Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! (911 Views)

Saraki's PA Made 50 Deposits Into His Account In One Day - EFCC Detective / General Electric (GE) To Spend $10billion In Nigeria And Ethopia / $10billion Nepa Saga:a Comedians Maths Viewpoint! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! by Xtfield(m): 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
Read the story below and honestly say what you would have done if this had happened to you:

Indian teacher stunned by $10bln bank balance
An Indian high school teacher, with a monthly salary of around $700, was astounded when a routine online check of his bank account showed a balance of almost $10 billion.

Parijat Saha, from the town of Balurghat in West Bengal state, said he had checked his State Bank of India account online last Sunday to confirm reception of a 10,000 rupee ($200) interest payment.

"Instead I saw this astronomical amount," he told AFP by telephone.

The account showed a balance of 496 billion rupees.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/indian-teacher-stunned-10bln-bank-balance-070324557.html

After recovering from the initial shock at becoming an overnight billionaire -- at least on paper -- Saha, 42, said he immediately called a friend he knew at the bank to point out what was obviously a major accounting error.

The State Bank of India said it was not immediately clear how the amount came to be registered in Saha's account.

"We are trying to ascertain what went wrong," said local branch manager Subhashish Karmakar.

"We have informed our regional headquarters in Kolkata and national headquarters in Mumbai," he
Re: Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! by Arosa(m): 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
See hammer.
Re: Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! by Xtfield(m): 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2012
What will you do if you were this teacher?
Re: Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! by Arosa(m): 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^^ No comment! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! by Jeel: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
2012 year of MONEY MISS ROAD
Re: Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! by Akwasi(m): 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2012
Jeel:

2012 year of MONEY MISS ROAD

Lol, check this thread and see how you can make money find road to your pocket https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-849228.0.html
Re: Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! by opokonwa(m): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
Oh God! Can this happen to me now??
manna still dey fall from heaven undecided
Re: Teacher Finds $10billion In His Account! by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2012
Xtfield:

What will you do if you were this teacher?

^^^What i'd do?: I would hire the wiliest financial advicer (one with no moral scrupples of course); buy properties/land in different countries; transfer $5 Billion only (i'm not greedy) to a foreign account; undergo plastic surgery, and then high-tail it out of that muthafuckin country.

Only Mother Theresa would think otherwise shocked.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Nigerian Army General Wanted For N159m Fraud / The best response to Reuben Abati: The Nigerians They Don’t Give A Damn About / Formerly Hidden Oyibo Poverty Comes To The Fore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.