Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,227 members, 7,860,447 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday -minister Of Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday -minister Of Education (1531 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Wednesday / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday -minister Of Education by ugopeter(m): 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2012
ASUU TO CALL OF STRIKE ON MONDAY.The Minister of Education,Prof.Ruqquayatu Ahmed
Rufa’i has assured that the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU) will call
off its protracted strike on Monday, following the passage of the bill on the retirement age of professors of University
at70 years.
Prof.Rufa’I disclosed who stated this yesterday in Abuja at a crucial meeting with Vice-Chancellors of Federal Universities
assured that the bill which was passed last Wednesday will soon be singed into law by
President Goodluck Jonathan.
Noting that ASUU has exhausted all issues that will disallow the resolution of the crises,
Prof. Rufa’I said that the Federal Government will hold another meeting with the Union on
Monday to finally resolve the lingering problems with the Academic Union to allow
students resume their academic programs.
“TheFederal Government is concerned and I am sure you are aware that series of meetings have taken place even with the
President Goodluck Jonathan. We have been talking and discussing with members of ASUU. Today after our meeting with the Vice
Chancellors we are going to hold a meeting again with ASUU on Monday and it is our
hope that after that meeting we expect that ASUU should call off that strike. Government
is working and definitely we are meeting most of their demands.” She stated
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday -minister Of Education by ugopeter(m): 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday -minister Of Education by Emmyk(m): 1:13am On Jan 20, 2012
Amen! In advance
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday -minister Of Education by Sirkelvin: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2012
Why was the strike not called off[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Is Adult Education A Good Course To Study In Ui / Why Waec,neco And Jamb Malpractices Are Hard To Control In Nigeria / SCHOLARSHIP ALERT: 2014 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Application (worth N100,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.