Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,350 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

How To Make Mooncake! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Mooncake! (1601 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Mooncake! by litter(f): 2:52am On Jan 17, 2012
1. Prepare stuffing: Traditional ingredients of Cantonese-style mooncake include five kinds of kernel -

pine cone, sesame, walnut meat, melon seed and almond. Alternatively, red beans are a good option.

2. Prepare dough: mix flour with pure peanut oil and sugar, leave it for at least six hours.

3. Cut the prepared dough into small pieces and then wrap the stuffing. The weight proportion between crust and stuffing is 1 part pastry and 4 parts stuffing.

4. Put mooncake in a wooden-mold with a carved pattern inside. Shake the mold slightly several times.

5. Pre-heat oven. After baking the mooncake for five minutes at the temperature of 150 C, take it out to brush it with egg yolk and then bake for another 20 minutes.

6. Generally a mooncake keeps its good favor in two months and some moon cakes keep for a year.

Note:Tasting in a few days after the cake done
Re: How To Make Mooncake! by MissyB3(f): 9:42am On Jan 17, 2012
This?

Thanks for the knowledge shared. smiley
Re: How To Make Mooncake! by litter(f): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2012
yes,it's only the one of mooncake,the taste is different,the picture show the red bean's,it's my favorite
Re: How To Make Mooncake! by iice(f): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2012
I've eaten the one with red beans. I liked it.

[s]Not that pastry can pass me without me tasting it[/s] embarassed

(1) (Reply)

A Thread To Upload Pictures Of Christmas Day Food Cooked / Tomato Omelette Recipe With Cheese And Spinach / How To Make Cinnamon Rolls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.