Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? (8523 Views)

Download Yoruba Movie: Ohun Ti Mofe / NMVA 2013: Flavour Rules With Four Awards | Full Winners List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by LarrySun(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
Saworo'Ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku and Agogo Eewo.
These are some of the early Yoruba movies. Which among these would you rate as first among equal?
Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by olashas(f): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
Saworo'ide of course[b] wink[/b]
Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by Knight1(m): 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2012
I think Saworo'ide.
the movie has it's own soundtracks, had folk songs, generally depicted an age/era where nigeria was several years before the movie was produced. Even the storyline- people's power/covenant with their government is arguably the best i've seen in the world when it comes to the people and government.
THere has been no movie like that movie
Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by vescucci(m): 10:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
All very good films except for Ti Oluwa N'Ile which I remember nothing about except something like a woman trapped in a jungle with wild animals. I had to sleep in my parents' room that night. I'll choose Saworo'ide as it was in my time so to speak. Oleku had the most profound Yoruba poetry ever.

1 Like

Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by Kunlexic(m): 12:48am On Sep 02, 2014
All dis films are lod films but I will go for Saworide because I can remember the story
Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by sholay2011(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
I know most people will choose either Saworoide or Oleku but for me, it's 'Thunderbolt: Magun'.

I think it's a better movie as a whole compared to the others. ..and a pitiable character was the heart of the story.

Also, I love the major message of the movie : " Irrespective of your race, colour, sex, background etc, whether you're Yoruba or Ibo or Itsekiri sef, there are only two types of people : the good and the bad".

#My opinion#

1 Like

Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by olaolu39(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
1.Oleku 1. Saworo ide 3. Thunderbolt
Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by wildchild1: 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
Most people are choosing Saworoide because its the most recent when compared to the rest.For me,its either Oleku or Ti Oluwa nile

1 Like

Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by maingwaest(f): 6:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
Thunderbolt no doubt,first time I heard the word “ODEKU"

1 Like

Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by sholay2011(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
maingwaest: Thunderbolt no doubt,first time I heard the word “ODEKU"
Lol...yeah.

I can still remember that funny dialogue:

Bukky Ajayi: So?

Uche Obi Osotule: So, no 'oleyo' night...

Bukky Ajayi: What! After my Odeku! grin

1 Like

Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by mitshell: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Any link to download saworo ide?
Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by electrokristron(m): 1:32am On Nov 21, 2014
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

This is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by Johnfavour(m): 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
Saworo ide father of them all. I have watched all but i cant remember their story line except saworo ide.
Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by FrostyButter: 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
Thunderbolt, then Saworede for me. Classics[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Saworo'ide, Ti Oluwa N'ile, Thunderbolt, O'leku And Agogo Eewo. Which One Rules? by 9jaB: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
Please, someone should share me the link or where I can find and download the (sad flute tone) used in Saworoide. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Website For Downloading Season Movie / BBTitans: Khosi, Yemi, Yaya, Kanaga Jnr, Others Up For Possible Eviction / 'Who Be Mumu' Tv Series By 2face & Sound-Sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.