Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" (766 Views)

Doyin Okupe Tweets About Political Self-Service That Goes On Twitter & Facebook / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS] / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by werepeLeri: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2012
I think it is high time people begin to learn that making noise on the internet doesnt achieve any result. Even as we speak, a lot still spend their time shouting on these places when in actual fact nothing will come out of the loud noise. So, what to do? Send these activists to Egypt, Tunisia, Libya to learn one single question - why do we keep failing in the struggle!
Re: Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by blacksta(m): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2012
Wtf

Is the sole aim of social online tools meant for protests.

Re: Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by werepeLeri: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2012
Somebody save me! Whats the relevance of the above statement to the topic?

Ooops - NairaLand is social online tool, oh - even saharaReporters - I forgot.

But, where is it stated in my opening post what you are insinuating?
Re: Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by blacksta(m): 9:12am On Jan 17, 2012
Your topic reads

Despite twitter, Facebook, , I say no more

And I asked you, when the above were created what did the inventors have in mind
Re: Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by werepeLeri: 9:13am On Jan 17, 2012
follow your own mind if thats the way you understand. Thanks for saying no more.
Re: Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by doctokwus: 9:20am On Jan 17, 2012
Poverty& corruption.Av these 2 in any mix& u can neva av a just outcome.Tweet,post or ping all u can,d nigerian populace will subvert their own will sooner than later.What do I mean?When somebody has access to millions or billions & is able to dispense it wt no questions asked or accountability of any sort& u av majority barely existing on d other hand,d former can easily sway d minds& will of d latter wt free gift of some of this cash.
When I hear people say that PDP won't b voted in at d next election,I laff because its a fallacy.What d govt just has to do,as it did successfully in last year's election is to deploy enormous cash resources to buy up d votes of d majority of impoverished people& it will b biz as usual.
D utopic time in nigeria will only come when corruption is reduced to d barest minimum& accountability installed in all facets of our life
Re: Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by werepeLeri: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2012
Corruption you mentioned. Excuse me, where does corruption start from in Nigeria? Eradicating corruption has to start from each and everyone of us. The same people shouting corruption in government are the same people who wines and dines with corrupt government officials and instigates them to inflate government contracts so that they can get money. Or how many civilian contractors are part of the inflated contracts game?
Re: Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by Lucifa2015: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2012
IMF come tell us say make we pay yankee price for oil, but nobody dey protest because we no dey get yankee wages. Una no say Naira na like toilet paper. So all des persin dey protest for price of oil, an dem no protest for price of wages.

Naija people na stupid people ohhh! Swegbelefu dey naija e no be small.
Re: Despite Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland, Saharareporters. Why Did We "fail" by Kx: 9:56am On Jan 17, 2012
The failure was as a result of the fact that the people and civil society allowed nlc/tuc to lead.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Rules Out Negotiation With Government / S/west, S/south Leaders Meet Jonathan, Demand National Conference / Update Of Kebbi Re-run Gubernatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.