Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Henry For Barca! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Henry For Barca! (2304 Views)

Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Arsenal Table Bid For Barca Striker Sanabria / Breaking News....boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Barca's Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2006
He's a proven goalscorer.

The man who came from Carribean but plays for France is on his way to Nou camp.

Wenger! Wenger!! Wenger!!!

Please read this link: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,278-2088157,00.html

I thought he will come to Chelsea, we would have make him World best Player within one season.

Re: Henry For Barca! by Skintite(f): 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2006
Nonsense n ingredient!

Didnt they c henry som seasons back?
Its only wen wenger has transformed his little boys into superstars that
evrybody will bring their korokoro legs n wants to buy

Madrid want febregas, barca wants henry, juve has taken vieira undecided
Why cant they build their own players?

Dont worry wenger, just drop the coachin n start trainin young players for sale! grin
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2006
Juve did not take Viera.
The poor boy want to finish his career at highbury, your "Faultless " Wenger sold him unsong.
The sale will hunt him for years.

Wenger did not develop Henry but convert him from Wing to Striking role, the same way he finishes the bouyant career of Lauren from a brilliant Attacking Midfielder in Atletico Madrid to a "yeye" Defender.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 2:30am On Mar 18, 2006
Re: Henry For Barca! by nightrider: 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2006
[
[b]Wenger did not develop Henry but convert him from Wing to Striking role,

wenger developed henry. at monaco remember that.
henry and ikpeba were wengers young boys at monaco.
Re: Henry For Barca! by shadyBaba: 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2006
who has chelsea made the best player in the world.just a bunch of dissapointing player that they waste their money on.Fulham gave them a little somtin to tink about.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2006
nightrider:

[
[b]Wenger did not develop Henry but convert him from Wing to Striking role,

wenger developed henry. at monaco remember that.
henry and ikpeba were wengers young boys at monaco.

Ikpeba is not a Wiger then, he pairs with Brazillian Sony Anderson in attack.

How many years did Henry used with wenger in Monaco?
Re: Henry For Barca! by Skintite(f): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2006
It doesnt matter if he converted him from winger to striker
He made him what he is today
He developed him n made him a better player, thats wat am sayin

So, coaches shud learn to develop their own players
not buy other pples hardwork n claim success like morinho undecided undecided

Sorry, henry is not sale, neither is febregas, hleb n adebayor
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 6:03pm On Mar 21, 2006
@Skinnet

Are you saying Jose never develop?

1) Who is Joe Cole two years ago?

2) Who is Deco,Cavaliho,Maniche, Ferera few year ago?

3) Do you know how many players he is developing "uderground"? Please watchout for Junior makalele in Diarra in the next few years.
Re: Henry For Barca! by richolly(m): 2:27am On Mar 22, 2006
@Akolawole

bros!!!!!! why, bros, why

i do not want to sound as if i'm antagonizing you but you are always facing the opposite direction. all you are concerned with is chelsea and chelsea related issues and which almost always are not really correct.

i know you can do better
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2006
shadyBaba:

who has chelsea made the best player in the world.just a bunch of dissapointing player that they waste their money on.

i AGREE but who has United make the best player in the World and Who has Arsene wenger made the best player in the World?

rich olly:

@Akolawole
bros!!!!!! why, bros, why
i do not want to sound as if i'm antagonizing you but you are always facing the opposite direction.
I don't mind if you atagonize me as long as it is constructive, i am okay.

rich olly:

@Akolawole
but you are always facing the opposite direction.

Opposite direction of Lies--Yes
Opposite direction of Arrogant gunners in this forum-- yes
Opposite direction of good football analysis---- NO
rich olly:

rich olly link=topic=8502.msg249873#msg249873 date=1142990870:

@Akolawole
all you are concerned with is chelsea and chelsea related issues and which almost always are not really correct.

Thats my team anyday but i have raised issues on Arsenal and Mr Wenger. Please check the sports section very well.
Re: Henry For Barca! by LoverBwoy(m): 4:45am On Mar 23, 2006
Arsene wenger has made Henry the best player in the world!!!!

he didnt get the vote due to politics!! , u know that dont just follow some stupid votes on the continent those people accpet bribes n are just jealous of the english premier league!!

If lampard and Terry were playing in span or italy they would have been up there with the best
Re: Henry For Barca! by bmaq007(m): 10:06am On Mar 24, 2006
Hi guys. I'm an FC Barcelona fan (to the teeth), and frankly, we don't care if Henry gets transfered here or not.

Frankly speaking, i have nothing against the player: he's one of the best in the world, but i think Mr. Samuel Eto'o Fils is a better finisher than he is.

And considering the present crop of players we have in the Barca lineup: Lionel "Merciless" Messi, Mr. Football Prefect: Ronaldinho, Deco, Iniesta, Guily and even ageing Larsson, i believe that Henry would not make that much an impact, if he is eventually transfered to Nou Camp.

No dissing intended, but i personally think that Premiership football is too much like PlayStation 2 (Winning Eleven especially).

Y'all should start following the Spanish La Liga

Peace from the 'Maq
Re: Henry For Barca! by Vieira(m): 10:38am On Mar 24, 2006
Akolawole:

Juve did not take Viera.
The poor boy want to finish his career at highbury, your "Faultless " Wenger sold him unsong.

Wenger did not develop Henry but convert him from Wing to Striking role, the same way he finishes the bouyant career of Lauren from a brilliant Attacking Midfielder in Atletico Madrid to a "yeye" Defender.

You chat too much rubbish sometimes, Vieira wanted to finish his career at Arsenal?

Person dey finish career at 20?

Wenger has a track record of taking players that are not doing well or sitting on the bench and turning them into world beaters.

Vieira, Anelka, Henry, Fabregas, Toure to mention a few

But I realise now that you seem to just open topics for fun sake even if you have no point at all.

Maybe you are just and agitator tryinmg to get lots on posts.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2006
@Viera

I do respect and regard people whether i agree or disagree with their views.

I don't expect you to say your first and last statement(s).

I was disapointed.

I reserve my comments though.
Re: Henry For Barca! by LoverBwoy(m): 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2006
Mr akolawale

u seems to talk more about arsenal than chelsea  undecided undecided undecided

we have guns u know lol u'll always get "shot" when u say anything anti-gunners  grin grin
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2006
@ LoverBwoy

I like those "shots" but i dont like VULGAR language on my personality.

I can tell you, i am used to it and it develop me a lot.

Nice2have and Bagoma knows that.

1000 gunners cannot gun me out of here. grin

With my Jose's mentality, never-say-die attitude, i dey kampe
Re: Henry For Barca! by Vieira(m): 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2006
Akolawole:

Juve did not take Viera.

Actually I apologise for my "rubbish"statement, I misread your post. you used want when you should have said wanted and I misread that word as went and hence got a totally wrong idea of what you were saying.

But still the sale will not haunt us for years, the effects have not even lasted more than 8 months! We are already over him. Next season if you mention Vieira gunners will ask "who?"
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 7:05pm On Mar 24, 2006
@Vieria

Its okay Sir

But your team is an ingrate sha.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Vieira(m): 12:57am On Mar 25, 2006
Ingrate? How?
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 1:17am On Mar 25, 2006
Any player that leave your team is not appreciated only those that Retire there.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Vieira(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2006
Vieira is still respected.
Wiltord is still respected.
Nigel Winterburn is still respected
Overmars is still respected
Ray Parlour is still respected
As long as you leave Arsenal in a good way and do not say bad things, then Arsenal fans will always show love for you.
So I am not sure what you based your ingrate idea on.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 11:49am On Mar 25, 2006
I beg, just check member's comment on Viera alone, you'll confirm my point.

Beside Palour and probably Nigel, they were not respected.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Vieira(m): 2:20am On Mar 26, 2006
I don't need to check members comments, I am at Highbury for every single game and I know the opinion of the fans and how these players are received when they visit.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 2:32am On Mar 26, 2006
" Happy to hear you are at Highbury for every single game"
Ummh, You must be very comfortable.

Are you a registered Arsenal Supporter?

Are you a Season Ticket holder?

If yes, tell me your Reference number.

Please dont be angry, just tell me. cool
Re: Henry For Barca! by Vieira(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2006
Nothing to do with comfort my brother, I no dey drink and I no dey smoke, so someone must spend money on some hobby now.

I am a registered Arsenal member.
I will get a season ticket at the Emirates. (have been on the waiting list for 13 years!)
I am a steward as well at Highbury.

I am not angry but what will my reference number do for you?
Re: Henry For Barca! by jogego(m): 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2006
i wonder oh tongue

If you would see the crowds reaction on Tiesday when Patrick comes into town, then you will know Gunners are not in any way ingrates. He is not the first highly respected player to leave and he will not be the last.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2006
@Vieria

Well being a Steward in any Stadium will guarantee watching matches sha. but to buy season ticket is pretty expensive.
I rest my case for now.
Re: Henry For Barca! by Vieira(m): 9:53am On Mar 27, 2006
Akolawole:

@Vieria

Well being a Steward in any Stadium will guarantee watching matches sha. but to buy season ticket is pretty expensive.
I rest my case for now.

Not really, you can get one from £600 to a £1,000. That is not too bad for a whole season of watching football. It is much cheaper than buying a ticket for each game at £45 for 38 matches that alone is £1,710 and I have not included all the cup games as well.

So you can see that a season ticket is the cheapest way of watching football, you end up maying a maximum of about £20 a game which is about every two weeks for only 9 months.

I am sure that most people spend more than double that on booze and cigerettes!
Re: Henry For Barca! by Akolawole(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2006
@Vieria

I tried not to go back to that ticket thing but you are dragging me back.
Okay.

Vieira:

I am at Highbury for every single game and I know the opinion of the fans and how these players are received when they visit.

Did i believe this ? NO!
Vieira:

Nothing to do with comfort my brother, I no dey drink and I no dey smoke, so someone must spend money on some hobby now.

This statement mean You spend your money watching Arsenal as a hobby.

Vieira:

I am a steward as well at Highbury.

By my understanding, Stewards are not permanent employment, they came to help on match days, MOST OF THEM EVEN BACK THE PITCH WHILE THE MATCH IS ON, ACTUALLY THEY ARE WORKING NOT IN THE LUXURY OF WATCHING FOOTBALL MATCHES.

Are you currently a Season Ticket Holder at Highbury?

Vieira:

I will get a season ticket at the Emirates. (have been on the waiting list for 13 years!)

Waiting list for 13 years! ,
Re: Henry For Barca! by dracosh(m): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2006
what?? henry to barca please tell me this is not true
Re: Henry For Barca! by Vieira(m): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2006
Let me explain how it works:

I do not have a season ticket, as I said I am on the waiting list and it would have been for more years if not for the new staduim.

I am a ticket registration member, which means I can buy one ticket but must buy it 2 months before on designated date from 9.30, mostly if you miss buying it online by 30 mins your chance is gone.

I started stewarding last season and it is a paid role. and you only back the game AFTER A GOAL. Stewards will watch the whole game and only have to stand up after a goal or if there is problem in the crowds like the Fulham v Chelsea game.

Even though I steward, I still use my membership to buy tickets, which my friends can then use.

Stewards are 90% fans and would not do it if they could not watch the match.

Whether you believe or not is down to you and no skin of my nose but I wonder why I would lie becuase I want to win the argument about what the fans feel?

Watch it on TV and see if I am wrong about the reaction of fans to these ex arsenal players, do not listen to people on forums when you can see the evidence yourself on TV.

I used to write match reports and always try to be unbiased in my views even though it can be hard.

http://www.dapo.co.uk/Soccerdata.htm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja VFL: The Winning Formula Finally Revealed / NAIJABET COLLABORATE WITH GTBANK FOR SMARTEST DEPOSIT / Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.