Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! - Educational Services (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! (9611 Views)

Register Your Cafe For Jamb Registration / ATTENTION SCHOOL Owners!!!(school Management System) / With This Free Browsing, Its Bye To Cafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by cybersolar(m): 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2012
@amtheone what quantity do u need?
Thin Clients are easy to use, and you do not need a lot of staff to run your cafe
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by cybersolar(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
sorry i meant @omache what qty do u want?
Thin Client reduces Cost of Computing by 60%,Reduces Electricity Cost by 80%,Reduce Software Cost by 60%,Saves Space,& Money.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by hunterden: 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2012
@ amtheone
can u send me the link to, i am also a cafe owner and i need to improve on services am rendering, thanks surfcenta1820@yahoo.com
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
@cybersolar
Please inbox me the cost estimate of 10units SUNDE L series with 15'' LCD monitors ASAP!
Thanks
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by cybersolar(m): 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
neyyo:

@cybersolar
Please inbox me the cost estimate of 10units SUNDE L series with 15'' LCD monitors ASAP!
Thanks
neyyo:

@cybersolar
Thanks

Thanks for the enquirer, @neyyo. pls post your email. my email is pawapoint@yahoo.com

Thin client computers (with 3usb ports), and Three in one model are available.

Turn one computer into more. ideal for CYBER CAFES, HOMES, SCHOOLS, HOTELS  ETC
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by tunde1200(m): 3:11am On Feb 22, 2012
Please can anyone help with info on how to download videos fron "youtube"? Thanks
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by deribigbe(m): 12:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
ADELESCO SOLUTIONS
We are into IT SUPPORT of all kinds
Kindly reach us @ BB Pin: 07057140885,07082998588, No Pinging

We help reproduce your company to another level you did not taught off !
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by bigfat01: 12:42am On Apr 27, 2012
bandwidth manager makes lots of sense how much does this cost ?
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by gabon(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2012
VERY CHEAP and VERY FAST internet service for cyber cafe and office.

Pay as low N8,000 for monthly subscription for up 8 or 10 computers.

Very fast download; as fast as downloading 100MB file in 10minutes without affecting the speed of other user on the same network with you.

Cheap and user friendly modem.

No rain interference or weather disturbance.

For more equiries

call 07035588336 or 08071753363
email: gaboninfotech@yahoo.com
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by murphy02(m): 2:21pm On May 08, 2012
whats the name of the provider nau ?
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by gabon(m): 3:48pm On May 08, 2012
@murphy02, post your mail address and I will send you details
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by damipaul(m): 5:09pm On May 09, 2012
Post it to mine too pls dami_paul@yahoo.com. This is why I love Nairaland, intersting thread.
gabon: @murphy02, post your mail address and I will send you details
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by gabon(m): 7:33pm On May 09, 2012
I have sent you a mail about the service.... check your inbox
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by Gsluv(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
Koolwilly: ^^^You can run hotspot service in your cybercafe, i mean when customers bring laptop to cybercafe for use with both cable and wireless they buy ticket as you don't need to watch the time manually for them.
How do i do this, i mean selling tickets to them without having to time them manually
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by navinaprop: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
EXPOSED-SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL CYBER CAFES.

INTRODUCTION
With the exponential increase in the demand for internet access Nationwide, the need for internet cafes to cater for those who cannot afford personal computers and internet access in their homes and offices cannot be over emphasized.
Most schools, universities, examination bodies and Government institutions are going online. Most school Entrance and examination forms in Nigeria today are filled online. All these have greatly increased the need for Cyber cafes nationwide.
Cyber cafes are spread in every nook and cranny of the country, but not very many of them are being run profitably. The average cyber café owner faces numerous challenges which forces them to run their cyber cafes unprofitable or shut them down. I am going to address these challenges and proffer solutions to them.
The main challenges and their solutions are as follows;
1). Internet Service Provider
By far the most daunting challenge a cyber café owner will face is his internet service provider (ISP). Many ISP’s do not have the experience of how to provision bandwidth for cyber cafes, from our experience; cyber cafes have specific needs in terms of bandwidth.

Bandwidth for cyber cafes should be fast, steady and uncompromised. Also issues that arise should be resolved quickly. Cyber café owners should be provided with means of monitoring their bandwidth and provisioning if possible. Most times ISP’S provide services that are either not available or painfully slow, this eventually leads to lose of customers and money for the café owner.
The most profitable bandwidth provisioning style for a cyber café is the pay as you go solution. Here the ISP provisions his bandwidth in such a way that if the café is not working the café owner pays noting to the provider. So café owners save money during his off peak periods and weekend.
Ensure you go with an Internet Service Provider who is experienced in bandwidth provisioning for cyber cafes, not all ISP know how to do this. The success of your Cyber Café business depends on your Internet Service. Make sure your ISP is dependable and reliable.
Click Here for Details of our FREE Pay As You Go Vsat Internet offer for cyber cafes.http://paygservice..com/

2). Bandwidth Provisioning
One size fits all bandwidth provisioning is an issue with most cafes. You do not expect a car that moves at 100kilometers per hour and a car that moves at 20 kilometers per hour to use the same quantity of fuel for a one hour journey.
The car that moves at 100 kilometers per hour will use up more fuel and should be charged more. Your bandwidth should be provisioned from your server in such a way that heavy users are charged more than non heavy users in the same one hour bracket.
If your internet café management software is not capable of doing this, your café will die a very slow painful death.
Click Here for Details of our FREE Pay As You Go Vsat Internet offer for cyber cafes.

3). Power Supply
With the erratic nature of electricity supply in Nigeria and the high cost of diesel, there is no gain saying it that power supply is a major challenge to any cyber café owner.
Power will constitute the single largest expenditure you will have in the running of your café. A good solution to this problems means your café will immediately become profitable.
Our recommendation is co-location, by this i mean you can co-locate your cyber café in a place where 24 hours electricity is already provided, e.g. fast food chains or petrol stations. Your arrangement with them can be such that you share revenue with them, or you pay a monthly fee that covers both premises and power supply. This arrangement is a win win solution for both parties.

Click Here for Details of our FREE Pay As You Go Vsat Internet offer for cyber cafes.http://paygservice..com/

4. Location
A cyber café should be set up at a location where you will get maximum patronage. Secondary schools, higher institutions and study centers where we have a very high flow of students are always a winner. Students constitute the largest market there is for this business. Also areas where we have a very high flow of human traffic will do.
The main constraint is that this type of location does not come cheap. Even if you manage to get one, taking into consideration the average cost of one hour browsing, you will not find it easy to break even.
The solution to this challenge is also co-location. If you do your survey, you will find out that most fast food joints are strategically located where there is high human traffic flow. You can approach them for co-location deals. You can also approach owners of petrol stations that are strategically located.

5. Computers
Most café owners go for fairly used or computer village assembled computers. Your computers are the major instruments of your business and should be rugged and good. Your customers will put them to utmost test. Fairly used and locally assembled computers soon go bad and you have to contend with constant repairs and waste of money.
You should go for branded new systems with at least 3 years warranty. By so doing, you transfer the issues that may arise to a competent and professional company.

6). Financial Discipline
You must also ensure strict financial discipline at all times. All incomes from the café should be paid directly to the bank and no expenditure made directly from it.
Ensure that your staff comes out with weekly budgets and their expenditures are met from petty cash which is provided by you on a weekly or monthly basis.
This makes for good accounting. Lodging all your sales on a daily basis in the bank also enables you establish a good relationship with the bank and hence be able to borrow money from them when you need it.
7). Diversification
Most café owners think that internet browsing is the only thing there is to running a café. Web browsing is a small part of what you can do in you internet café.
You can sell recharge cards and GSM phones, bulk SMS, register students for different examinations, train people on how to use the internet, sell snacks and drinks, provide secretarial services, provide telephone/fax services, provide hotspot services, website designing and hosting, games etc. You only have to use your imagination.

To Your Success,
Nduka Dagbue
Getachus Nigeria Ltd,
6B Bendel Close off Bishop Aboyade Cole St,
Victoria Island, Lagos
Tel; 2348020575565,2347035008707
E-mail; nduka@getachus.net
Website; www.getachus.com
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by navinaprop: 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
REVEALED-HOW INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS CHEAT CYBER CAFE OWNERS

Introduction
By far the most daunting challenge a cyber café owner will face is his internet service provider (ISP). Most ISP’s do not have the experience of how to provision bandwidth for cyber cafes. Cyber cafes have specific needs in terms of bandwidth.
Most times ISP’S provide services that are either not available or painfully slow, this eventually leads to lose of customers and money for the café owner. In spite of all of these, the café owner still has to pay his monthly bandwidth fee no matter what.
There is also the issue of high cost of bandwidth, at the end of the month, a café owner uses more than 80% of his income to pay for bandwidth, whereby he is unable to earn enough for the month, he has to borrow money from other sources to pay his ISP whether he worked or not. What a way to do business.
Find below three main ways your cyber café internet service provider cheats you and how you can checkmate them;

1). Pooled / Shared Bandwidth
What your service provider does here is to carve out a block of bandwidth i.e. 256kbps and decides how many cyber cafes to put on this bandwidth block say 10. He makes sure that no matter what happens, customers on this bandwidth block never exceed the bandwidth allocated to them.
During peak periods, all hell breaks lose at most ISP’s servers, they have more customers online than they have bandwidth to provide. You are left to best effort principles which are always unfair.
Ultimately, your café has to scramble for whatever is available. When a few people are logged on you will experience fast browsing, but when most people log on at peak periods, the link becomes very slow.

What this means is that your provider pays his ISP for 256kbps dedicated bandwidth and shares it for 10 cyber cafes. While he laughs to the bank at the end of the month, you the cyber café owner has to pay for bandwidth no matter what you managed to get during the month, even if you have to borrow money to make this payment. This is very unfair.

Click Here for more information on our Pay as you go Vsat solution specially configured for cyber cafes. (Pay As You Go Service)http://paygservice..com/

2). Head or Tail you Lose
If for any reason i.e. power failure, Local network issues, low patronage etc you do not work for a major part of the month, this is not the business of the service provider. As if to add insult to injury, he will cut your service off if you do not make your monthly bandwidth payment as and at when due.
Internet speed ultimately depends on your service provider. Your ISP may change their network's configuration, or suffer technical difficulties that inadvertently cause your Internet connection to run slow.

ISP's may also intentionally install filters or controls on the network that can lower your performance. In spite of all of these, you the café owner still has to bear the burden. At the end of the month, you have to pay up on time or your service is cut off. Head or tail you lose.

Click Here for more information on our Pay as you go Vsat solution specially configured for cyber cafes. (Pay As You Go Service)http://paygservice..com/

3). Volume/ Data Based Bandwidth
Here the understanding is that your bandwidth will be limited by your downloads. But unfortunately for the café owner, he has three variable working against him,
i. Most likely he is not provisioning his bandwidth to his customers in the same way. So even though his bandwidth has download limits, he sells tickets to his customers with no limits, at the end of the day, he is at the losing end.
ii. He has download limits placed on his service by his internet provider, so if for any reason he exceed even if it is two days into a new month, his service is cut off.
iii. He is also limited by time. So even if at the end of one month he does not exhaust his data allocation, he losses it.
So head or tail the cyber café owner loses.
Solution to above Issues
The most profitable bandwidth provisioning style for a cyber café is the pay as you go solution (PAYG). Here the ISP provisions his bandwidth in such a way that when the café is not working the café owner pays noting to the provider.

So café owners save money when he has low patronage, issues with his network, when the ISP has issues, during off peak periods etc, he is not obligated to pay for service he did not use.
Benefits of PAYG solution

No need for monthly Bandwidth Payments.
High Speed connection- Each computer on your network is allocated high bandwidth.
No limits to the number of computers you can put on your LAN.
Flexible Payments- You only pay when you are using the service.

Ensure you go with an Internet Service Provider who is experienced in bandwidth provisioning for cyber cafes, not all ISP know how to do this. The success of your Cyber Café business depends on your Internet Service.
Click Here for more information on our Pay as you go Vsat solution specially configured for cyber cafes. (Pay As You Go Service)
To your Success!

Nduka Dagbue
Getachus Nigeria Limited
6B Bendel close, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Tel; 08020575565, 07035008707
www.getachus.com , email- nduka@getachus.net
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by filnaija: 9:01am On Dec 22, 2012
Hi! I just want to inquire, which Internet Provider Company is the best to cater a Cyber Cafe in Enugu? Me and my husband is in abroad and we want to start up an Internet Cafe and Gaming Station Business in Enugu. We would like to seek some advise and opinion about the idea of the business. We are planning to buy the PC's,printers,xbox,play station and TV here in abroad. But we still need inquire for a rental of shop, internet provider and furnitures. We would like to start up for 6 PC's and 4 TV's. How much do u think we need to budget? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by navinaprop: 9:44am On Dec 24, 2012
Hi Filnaija.....if you send me your email, i will send you a free e-report/feasibility report on cyber cafe setup and successful management. My email is nduka@getachus.net
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by wirenaira(m): 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
My advise to we cafe operator, learn how to repair PC, this will surely increase your profit. To learn desktop, it will take you a week, I learn it in a day. Go ahead and learn how to repair computer, This will safe you from PC engineer cheating you.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by kisibo: 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2012
Pls make una help me oo...why is my secuGen finger print scanner not working on jamb website..pls.help me cos na same i use last year and to use it this year for registration com be problem oo abeg help !!!!!!!!
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by Dipsondolp(m): 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
Closed!
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lakefist(m): 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
I WANT TO INSTALL A BILLING SOFTWARE IN A WIRELLESS CYBER CAFE WITHOUT INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE ON THE CUSTOMERS LAPTOP. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A WIRELESS BILLING SOFTWARE FOR ME TO USE..THANKS
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by gabon(m): 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
lakefist contact me for wireless hotspot billing software. 07035588336, 08071753363

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

M.sc In Tution Free Universities In Germany-(work,study & Scholarship) / WAEC 2015: English Language Essay, Obj & Oral Questions And Answers / Warning!!! Any Attempt To Scam Nairalanders, You Will Be Banned Instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.