Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? (4657 Views)

#bringbackourgirls Failing As Second Anniversary Approaches- PUNCH / Tambuwal Weds Mairo-Mustapha As Second Wife In Kano / James Ibori Marries Senami Sosu As Second Wife? - The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by corkpikin(m): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders Kindly Help me out If My feelings are wrong. Why is it that Igbo are Rated Second class citezen in there Own Country for the Fact that the Major Oil we all fight for was taken from there.

I am a Yoruba boy but this has been bothering me Yoruba Mix with both Igbo and Hausa freely But Igbo People find it so Difficult to Mix with Hausa Why is it like this? sad

BRB! going back to Romance Section
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2012
I don't know where you got that idea. Without question, Ibos and Bendelites have always been known to be the smartest Nigerians in the country!!
They are by far the most successful. They control the Nigerian economy. They produce the best technocrats.
The Lagos economy is run by the Igbos. Pull them out and Lagos would look like Cotonou.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Rad1cal: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
Erroneous notion gotten from nairaland cool
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by ziga: 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
SMH . . . . . Delusions of grandeur
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
We? Na only you and your peeps ooo
Hausa-fulani does not mix freely because of their nomadic lifestyle.
Second class ko, first class ni
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2012
why would you even bother taking such post serious from someone who
has this as their profile pik? grin grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=587231;type=avatar[/img]
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Dede1(m): 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2012
corkpikin:

Fellow Nairalanders Kindly Help me out If My feelings are wrong. Why is it that Igbo are Rated Second class citezen in there Own Country for the Fact that the Major Oil we all fight for was taken from there.

I am a Yoruba boy but this has been bothering me Yoruba Mix with both Igbo and Hausa freely But Igbo People find it so Difficult to Mix with Hausa Why is it like this? sad

BRB! going back to Romance Section

There is no doubt you are a beneficiary of free education, quota system, obscured religious doctrine and son of a cocotte.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by NET1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
You guys should free this boy abeg. He was only making an observation.

He mentioned one obvious point which is "IGBOs are being treated as if they are second class citizens". He did NOT say that they are second-class citizens, but he merely asked why the other tribes, who ought to be friendly are unreasonably hostile to the Igbo tribe.

Quite frankly, I share his sentiments. Even here on NL, there's rarely a day that passes without seeing verbal insults been thrown at (and from) Igbos. I'm an Igbo person myself and I perfectly understand his views (he's NOT insulting the Igbo tribe)

.NET
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by stillme(m): 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2012
PapaBrowne:

I don't know where you got that idea.  Without question, Ibos and Bendelites have always been known to be the smartest Nigerians in the country!!
They are by far the most successful. They control the Nigerian economy. They produce the best technocrats.
The Lagos economy is run by the Igbos. Pull them out and Lagos would look like Cotonou.

Bros,think before u talk. Can u sow seeds where they will not germinate? Igbos find Lagos soil as where they can sow their seeds and harvest them in due season.
If there is no buyer in the market what can the seller do? Igbos came to Lagos to sell spare parts, if we dont have cars would they still come to Lagos and sell spare parts?
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Nchara: 9:32pm On Jan 28, 2012
Second class citizen for where?
Who get Naija pass Igbos? We run things in our places and elsewhere, owning 50% of Lagos and 70% of Abuja
You mistake those misruling Naija as first class citizens? First class is always a positive attribute; those who have ruled Naija so far have been so incompetent that they have not shown anything near first class.
Sorry, but the OP is crazy or crassly ignorant.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by hercules07: 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2012
What is all this nonsense about Igbos earning 50% of Lagos? Is it only spare parts that makes the Lagos economy, this is why you guys are stoking up so much hatred for yourselves, you come online claiming things that can not be substantiated and in the process insulting those who are your hosts.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Dede1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2012
.NET:

You guys should free this boy abeg. He was only making an observation.

He mentioned one obvious point which is "IGBOs are being treated as if they are second class citizens". He did NOT say that they are second-class citizens, but he merely asked why the other tribes, who ought to be friendly are unreasonably hostile to the Igbo tribe.

Quite frankly, I share his sentiments. Even here on NL, there's rarely a day that passes without seeing verbal insults been thrown at (and from) Igbos. I'm an Igbo person myself and I perfectly understand his views (he's NOT insulting the Igbo tribe)

.NET

Please could you give examples or instances where Ndigbo are treated as second class citizen?
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Yeske2(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2012
@OP, how old are you to begin with?
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Nchara: 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2012
hercules07:

What is all this nonsense about Igbos earning 50% of Lagos? Is it only spare parts that makes the Lagos economy, this is why you guys are stoking up so much hatred for yourselves, you come online claiming things that can not be substantiated and in the process insulting those who are your hosts.

Crazy man. Na only spare parts you see? You no see importation of this and that, Zinox, Coscharis, Pinnacle oil, Capital oil, Emzor, Linkserve, Diamond, etc Banks, Nollywood and all sorts of 100s of Igbo-controlled businesses[b] (Somebody please help me out here with names of Okoro owned coys in Lagos[/b]) grin grin grin grin grin?

You don't see that almost half of the students and Profs at UniLag are Igbos? You don't know who controls the transport business in and out of Lagos?
You don't know that 50% of the private sector workforce in Lagos are Igbo? Add that to the Igbo workforce in the Fed public sector, and all the traders and businessmen paying rents and taxes and all sorts of levies, you get the feel that Igbos pay 50% of the taxes, levies and all sorts of fines that help run Lagos.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Dede1(m): 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2012
Until this thread, I did not know mere hatred can change the social status of individuals or group of people. Slaves can hate their masters but such human endeavor does not change the social status of either group.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by muyoto: 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2012
here we go again. . .
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by safarigirl(f): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2012
^^asin eh. This gist is old ǡŋ₫ worn out, find something else abeg
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by hercules07: 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2012
@Nchara

All those companies you have mentioned do not constitute up to 10% of lagos economy, transport business is not controlled by Igbos, all those buses plying the SW and Kwara are controlled by Yorubas, those plying the East by Igbos, those going to Edo and Delta are controlled by the respective people, the North is a mix of everybody, not everyone takes luxurious bus, go to Karu park in Abuja and see buses controlled by Yorubas loading Lagos and Abuja environs.
I laugh at your assertion that almost half of the students of unilag are igbos, hope you know that catchment area has something to do with admission and as per profs, that one is a blatant lie.
Why not tell your 50% Igbo that are running things to go back to their villages and lets see if the effect will be 50%, Igbos are contributing to the economy of Lagos as much as other people, to say you guys contribute 50% is laughable.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2012
philip0906:

[size=14pt]The  truth remains dat we igbos,like playing d victim.[/size]Very unfortunate dat we hate 2 tell ourselves d truth
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2012
Question from: corkpikin
Why Do We Rate Ibo As
Second Class Citezen In There
Country?

I think the question that should be bothering you should be, Why am I a failed product of a substandard educational system?
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by Nchara: 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
hercules07:

@Nchara

All those companies you have mentioned do not constitute up to 10% of lagos economy, transport business is not controlled by Igbos, all those buses plying the SW and Kwara are controlled by Yorubas, those plying the East by Igbos, those going to Edo and Delta are controlled by the respective people, the North is a mix of everybody, not everyone takes luxurious bus, go to Karu park in Abuja and see buses controlled by Yorubas loading Lagos and Abuja environs.
I laugh at your assertion that almost half of the students of unilag are igbos, hope you know that catchment area has something to do with admission and as per profs, that one is a blatant lie.
Why not tell your 50% Igbo that are running things to go back to their villages and lets see if the effect will be 50%, Igbos are contributing to the economy of Lagos as much as other people, to say you guys contribute 50% is laughable.

You are so so ignorant about the facts. BTW, Igbos aint leaving until Nigeria separates. So if you want Lagos left alone by Igbos, you know what to do.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by DisGuy: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2012
I am a Yoruba boy but this has been bothering me Yoruba Mix with both Igbo and Hausa freely But Igbo People find it so Difficult to Mix with Hausa Why is it like this?

Anyone?

the real question is why do igbos hate other tribes[generalisation] they never have anything good to say about other people but they turn it around
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by cfours: 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nchara:

You are so so ignorant about the facts. BTW, Igbos aint leaving until Nigeria separates. So if you want Lagos left alone by Igbos, you know what to do.

Igbos still won't leave the north and south west if Nigeria separates. this is a no brainer as any place (no matter how violent) is better than the east.

ask the south sudanese. they got their independence almost a year ago but up to a million of them are still in North Sudan refusing to return to their poverty stricken country. what gives?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/26/us-sudan-south-idUSTRE80P24A20120126

we really need to follow their situation closely as it's in a way similar to ours.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by DRANOEL(m): 10:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
question: why are igbos rated second class citizens?

answer : simple! they're first of all biafrans grin
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by hercules07: 10:56pm On Jan 28, 2012
@Nchara

I counter your arguments, you resort to insults, I do not want Igbos to leave as the ones off Nairaland are better human beings than their representatives here, we will go through the problems together and we will come out more united to the chagrin of these online guys that are praying for a break up.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by stayreal: 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nchara:

Are you suggesting that they go to the UN and request for Oduduwa Repupblic? Hahahaha. Unitl they are willing to do that, we will continue "Occupy Lagos" in "One Nigeria."
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by aljharem(m): 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
I wonder why someone would ask such question.

The so called first class citizens today are not better off anyone so what is the bases of the comparison of calling someone a second class citizen ?

We do have mo.rons in this country I no go lie. You are either in UK or USA and would you want the true owners of those countries to call you second class citizen ? No , not to talk of your own country.

Igbos as of today remain the cord of our micro economy in Nigeria today.

The chemist in ayetoro village or zuru villages in kebbi is likely to be Igbo. Imagine if the nearest doctor to you is 20 miles away, it is the chemist you go first to meet. That is hope important they are

Nigeria as the most populous black nation full of resources both human and minerals have no Indigenous car manufacturer. The first is Innoson and he happens to be Igbo.

How can you call such people as second class citizen.

The first class citizens are not better off. Infact in some cases it should be the reverse.

RUBBISH TOPIC
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by aljharem(m): 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nchara:

as for you, what do you want them to do ? discriminate against Igbos ?

STFU if you do not know what to say before you start instigating hate
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by stayreal: 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
c.fours:

Igbos still won't leave the north and south west if Nigeria separates. this is a no brainer as any place (no matter how violent) is better than the east.

ask the south sudanese. they got their independence almost a year ago but up to a million of them are still in North Sudan refusing to return to their poverty stricken country. what gives?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/26/us-sudan-south-idUSTRE80P24A20120126

we really need to follow their situation closely as it's in a way similar to ours.

Silly man, Sudan is a bad example to use. The East does not suffer from poverty like other parts of Nigeria or even South Sudan. So don't compare south Sudan to the East. Igbos go elsewhere because of the economic opportunity. The compeition is very tough in Ala-igbo. An igbo man knows that he has a good chance at succeeding in less competive enviroments where other groups don't have the brains and/or the hustle like he does. This is the reason we go to other parts of the country. I will not go into the economic might of Igbos overseas. You should know by now so I do not need to go there. When Biafra comes we will be able to create jobs after we regain control of OUR oil in Ala-igbo. It is simple economics.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by stayreal: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2012
alj harem:

as for you, what do you want them to do ? discriminate against Igbos ?

STFU if you do not know what to say before you start instigating hate

Go back and read my post. Please think first before posting.
Re: Why Do We Rate Ibo As Second Class Citezen In There Country? by aljharem(m): 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2012
stayreal:

Go back and read my post. Please think first before posting.

I read his post and I am not mistaking

He cannot be instigating hate to his group by claiming false figures such as unilag is 50 % igbo

Has he done the counting

Is it not better for him to keep shut or rather attack the poster instead of saying 70 % of lagos is igbo etc

That is not the way to go about things

The best way to deal with issues like this is to bring out facts not not using guess work like what I did so when people read, you would not appear as a bigot that does not know what he is saying but someone that does. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Got Crushed By Train At Oshodi / Revealed: What Jonathan, Babangida Discussed / Eight Great Events That Led To The Nigerian Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.