Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,161 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

President To Address The Nation @7:00am - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President To Address The Nation @7:00am (8661 Views)

President Buhari To Address The UN General Assembly Shortly / Buhari To Address The Nation - Vanguard / President Jonathan To Address The Nation, Nigeria, 7:00 am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by Hibkay: 7:14am On Jan 16, 2012
Nairalanders una too much just listened to Mr President speech on Ait, It is exactly d same as wat Mukina posted.So wat is d way forward now?
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by Kobojunkie: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2012
hollandis:

Its not even live useless president

I think we all know the speech was recorded last night.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by agbalaya: 7:16am On Jan 16, 2012
jmaine:

Your clock is obviously faulty . . . Jona don chance peeps for telly finish . . .
Let me give it a tap then. grin
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by mastro: 7:17am On Jan 16, 2012
obviously his handlers don't trust him to give a live speech
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by nchez: 7:26am On Jan 16, 2012
It is really interesting that a supposedly educated person with PHD would speak to the nation on what appears to be a recorded message in a manner that is equal to reprimand. In a democracy, you cannot impose on the people and expect them to be quiet. Nigerians are no fools and we have been quiet enough. If Nigeria belongs to us all like gej said, then we should all benefit from the nation's wealth and not just a select few cabals. What a shame getting fat on the backs of the masses.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by folahann(m): 7:28am On Jan 16, 2012
I get it. They intentionally first put the price at N141, knowing that they latter come down to N97. If the price was put at 97 initially, people would have contested it.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by Kobojunkie: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2012
nchez:

It is really interesting that a supposedly educated person with PHD would speak to the nation on what appears to be a recorded message in a manner that is equal to reprimand. In a democracy, you cannot impose on the people and expect them to be quiet.  Nigerians are no fools and we have been quiet enough.  If Nigeria belongs to us all like gej said, then we should all benefit from the nation's wealth and not just a select few cabals.  What a shame getting fat on the backs of the masses.

That was nothing else but a serious SCOLDING from the president . . . . in fact, more like a warning that they had no right to protest as they wanted. If the people take this one with no peep after this, I will probably have to give Nigeria another 20 years for an actual awakening.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by biolabee(m): 7:32am On Jan 16, 2012
ebenezer babatope talking on AIT

spineless guy
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by nchez: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2012
You are right Kobo, it is scolding. I was just at a loss for word for the way this govt is carrying on.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by millionbuc(m): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2012
Petrol Pump price now N97;

Says Goodluck,

[img]http://www./storage/Goodluck%20Jonathan%20speech.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1317466358681[/img]

Get details here:

http://5slate..com/2012/01/president-goodluck-jonathan-announces.html#axzz1jSqGs1Ow
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by birdman(m): 7:44am On Jan 16, 2012
nchez:

You are right Kobo, it is scolding. I was just at a loss for word for the way this govt is carrying on.  

He may have succesfully compromised a couple of governors and even the NLC. I suspected this, given how the SNG has been explicitly distancing itself from the NLC in the last few days
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by Kobojunkie: 7:51am On Jan 16, 2012
SNG was trying to use this opportunity to fight corruption and other things while Labor was more focused on getting the subsidy package back. Honestly, Are we united in this? We are yet to see . The people's next reaction will show this.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2012
sounds like his nerve was bolstered by his thugs in waiting
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by millionbuc(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2012
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by jidewin(m): 8:29am On Jan 16, 2012
And on top of that,NLC now have ordered SIT AT HOME PROTEST.as at 12.05 am hundreds of armed policemen had taken over ojota in lagos.
Well,the protests shook jonas govt,and I THINK we can still move ahead with N97/Ltr.just my opinion.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by ignis: 8:33am On Jan 16, 2012
God bleess GEJ for the breath of fresh air in nigeria.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 16, 2012
mastro:

obviously his handlers don't trust him to give a live speech

He's obviously not well endowed in that regard.
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by DrKnow1(m): 8:44am On Jan 16, 2012
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 16, 2012
if Labour accept #97 that will be a bullshit, why are we then protesting and what about the death of some Protesters. this country don tire me, i dey go NORWAY angry
Re: President To Address The Nation @7:00am by Suntemi(m): 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
liaslo++:

if Labour accept #97 that will be a bullshit, why are we then protesting and what about the death of some Protesters. this country don tire me, i dey go NORWAY angry

I feel ur pain bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uduaghan Had Health Challenges / Nasarawa Impeachment: Lawmakers Directs Chief Judge To Set Up panel / Abia Gets New Commissioner Of Police To Replace Anthony Ogbizi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.