Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Are Contemporary Leaders Inferior To Our Fore-fathers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Contemporary Leaders Inferior To Our Fore-fathers? (480 Views)

Northern Royal Fathers Meet With Igbo Royal Fathers In Owerri / Why Yorubas Are Inferior Muslims According To My Northern Friend / Are Imolites Truly Slaves And Inferior To These People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Contemporary Leaders Inferior To Our Fore-fathers? by odumchi: 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
I've noticed that the average intelligence level (or atleast the projected intelligence) of today's leaders is significantly less than that of our leaders of long ago. What I mean by this is that it is hard to find a well-spoken political figure (or atleast the bad ones outnumber the good) in today's Nigeria as opposed to the Nigeria of the 60s.

For example, late president Alhaji Yar'Adua could not speak English. He spoke Hausa/Fulfude mixed with the little English he knew. Former president, Gen. IBB also does not speak English in the manner worthy of a president. Now compare these leaders of today to Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa or Ojukwu and you'll notice a difference. I'm wondering if this is a result of our "indigenous" educational system,

Here is an example of leadership worthy Intelligence:
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHdSZMGGnCc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Labour Officially Suspend Strike / Federal Government Has Directed The Payment Of Civil Servant Salaries Every 20th / How Was Your First Day Back At Work After The Subsidy Strikes? Please Share.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.