Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? (4659 Views)

#bringbackourgirls Failing As Second Anniversary Approaches- PUNCH / Tambuwal Weds Mairo-Mustapha As Second Wife In Kano / James Ibori Marries Senami Sosu As Second Wife? - The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Nchara: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2012
hercules07:

@Nchara

I counter your arguments, you resort to insults, I do not want Igbos to leave as the ones off Nairaland are better human beings than their representatives here, we will go through the problems together and we will come out more united to the chagrin of these online guys that are praying for a break up.

What did you counter? What is the basis of your so-called counter? That you said so means what? You joking, right?
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by bashr8: 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2012
i thought it is the other way round, igbos treating other nigerians as second class citizens

meanwhile who come be the firstclass citizens? is it the poverty stricken northerners, the yorubas that thier life and influence starts and ends in southwest or the niger deltans that have ben complaining of igbo domination till the same igbos voted an ijaw as president? i think some of you people have real inferiority complex . what does your ethnic group have or have achieved that you want to compare with igbos achievement, let not even talk about nolly wood.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by stayreal: 11:42pm On Jan 28, 2012
bashr8:

i thought it is the other way round, igbos treating other nigerians as second class citizens

meanwhile who come be the firstclass citizens? is it the poverty stricken northerners, the yorubas that thier life and influence starts and ends in southwest or the niger deltans that have ben complaining of igbo domination till the same igbos voted an ijaw as president? i think some of you people have real inferiority complex . what does your ethnic group have or have achieved that you want to compare with igbos achievement, let not even talk about nolly wood.

Exactly, we need to know who the first class citizens are. I hope someone can provide the answer. cheesy
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by bashr8: 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2012
before you compare yourself with igbos better come up with what your ethnic group have achieved more than them. and i mean your ethnic group , i dont want to hear notions like nigerdeltans, middle beltans or northerners, state your ethnic group and tell us what u have achieved in terms of education ,wealth ,technology, industries ,human resourcers etc more than igbo that put you ahead of them then maybe we can begin to take this thread seriously. also tell us how many viiable cities you have that you can compare with that of igbos cities like  onitsha , enugu, oweri,portharcourt, aba and  asaba
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by bashr8: 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
stayreal:

Exactly, we need to know who the first class citizens are. I hope someone can provide the answer. cheesy

i tire for them oo ,am really waiting to know who the first class citizens are and how they came about it, most of these people dont live in nigeria or live only in lagos so i wont mock their ignorance yet.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by aljharem(m): 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
bashr8:

i tire for them oo ,am really waiting to know who the first class citizens are and how they came about it, most of these people dont live in nigeria or live only in lagos so i wont mock their ignorance yet.

don't mind them, we have drunk people on NL everyday. A first class citizen that cannot even have a second class health care service, education or even electricity for 3 days says a lot about Nigeria.

Brothers please just ignore this thread
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by sweetgala(m): 12:45am On Jan 29, 2012
The biggest problem with igbo people for me is how offensive they can get. Always attacking the Yoruba and ijaw/ss ethnic groups, and claiming to be the only good thing to come out of Nigeria, Heralding Ojukwu(a man's who's integrity I respect but whose decision to instigate a war that has divided us as a nation and people so long and till eternity) as the greatest Nigerian for mutiny and treason.

The two great leaders the igbo have given us as a nation ojukwu and Nnamdi Azikiwe both departed the country at trying times when the pot got too hot.
I respect my igbo brothers and friends but would not stand idle as they denounce the work and effort of people from all corners of this great country, from different ethnic groups, who wake up everyday to work and contribute their quota under difficult circumstances.

The last time I checked the igbo have been well and adequately represented in all governments since the amalgamation of this land, they provided our first president, they had military governors during the times of obj,babangida, Abacha, Abubaka some of whom controlled states outside SE. They have their senators in ABJ sharing in the dividends of a corrupt nation, choppin 20million a month, they have ministers who are inefficient and neglectful of their duties , they have governors who are looting the treasury and LG chairmen who are ineffective.

So answer me this what do they have that other parts of the country do not have be it positive or negative. The igbo brethren better come to understand that we are all being duped by leaders who don't see igbo , hausa or Yoruba but willing ignorant fools , ready to help.

To the OP, the igbo community I find are treated like second class citizens because they have assumed that role and worn the cloak that fits, I've noticed a certain inferiority complex among igbo people painfully trying to compete and prove to the world that they are above the rest when a competition has not been declared. Should anything done by a nigerian not be for the benefit of ALL NIGERIANS north south east and west. Abiola and Saro wiwa amongst others did not die for their respective ethnic groups but for NIGERIANS as a collective.

So all the bigots here chanting  igbo are the "best at everything" and the Yoruba that apparently "never venture outside the south west" and the Hausa/fulani that was "born to rule" better come to understand that our cumulative actions have brought us so far our collective votes have put irresponsible presidents, senators, governors , legislators, LG chairmen etc into a position of power to exploit our resources and divert what should be for all of us , our elated leaders from the past have undertaken actions or inactions to undermine our future from Awolowo to tafawa Balewa to ojokwu just to mention a few.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by cfours: 3:12am On Jan 29, 2012
stayreal:

Silly man, Sudan is a bad example to use. The East does not suffer from poverty like other parts of Nigeria or even South Sudan. So don't compare south Sudan to the East. Igbos go elsewhere because of the economic opportunity. The compeition is very tough in Ala-igbo. An igbo man knows that he has a good chance at succeeding in less competive enviroments where other groups don't have the brains and/or the hustle like he does. This is the reason we go to other parts of the country. I will not go into the economic might of Igbos overseas. You should know by now so I do not need to go there. When Biafra comes we will be able to create jobs after we regain control of OUR oil in Ala-igbo. It is simple economics.

The east most likely suffers from worse poverty than South Sudan.
competition is very tough in ala-igbo to the extend that thousands risk death to escape it. hmm is "competition" a code word for "poverty"?

and igbos do not have economic might overseas as you say. they are mostly known for spare parts and 419. the ones that are successful are integrated into their host society that they do not even associate strongly with igboland. the rest are rare exceptions.

even if Biafra comes tomorrow. 80% of it's citizens will still be living abroad. this is caused by poverty combined with lack of sense of society. they historically were never organized anyway.

please don't deceive yourself.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by hercules07: 6:17am On Jan 29, 2012
We also know that the OP is not a Yoruba man but one of the numerous IDs of our resident eastern brothers, none of the yoruba guys will start a thread like this except in retaliation and I do not see any thread that warrants that, our brothers from the east off the internet have got their thinking caps on and are ready to work with people on ground to better themselves, the ones online are just rabid, pro-baifra people who have lost sight of the realities on ground, dreaming of a biafra without thinking of what it will cost to achieve it.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by bashr8: 6:40am On Jan 29, 2012
sweet_gala:

The biggest problem with igbo people for me is how offensive they can get. Always attacking the Yoruba and ijaw/ss ethnic groups, and claiming to be the only good thing to come out of Nigeria, Heralding Ojukwu(a man's who's integrity I respect but whose decision to instigate a war that has divided us as a nation and people so long and till eternity) as the greatest Nigerian for mutiny and treason.

The two great leaders the igbo have given us as a nation ojukwu and Nnamdi Azikiwe both departed the country at trying times when the pot got too hot.
I respect my igbo brothers and friends but would not stand idle as they denounce the work and effort of people from all corners of this great country, from different ethnic groups, who wake up everyday to work and contribute their quota under difficult circumstances.

The last time I checked the igbo have been well and adequately represented in all governments since the amalgamation of this land, they provided our first president, they had military governors during the times of obj,babangida, Abacha, Abubaka some of whom controlled states outside SE. They have their senators in ABJ sharing in the dividends of a corrupt nation, choppin 20million a month, they have ministers who are inefficient and neglectful of their duties , they have governors who are looting the treasury and LG chairmen who are ineffective.

So answer me this what do they have that other parts of the country do not have be it positive or negative. The igbo brethren better come to understand that we are all being duped by leaders who don't see igbo , hausa or Yoruba but willing ignorant fools , ready to help.

To the OP, the igbo community I find are treated like second class citizens because they have assumed that role and worn the cloak that fits, I've noticed a certain inferiority complex among igbo people painfully trying to compete and prove to the world that they are above the rest when a competition has not been declared. Should anything done by a nigerian not be for the benefit of ALL NIGERIANS north south east and west. Abiola and Saro wiwa amongst others did not die for their respective ethnic groups but for NIGERIANS as a collective.

So all the bigots here chanting  igbo are the "best at everything" and the Yoruba that apparently "never venture outside the south west" and the Hausa/fulani that was "born to rule" better come to understand that our cumulative actions have brought us so far our collective votes have put irresponsible presidents, senators, governors , legislators, LG chairmen etc into a position of power to exploit our resources and divert what should be for all of us , our elated leaders from the past have undertaken actions or inactions to undermine our future from Awolowo to tafawa Balewa to ojokwu just to mention a few.

God bless Nigeria

your chatting rubbish , indicate your ethnic group and tell me your achievements if you have any and what you can compare with the igbos, we igbos didnt start this thread but since one of you started it we will finish it. dont hide under region declare your ethnic group before you make anyother stupid comment, igbos are not competing with you people cus you have refused to grow we are trying to compete with people that are growing and so far nollywood is the 2nd or 3rd largest movie industryy in the world after holly wood and maybe bollywood also igbos are so far the only nation in the whole of africa that manufactures automobile tell us your achievements before you type another rubbish here.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by bashr8: 6:47am On Jan 29, 2012
c.fours:

The east most likely suffers from worse poverty than South Sudan.
competition is very tough in ala-igbo to the extend that thousands risk death to escape it. hmm is "competition" a code word for "poverty"?

and igbos do not have economic might overseas as you say. they are mostly known for spare parts and 419. the ones that are successful are integrated into their host society that they do not even associate strongly with igboland. the rest are rare exceptions.

even if Biafra comes tomorrow. 80% of it's citizens will still be living abroad. this is caused by poverty combined with lack of sense of society. they historically were never organized anyway.

please don't deceive yourself.

cut nigeria into 3 nations east west and south and the east will simply be an almost developed nation with low poverty and lower unemployment compared to west north and indeed so many other african countries, we have gone tru this statistics so many times on nairaland. there are more than 30million igbos living in igboland alone so until you show me a country or proof that up the same number of igbos live outside southeast or southsouth part of igboland you are just talking out of ignorance. apart from lagos show me anyother commercial city more viable than igbo cities of onitsha ,ph and aba and dont forget to delare your ethnic group before you do that and stop hiding under we other nigerians, yes poverty rate in igboland is around 20percent which is high but compare it with yorubaland over 60percent and the north we already know their situation over 70percent so stop yarning rubbish before we start pulling our old threads again. delcare your ethnic group before commenting so we know how to tackle you unless your ashamed of your ethnic group
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by DanKan0: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2012
sweet_gala:

God bless Nigeria

This is the thing that makes me laugh. Like Northen elite can rule Nigeria without consent and cooperation with the South. It doesnt even make sense. All you hear is 'born to rule'.

One day its 'core north' at fault. Ask them who 'core north' is they say Hausa/Fulani, is IBB or Yakubu Gowon Hausa/Fulani? Other times its the whole Northern region but you hear people saying lets form alliance with MiddleBelt take on the 'born to rule' Hausa/fulani or 'core north'. The next day its jus muslims but it wasnt a muslim that defeated Briafa was it?

I dey laugh o pick n choose abi?  cool
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by bashr8: 6:53am On Jan 29, 2012
hercules07:

We also know that the OP is not a Yoruba man but one of the numerous IDs of our resident eastern brothers, none of the yoruba guys will start a thread like this except in retaliation and I do not see any thread that warrants that, our brothers from the east off the internet have got their thinking caps on and are ready to work with people on ground to better themselves, the ones online are just rabid, pro-baifra people who have lost sight of the realities on ground, dreaming of a biafra without thinking of what it will cost to achieve it.

the website is owned by yorubaman the moderators are probably yoruba ,why they allow such threads (including those against yorubas) to keep flourishing for the world to see baffles me. secondly you can not be against pro-biafrans and at the same time support true fedralism or SNC or total sepration its pure hypocrisy, think before you type.yorubaland is declining since this marriage started it has turned to a cesspit from oyo to ekiti  ,poverty is increasing , wonder what is more important to you a united nigeria or a developed yorubaland.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by bashr8: 6:58am On Jan 29, 2012
DanKan0:

This is the thing that makes me laugh. Like Northen elite can rule Nigeria without consent and cooperation with the South. It doesnt even make sense. All you hear is 'born to rule'.

One day its 'core north' at fault. Ask them who 'core north' is they say Hausa/Fulani, is IBB or Yakubu Gowon Hausa/Fulani? Other times its the whole Northern region but you hear people saying lets form alliance with MiddleBelt take on the 'born to rule' Hausa/fulani or 'core north'. The next day its jus muslims but it wasnt a muslim that defeated Briafa was it?

I dey laugh o pick n choose abi?  cool

what ever you do whether the core north or whatever affects you more and affects igbos less, it just baffles us how you keep shooting yourself on the foot with all the opportunities you have had especially during military regime , infact the more years you spend the poorer your region becomes, the same thing happened to yorubas they are worse off than when obasanjo started ,it just baffles us nothing else.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by foster69: 7:05am On Jan 29, 2012
From the outside looking in, not Yoruba, not Ibo, not Ijaw, not Hausa, not Benue. Just a guy, with many Nigerian friends. As a nation you have a lot of growing up to do. Been there four times very recently, met people, some good, some bad. Forget the racism and tribal hate and learn to live with one another. And give Boko Haram the boot there is no reason for violence and hate never solves anything my friends.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by hercules07: 7:07am On Jan 29, 2012
@bashr

Pro-Biafra means another country out of Nigeria, nothing shared, pro federalism means each state determines its futures but still owes allegiance to the central government. As per the OP, let me ask why your name is bashr8 when we know you are Igbo, what are you doing with a muslim name?
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by bashr8: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2012
hercules07:

@bashr

Pro-Biafra means another country out of Nigeria, nothing shared, pro federalism means each state determines its futures but still owes allegiance to the central government. As per the OP, let me ask why your name is bashr8 when we know you are Igbo, what are you doing with a muslim name?

and what was the content of aburi accord ojukwu and igbos you curse everyday fought for? you can explain it in different ways but it still boils down to people controling their own destiny and developing themselves just as how it was before almaganation , you people cannot continue this talking from both side of the mouth cus that is why igbos never take you people seriously u have simply refused to grow up. militant group terrorize innocent people that are not of their ethnic group or region,isnt that worse than your biafran nightmare? it obvious our reasoning are different the more reason we should not be together.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by foster69: 7:44am On Jan 29, 2012
I gave this note to a friend of mine who is an Ibo, who never said he felt as second class citizen of Nigeria, Had it for many, many years, now it is back home, Many of you probably did not see this before. Yeah, it is real. There aren't too many pro-Biafra signs when you go into Enugu. If someone is rating anyone as second class, it is your own prejudice that is leading you to do so. Learn lessons of Libya which is in chaos. Learn of Sudan which is now broken up and no better off than it was what, 40 years ago. You are a great nation. You have blessings of God, wheather you call him Jesus or Allah. If only he could take the blinders off you people.

Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by kettykin: 8:13am On Jan 29, 2012
ig igbos are rated second class citizens , who are the first class citizens
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by sweetgala(m): 10:43am On Jan 29, 2012
@foster69 that is what I am driving at,.some people have such a thick veil of prejudice hindering thier vision of what Nigeria should be. I would like to see a strong igbo presidential candidate so we can vote him in and see his performance, since the "igbo are naturally gifted at doing it right"

Some people are here claiming yorubaland didn't improve even when obj was there , but doesn't that talk of true nationalism where he doesn't improve southwest at the detriment of other regions, we already see the nepotistic act of GEJ he has wasted no time in awarding SS a budget 10x larger than everywhere else. And all these SS and Ijaw leaders are going about threatening and shouting "our son" as thou we all didn't vote.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Gbawe: 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2012
Papabrowne wrote:

I don't know where you got that idea.  Without question, Ibos and Bendelites have always been known to be the smartest Nigerians in the country!!
They are by far the most successful. They control the Nigerian economy. They produce the best technocrats.
The Lagos economy is run by the Igbos. Pull them out and Lagos would look like Cotonou.

What an incredibly ignorant statement. I can only conclude you are "Bendelite" and that is why you speak like this. Even if a case can be made for Igbos having significant influence in the control of the economy of Nigeria, where on earth do you get off arrogating same to "Bendelites"?

What many do not understand is that Yorubas folks are very secure in themselves. They don't feel the need to constantly remind anyone of what they have achieved because they are not driven by an inferiority complex that always leads them to make grandly deluded statement just to gain a sense of validation.

With the nonsense written in cyberspace one would think the Yorubas are simpletons with no influence and achievements. The truth , given what is on ground and can be factually proven, is rather very different and indeed the Yorubas would be more boastful if they were as insecure as others.

I can only deduce enduring and innate inferiority complex as the reason folks like you are quick to give the Yorubas no recognition while arrogating unto yourself things that pander to the wildest delusions of grandeur. Come back and talk about the "Bendelites" being the "smartest" Nigerians when that quality places them in a position of dominance[b] that is borne out by facts no one can dispute.[/b]

Show us , with facts, that Bendelites control the Nigerian economy by proving they are the biggest and most influential players in the banking, oil, formal business, Press sector etc, etc.  You are just deluding yourself and I cannot be bothered to educate you. I don't need to proclaim the Yorubas smarter or more successful than anyone else but some of you should try and check the latent dislike of the Yorubas that makes you ignore facts to begin talking ignorantly and without recourse to realities on the ground in Nigeria and indeed even the diaspora. I will use only the banking sector to ridicule your nonsense because, frankly, spreading the scope will expose the idiocy of your ridiculous assertion. If 10 out of 24 Bank CEO's are Yoruba (8 Igbos, 2 Northerners, 2 SS and 2 non-Nigerians) where does that leave your claim of Bendelites being the best technocrats? Does cream not rise to the top , even with our problems, in Nigeria as is the case everywhere else in the World ?

NAMES OF NIGERIAN BANK CEO'S

1. Access Bank http:
CEO: Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede(south-south)
Site: http://www.accessbankplc.com/careers

2.Afribank
CEO: Nebolisa Arah(Igbo)
Site: http://www.afribank.com/careers

3. Bank PHB
CEO: Cyril Chukwumah(Igbo)
Site: http://www.bankphb.com/careers

4. Diamond Bank
CEO: Emeka Onwuka(Igbo)
Site: http://www.diamondbank.com/careers

5. Ecobank
CEO: Offong Ambah(south-south)
Site: http://www.ecobank.com/careers

6. ETB
CEO: G.O Falayan(yoruba)
Site: http://www.equitorialtrustbank.com/ careers

7. Fidelity Bank
CEO: Reginald Ihejiahi(Igbo)
Site: http://www.fidelitybankplc.com/careers

8. First Bank
CEO: Stephen Onasanya(yoruba)
Site: http://www.firstbanknigeria.com/careers

9. FCMB
CEO: Ladi Balogun(yoruba)
Site: http://www.firstcitygroup.com/careers

10. FinBank
CEO: Mrs Suzanne Iroche(Igbo)
Site: http://finbankplc.com/careers

11. GT Bank
CEO: Segun Agbaje (yoruba)
Site: http://gtbplc.com/careers

12. Stanbic IBTC
CEO: Chris Newson(foreigner)
Site: http://www.stanbic.com.ng/careers

13. Intercontinental Bank
CEO: Mahmud Lai Alabi(yoruba)
Site: http://intercontinentalbankplc.com/ careers

14. Nigeria Int'l Bank (Citibank)
CEO: Emeka Emuwa(Igbo)
Site: http://www.citigroup.com/careers

15. Oceanic Bank
CEO: John Aboh(North-central, Benue)
Site: http://www.oceanicbanknigeria.com/ careers

16. Skye Bank
CEO: Akinsola Akinfenwa(yoruba)
Site: http://www.skyebankng.com/careers

17. Spring Bank
CEO: Mrs Sola Ayodele(yoruba)
Site: http://www.springbankplc.com/careers

18. Standard Chartered Bank
CEO: Christopher knight(foreigner)
Site: http://www.standardchartered.com/ careers

19. Sterling Bank
CEO: Yemi Adeola(yoruba)
Site: http://www.sterlingbankng.com/careers

20. Union Bank
CEO: Mrs Funke Osibodu(yoruba)
Site: http://www.unionbankng.com/careers

21. UBA
CEO: Phillips Oduoza(Igbo)
Site: http://www.ubagroup.com/careers

22. Unity Bank
CEO: Alhaji Falalu Bello(hausa)
Site: http://www.unitybankng.com/careers

23. Wema Bank
CEO: Segun Oloketuyi(yoruba)
Site: http://www.wemabank.com/careers

24. Zenith Bank
CEO: Jim Ovia(Igbo-delta)
Site: http://www.zenithbank.com/care
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by jmaine: 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
Can we for once stop patronizing threads like this for whatever reasons . .who cares who the first class, second class or third class citizens are . . .provided things are working . . the way it should be . . . for the benefit of all . .
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by antartica(m): 12:43pm On Jan 29, 2012
This is more like the ethiopians saying they are more Superior in africa,even when they are the starving ones.

Sometimes i wonder what superiority means?Whether it is ogboju,trickery,roguery and immorality or what?
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2012
to the person behind the mr.cork/pikin id
i know who YOU are. And i love ya dearly!! tongue

but im disappointed in you for creating this thread. undecided
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by NegroNtns(m): 7:10am On Jan 30, 2012
@post, cos thats what they fvck they are. . . .second class citizens. Half Nigerian, half Biafran!
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by NegroNtns(m): 7:16am On Jan 30, 2012
They dream of becoming president but they cant rule Nigeria ever again. . . . they dream of owning their own country but they cant ever dare to pick up guns and march on people land again. Thats what the fvck their problem is. Stuck in the middle of actualizing a country to nowhere.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by stayreal: 7:43am On Jan 30, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

They dream of becoming president but they cant rule Nigeria ever again. . . . they dream of owning their own country but they cant ever dare to pick up guns and march on people land again.  Thats what the fvck their problem is.  Stuck in the middle of actualizing a country to nowhere.   

Haha, Igbos will continue to raise your blood pressure. Your life is based on Igbo hate. You are obsessed with us.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by NegroNtns(m): 7:53am On Jan 30, 2012
my doctor is thinking of putting me on this medical article in a popular mag where they report exceptional lifestyles that people can copy that are interested in prolonging life span. I dont know what high blood pressure is. What is that?
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by DisGuy: 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
sweet_gala:

God bless Nigeria

Gbam!

Tinapa failure- blame the northerners

Second niger bridge- blame the northers

the ports in onistha or thereabouts- Blame the Northerners and the yorubas

Why isnt the rail working in the east- blame the northerner

Why arent international airlines flying into igbo land- those mallams are not upgrading eastern airports

in fact the igbo senators and reps are hand picked by the northerners thats why they are corrupt, the real igbos have been left out of the race

its bloody tedious!
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:19pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe: Papabrowne wrote:

What an incredibly ignorant statement. I can only conclude you are "Bendelite" and that is why you speak like this. Even if a case can be made for Igbos having significant influence in the control of the economy of Nigeria, where on earth do you get off arrogating same to "Bendelites"?

What many do not understand is that Yorubas folks are very secure in themselves. They don't feel the need to constantly remind anyone of what they have achieved because they are not driven by an inferiority complex that always leads them to make grandly deluded statement just to gain a sense of validation.

With the nonsense written in cyberspace one would think the Yorubas are simpletons with no influence and achievements. The truth , given what is on ground and can be factually proven, is rather very different and indeed the Yorubas would be more boastful if they were as insecure as others.

I can only deduce enduring and innate inferiority complex as the reason folks like you are quick to give the Yorubas no recognition while arrogating unto yourself things that pander to the wildest delusions of grandeur. Come back and talk about the "Bendelites" being the "smartest" Nigerians when that quality places them in a position of dominance[b] that is borne out by facts no one can dispute.[/b]

Show us , with facts, that Bendelites control the Nigerian economy by proving they are the biggest and most influential players in the banking, oil, formal business, Press sector etc, etc.  You are just deluding yourself and I cannot be bothered to educate you. I don't need to proclaim the Yorubas smarter or more successful than anyone else but some of you should try and check the latent dislike of the Yorubas that makes you ignore facts to begin talking ignorantly and without recourse to realities on the ground in Nigeria and indeed even the diaspora. I will use only the banking sector to ridicule your nonsense because, frankly, spreading the scope will expose the idiocy of your ridiculous assertion. If 10 out of 24 Bank CEO's are Yoruba (8 Igbos, 2 Northerners, 2 SS and 2 non-Nigerians) where does that leave your claim of Bendelites being the best technocrats? Does cream not rise to the top , even with our problems, in Nigeria as is the case everywhere else in the World ?

NAMES OF NIGERIAN BANK CEO'S

1. Access Bank http:
CEO: Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede(south-south)
Site: http://www.accessbankplc.com/careers

2.Afribank
CEO: Nebolisa Arah(Igbo)
Site: http://www.afribank.com/careers

3. Bank PHB
CEO: Cyril Chukwumah(Igbo)
Site: http://www.bankphb.com/careers

4. Diamond Bank
CEO: Emeka Onwuka(Igbo)
Site: http://www.diamondbank.com/careers

5. Ecobank
CEO: Offong Ambah(south-south)
Site: http://www.ecobank.com/careers

6. ETB
CEO: G.O Falayan(yoruba)
Site: http://www.equitorialtrustbank.com/ careers

7. Fidelity Bank
CEO: Reginald Ihejiahi(Igbo)
Site: http://www.fidelitybankplc.com/careers

8. First Bank
CEO: Stephen Onasanya(yoruba)
Site: http://www.firstbanknigeria.com/careers

9. FCMB
CEO: Ladi Balogun(yoruba)
Site: http://www.firstcitygroup.com/careers

10. FinBank
CEO: Mrs Suzanne Iroche(Igbo)
Site: http://finbankplc.com/careers

11. GT Bank
CEO: Segun Agbaje (yoruba)
Site: http://gtbplc.com/careers

12. Stanbic IBTC
CEO: Chris Newson(foreigner)
Site: http://www.stanbic.com.ng/careers

13. Intercontinental Bank
CEO: Mahmud Lai Alabi(yoruba)
Site: http://intercontinentalbankplc.com/ careers

14. Nigeria Int'l Bank (Citibank)
CEO: Emeka Emuwa(Igbo)
Site: http://www.citigroup.com/careers

15. Oceanic Bank
CEO: John Aboh(North-central, Benue)
Site: http://www.oceanicbanknigeria.com/ careers

16. Skye Bank
CEO: Akinsola Akinfenwa(yoruba)
Site: http://www.skyebankng.com/careers

17. Spring Bank
CEO: Mrs Sola Ayodele(yoruba)
Site: http://www.springbankplc.com/careers

18. Standard Chartered Bank
CEO: Christopher knight(foreigner)
Site: http://www.standardchartered.com/ careers

19. Sterling Bank
CEO: Yemi Adeola(yoruba)
Site: http://www.sterlingbankng.com/careers

20. Union Bank
CEO: Mrs Funke Osibodu(yoruba)
Site: http://www.unionbankng.com/careers

21. UBA
CEO: Phillips Oduoza(Igbo)
Site: http://www.ubagroup.com/careers

22. Unity Bank
CEO: Alhaji Falalu Bello(hausa)
Site: http://www.unitybankng.com/careers

23. Wema Bank
CEO: Segun Oloketuyi(yoruba)
Site: http://www.wemabank.com/careers

24. Zenith Bank
CEO: Jim Ovia(Igbo-delta)
Site: http://www.zenithbank.com/care

Gbawe I'VE long responded to this thread on another article where you referenced this thread. You probably didn't see! So I'm reposting what I replied you then as it still holds water now.

In as much as I would have loved to engage you intensely on this, I really and sincerely do not have the time. Using words like "deluded fool" wouldn't draw me in. Time is so much of the essence, gat too much work to do. But I would be nice and use a spare five minutes and respond for the sake of posterity!!

First, Why the repugnance at the suggestion that Bendelites and Igbos are the smartest Nigerians? Why does that make you cringe? Given the fact that such a claim is naturally open for back and forth assessment, it is questionable that your disposition would be one of extreme bitterness. You do no justice to yourself. You leave readers and viewers with the perception that you are either an tribalist, an ethnicist, a racist or some kind of bigot. Gbawe my friend, don't do this to yourself, ok?

Now to your derailed point: I stand by my speech that Bendelites and Easterners have proven themselves without question to be some of the smartest Nigerians. Using your own very misinformed list of bank CEOs,lets take the top five banks in Nigeria and see who found or owns them.

1) Zenith Bank( Bendelite)
2) First Bank (South Westerner heads by appointment)
3) UBA (Bendelite)
4) GT Bank ( South Westerner)
5) Access Bank(Bendelite)

Of the Five top Nigerian banks today three were either founded or currently owned by bendelites. For the south west its just one- GT.
Other banks founded OR headed by Bendelites include Oceanic bank, Bank PHB, Afribank. For a people with a population of less than 5% of the country controlling almost 30% of the finance industry,that is outstanding. Top 5 banks, 3 Bendelites and you still don't think the smartest Nigerians live or originate from there?

Ok lets talk Media.
Guardian Newspapers(Bendelite) Ibru
Thisday Newspapers (Bendelite) Obiagbena
Vanguard Newspapers(Bendelite) Amuka
Channels TV (Bendelite) Momoh
AIT (Bendelite) Dokpesi
I can go on ...........

Or should we talk about sports?
Or University enrollment?
Or business contributions?
Or Economic indices like per capita GDP and HDI??

Or Telecoms:
MTN - South Africans
Glo- South West- Adenuga
Zain- Indians
Etisalat- Hakeem Bello Osagie- Bendelite!!

Or back to topic: AIRPORTS.
Delta and Edo which make up the old Bendel have three very functional airports amongst themselves. Benin, Warri and Asaba. Warri and Benin airports are the 4th and 5th busiest airport in the country by passenger volume and aircraft frequency. The new Asaba Airport without question is currently the best Airport in the country.

Now the interesting part is that just the Benin Airport alone commands more passenger traffic and flight frequencies than all the airports in the 5 South West states put together!! You can add Kwara and Kogi state if you like and the result remains the same!!

Airport traffic is a good measure for economic sophistication as well as quantum of middle class . How cities as large as Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ogbomosho, Akure and so on survive without a functional airport is mysterious. It is either their economies are largely rural or citizens are at the bottom of the rung depending solely on their proximity to Lagos(a melting pot of different nationalities)as their route to utopia!!

And about Airlines........ the best two airlines in the country are owned by Bendelites...hehe!!
Arik Air- Ikhide Aruremi Johnson
Aero- Ibru

And that was just Bendel..........If I now add the South East which I added in my earlier post.....hmmm Mr Gbawe!!

https://www.nairaland.com/906312/they-finally-renovating-airports/1#10613399

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Dangote Supporting For 2015 Presidential Election / Positive Changes Report President Goodluck's Administration 2011-2015 Part II / [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.