Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Which Is True Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is True Church (803 Views)

True Church Perspective On Tithing By Pastor G. Craig Lewis ( Audio) / Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? / Which Is The True Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is True Church by donaob(m): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2007
which is the true church ordained in the bible?
Re: Which Is True Church by pilgrim1(f): 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2007
The 'true' Church is simply the Body of Christ comprising every believer who has received Christ as Lord and Saviour (of course, without the additions of the 'extras' of men and their traditions). You feel me? grin
Re: Which Is True Church by dreamnaira(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2007
The church of christ is a body of saints, and it must be it teaching and practice to uphold the commandment of God. Lets consider these important chapters that defined the church:

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandment of God {the ten commandment}, and the faith {testimony} of Jesus. Rev 14:12,

It is doubtless that the saint are those who are keeping the commandment of God and have the faith of testimony of Jesus. The testimony of Jesus according to Rev 19:10, is the 'spirit of prophecy.' And the spirit of prophecy is the heavenly endowment to design or understand spiritual things. The ability to understand and interprete word of God is the spirit of prophecy.

"to the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20, Any denomination that tell you that ' it doesn't matter whether you keep law of God or not' is not God's church. The true church must teach and practice the law of God and have the spirit of prophecy.

Testimony: "And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed. which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: ans he saith, I cannot: for it is sealed. And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear towards me is taught by the precept of men." Isaiah 29:10-13.

If you found yourself in that chuirch that will tell you that the book  of Daniel and Revelation cannot be understood and is not important, the call is ''come out of her my people' {Rev 18:4}. These two books are prophetic books as regard this our time. The introduction of the book of Revelation stated that it is "revelation of Jesus christ which God gave unto Him {christ} to show unto his servants {His church} things which must shortly come to pass, '' Rev 1:1. And there are blessing to those that Read and do what is there in the book. Rev 1:3.
So be careful of that church that will tell you it is not  for us to understand what is in those books is false church.

One sheep, one shepherd, one faith, one baptism and one spirit.
God is not author of division.
Re: Which Is True Church by jagunlabi(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2007
The church of christ is inside of you,fella.You carry it about with you every single day of your life on earth.
Re: Which Is True Church by oyinyechi(f): 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2007
Me and you is the Church of God.
If and only if we are spotless(without sin).

(1) (Reply)

Halloween The Evil One’s Sabbats / ( Documentary Video ) Inside A Shariah Court In Nigeria / for church growth get this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.