and your
command will be obeyed. All that's
required is that you really believe and do
not doubt in your heart. 24 Listen to me!
You can pray for anything, and if you
believe, you will have it. 25 But when you
are praying, first forgive anyone you are
holding a grudge against, so that your
Father in Heaven will forgive your sins,
too.”

Even if your faith is little, God is willing to
help you build it up, but you need to first
allow Him into your life and ways.
He is interested in your finance, business,
health, family and relationships but you
must note that He will not intrude unless
you specifically invite Him in by praying to
Him and committing your day-to-day
affairs into His care.

YOUR MASTER KEY
God has a deep and loving interest in you,
beyond your wildest imaginations!
Put your focus on Him concerning all your
life's troubles and you shall be happy
indeed.
Your help will not come from a Prophet,
Pastor, or any Spiritualist but your true
and lasting help comes only from the Lord
Almighty.

Matthew 16:19 has a special assurance
for you:
"And I will give you the keys of the
Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you lock
on earth will be locked in heaven, and
whatever you open on earth will be
opened in heaven.”
Indeed, whatever you ask of you father in
Heaven, such shall you receive.....if only
you will turn your FAITH to Him NOW.

And now,
HE IS HERE TO HELP YOU
Say this short prayer:
'God Almighty, the creator of Heaven and
Earth
Creator of all entities, living and non-
living, seen and unseen
The owner of the breath of life in me
My Protector and Provider
You sent your son Jesus Christ into the
world as an holy sacrifice
For the remission of my sins
So that I might be drawn closer to you
without a blemish
I believe in You my Father
That You are more than sufficient for my
needs
I put my trust and faith in you
And in your everlasting Love
That You alone can save, protect and
provide for me
I therefore look upon You this day
Yes
I put my entire trust in You through my
faith in the name of your beloved son
Jesus Christ
You are greater than all the worries of my
life
Today I stand on your promise to help me
I believe in You to deliver me from all my
troubles and anxieties
And on my part, I shall follow no other
God but You and You alone
I shall neither consider their names in my
heart nor upon my lips
Please strengthen me to fulfill this
promise before You this day and
evermore
I believe my prayers are answered
already
For You are here with me right now
No longer shall I doubt your faithfulness
in my heart
Thank You Lord for I know
My prayers are answered
In Jesus' Mighty name I have prayed
Amen.'

If you have said this prayer with faith and
sincerity in your heart, I congratulate you!
You have just committed all your worries
to your true Father and Creator, the
endless source of all good things.
In a few days from now, you will begin to
witness some positive manifestations of
the power and awesomeness of God
Almighty concerning a miraculous turn-
around of your situation.

However, be warned that God is not a
Magician. He is a God of 'due process'
because He is a just God. What that
means is that don't expect your miracle
(s) overnight.
For certain, be assured it will come and at
God's appointed time for it. Know that
God's time is always the best.
Therefore, rejoice always and praise God
at every slight opportunity you have for
that is the ONLY way to move the hand of
the Lord Almighty to work faster in your
favor.

REMEMBER:
Acknowledge, honor, praise and pray to
Him everyday. Make it a HABIT to do all
these things as part of your daily routine
and you shall always be blessed in all your
endeavors.

Shalom!

SUCCESS PRAYER MINISTRY

Nothing is impossible for God to do
Let us pray with you over those problems
weighing you down.

Submit a prayer request with us
http://success-prayers..com

SUCCESS PRAYER MINISTRY
Mail: successprayers@gmail.com
Hot-line: +234-808-471-0033
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
NoProphecy:

This god could be incompetent, absent, &/or evil and the suffering of "good" people will make perfect sense. What good will it do to pray to a god who is so embarrassingly incompetent that he could not help you even if he wanted to? What good will it do to pray to a god who has been off on holiday for the last million years? What good will it do to keep praying to an evil god who enjoys the suffering of humans?

Have you ever cheated? Ever stole? Ever lied? Purposely killed an animal (likely rushing home to it's family) just for the fun of it? Ever did these things and walk away laughing thinking you had the upper hand and there's not a damn thing the other person/entity can do about it but cry?

Fast forward to 10 years later when you've forgotten about all that when you in turn get lied to, stolen from, etc.
Everyone thinks they are good and saints, because they have forgotten times in their lives where they acted unjustly to others.

God loves you. The rest, is most likely what you bring upon yourself.
Even in this, The Father of the universe takes care to not let EVERYTHING you've done come back to you....otherwise you'll likely be dead.

And sometimes, he allows certain strategic obstacles in your life so you develop the strength needed to fulfill a specific purpose of your life in the future that will give you immense joy come harvest time.

So the only thing you can really do is be grateful at all times...or shut up undecided
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by BERNIMOORE: 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2013
@flashadrin

You are confused!

how?

you are making a wrong case!

how!

see below;

you defended buzugee below;

but see his replies that contradict yours; read his bolded below;

buzugee replies;
but everything i have said, i have backed with bible passages. now the question is, do you believe the bible is real or not ? do you believe God exists ? if the answer to those 2 questions is 'yes', then surely you must agree with what i have said because i have backed it with biblical passages. however if the answer to those 2 questions is 'no'. then i can understand why you think i am making stuff up. it all depends on if you believe in God or not.

buzugee is an atheist like yourself(flashadrin)! is a statement of fact!isn'nt it?
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by seyibrown(f): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
... subscribing
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by BERNIMOORE: 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
@buzugee

bolded below,

AND FOR THOSE WHO DONT BELIEVE THE BIBLE. I WILL MAKE 3 CASE SCENARIOS OF WHAT THE BIBLE PREDICTED AND HAPPENED.

CASE 1. GENESIS 6 VS 3. the lord appointed every man to live 120 years
. of course if you dont get to this age then it is something that you did wrong but you have 120 years potential in you.

you have lied, you have distorted facts, and you have made a misrepresentantion of an intention distorted!

how? see below;
buzugee;
of course if you dont get to this age then it is something that you did wrong but you have 120 years potential in you

that you buzugee tried to change the assertion in Gen 6:3 to suit you distorted views to as to back your concocted statements, but know this;

the word omniscient and omnipotent are not a bible concepts, and can never be found in the bible, and i dont share what the bible does not contain (perceptions) but then God is powerful, and has great knowledge, but we should not fix his 'extents' because he chooses those extents as he wants!

see this below;

God did not destined man to live only for 120 yrs, but you(buzugee) choose 'that particular sentence' out of context of a special situation when God was in an event of 'punishing humans because of disobedience'

lets read Gen 6 1-3

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
note that Gods original purpose was NOT for 'his sons' angels to have an intimate affair with humans, because they are part of the heavenly hosts and are meant to remainn in their originanal form as 'ministers in flames of fire' hebrews 1:5-7

it was only after mans disobedience that verse 3 below was pronounced 'not as an original purpose for man, but as an ALTERNATIVE,AND AS A PUNISHMENT, read pls;

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

At the beginning of human history, God revealed that man was made,[size=16pt](A1) not to live a few years and then die, but to live forever. God put the first human couple in an earthly paradise. And they were instructed to be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it. God’s purpose was to have, in the course of time, the entire earth inhabited by a righteous human family living together in peace and happiness. – Isaiah 45:18.[/size]
)Although a death sentence was imposed on Adam because of his disobedience,[size=14pt] (A2) God’s original purpose for humans to live forever in Paradise on earth did not change. God showed that his purpose had not changed regarding the earth when he said: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.” – Psalms 37:29[/size].

dispute this and we fire on!
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by BERNIMOORE: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
[size=14pt](A3)As our Creator, God is in a position to correct the defect that causes humans to grow old and die.[/size]

but not like the way a tiny brain like buzugee a co atheists thinks, but this way:

[size=14pt](A4)Since that defect was inherited from the first man, Adam, God has provided as a ransom sacrifice the perfect human life of his Son, Jesus Christ, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. – John 3:16.[/size]

[size=14pt](A5)Jesus Christ thus replaces the original Adam as our father, or life-giver. That is why in the Bible Jesus is called the last Adam. So instead of being condemned to die as children of the sinner Adam, obedient humans may be reckoned worthy to receive everlasting life as children of their “Eternal Father” Jesus Christ. [/size]
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by BERNIMOORE: 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
you can pls reply to any of A1-A5 above!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Naked Truth About Lazarus Mouka (the Lord’s Choosen) / Muslim Caller Hears The Gospel And Becomes A Christian / The Religion Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.