Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe (4116 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by akpan123(m): 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2012
YOU CAN FIGHT CORRUPTION ,WHEN THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU ARE CORRUPT.  OR WHEN POLITICIAN HAVE TO SETTLE CERTAIN PEOPLE IN OTHER TO GET A

POST. WHEN A POLITICIAN WHO DOES NOT HAVE 1 MILLION NAIRA  BEFORE  BEEN APPOINTED . AND NOW HAS 1 BILLION NAIRA AFTER LEAVING OFFICE.

COMMON MEN , YOU DON'T NEED A KID TO SOLVE THESE CAN OF MATHS. LOOK AT YOUR LEFT AND RIGHT . WHAT DO YOU SEE. THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS CORRUPT

AND IT NEEDS  MORE THAN A MIRACLE.
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by teddy2011: 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
Something is not right here. How is GEJ tackling corruption with figures of 2009 when we are in 2012: KPMG should give us their audit report for 2010/2011 which more current. That way we wld move forward rather than dealing with past figures.

I strongly believe that GEJ, NOI N DAM are hidding the truth from us with yr 2009 KPMG reports. Once efforts are wasted on this we wont be able probe the current year's Audit report.

Hmmmn something had better be done urgently before they try to exonorate themselves.
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by kingchild(m): 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
No tree survives without its root, the root cause "as my primary school teacher would say" of the protest is subsidy removal and during the protest the song we all chanted was reverse subsidy. Personally I see no ground where the one week protest will take the credit of what is being unfolded about the age long corruption. I protested my self for my self and by my self but what I have come to terms with now is that some protesters protested for someone, was paid by someone seeking a selfish interest. these interests are what am yet to decipher but sure know that it can not exceed three; one of which is politically borne and secondly I also think some oil merchant that are benefiting from the subsidy while millions of the rest of us are just blind men are another strong holds while I can't really fix the third sect of people. "Mind you I said SECT"

BTW GEJ is doing a great job; he has successfully brought the looters in government to the fore, next the individuals on our streets involved in derailing this nation for their selfish lucre, One thing I am sure of is this; GOD supports only the upright. Did Jonathan bring good luck or the reverse? Only time would tell.  
Tinunbu has been quiet. Did anybody notice that?
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by olajide8(m): 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
Without going into any post I sounds ignoramus for a person to say a baby born this second should walk immediately life is a process and so can't be circumvented you can't say because you have malaria which has been diagnosed that the solution is blood tonic though it would be administered as part of the curatives, but common sense says we have to build structures and check and balances to enable these structure perform their duties the absence or lack of gives room for the rubbish that has been reveal how on earth can nigeria a oil producing country import crude oil in a totalitarian government where presidency means total power whom is to blame for the misdemeanors of the few under whom's authority is been done, me now how can someone tell me that removal of subsidy rather then a total opening of the industry would fight corruption when its actually perpetrated by the person's appointed by the totalitrian C-in-C let's look at these things very well their is no means of accounting for how much is been taken away from nigeria so also how much is coming in and for that reason the entrepreneurs shouldn't get any subsidy for monies which can not be accounted for via vis what is consumed HABA! Nigerians
Wereh kpe:

Honestly, this is what i think has been his game plan ALL ALONG. This is one reason why i said long ago that i will support the FSR not becus it was right.

The truth is this cabal, wede any1 likes it or not is bigger dan d presidents (even Obj). What GEJ has therefore done tactical is to make all Nigerians fight the cabal  as this fight no b 1 man fight.

Thank God its yielding interest oo.

Like i sed earlier, GEJ doesnt have to be a general, or a warlord but he is inteligent enough to fight corruption in a tactical manner. Below is a link to my initial comment/post.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=843408.msg9938407#msg9938407

My only fear is he persecutes all those guilty to the fullest.
Looking at it why would tinubu say a single thing you want him to be arrested for treason GEJ loaded our streets with military men and they only her go there's no come in their Dico
smarttalks:

smiley
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by kizito96(m): 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
From what we are seeing, i think he has an agenda
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
Wereh kpe:

Honestly, this is what i think has been his game plan ALL ALONG. This is one reason why i said long ago that i will support the FSR not becus it was right.

The truth is this cabal, wede any1 likes it or not is bigger dan d presidents (even Obj). What GEJ has therefore done tactical is to make all Nigerians fight the cabal  as this fight no b 1 man fight.

Like i sed earlier, GEJ doesnt have to be a general, or a warlord but he is inteligent enough to fight corruption in a tactical manner. Below is a link to my initial comment/post.

You're right. I guess this was the only way they could fight the thing.

I'm still waiting for people to start challenging their state and local governments. I wonder what most of them have done with monies allocated to them. All the Jonathan brouhaha, why can't they extend their insults to OBJ and all the other corrupt govts. let's give GEJ a chance. He may not be the messiah for Nigeria but it seems like he is definitely paving the way for the one. He's on the right track.

And please people should stop saying it's the protests of the people that brought about the investigation, of course GEJ knew that people would protest based on past occurences hence i believe all this was part of the plan
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by Pukkah: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
pash4naija:

You're right. I guess this was the only way they could fight the thing.

I'm still waiting for people to start challenging their state and local governments. I wonder what most of them have done with monies allocated to them. All the Jonathan brouhaha, why can't they extend their insults to OBJ and all the other corrupt govts. let's give GEJ a chance. He may not be the messiah for Nigeria but it seems like he is definitely paving the way for the one. He's on the right track.

And please people should stop saying it's the protests of the people that brought about the investigation, of course GEJ knew that people would protest based on past occurences hence i believe all this was part of the plan

So you believe that the protests, together with the deaths and the ensuing violence, were part of the plan?  What a costly price to pay! What a risky path to take! Was there no other way to do it?

dustydee:

Would they have done this if Nigerians hadn't protested? It's good to see beaf reap the fruit of the mass protests last week.

Exactly. Or how were they 100% sure that there would be protests? And these are the same people who condemned the protests and derided them now coming out to say they were expected. embarassed
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by Pukkah: 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
Wereh kpe:

When did OBJ become the standard of exceptional performance? Or are you insinuating that he's a superman when compared to Jonathan? Is it right for a cabal to be bigger than presidents?
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by Reference(m): 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
I think people are gradually coming around to understand the complex society they live in. In most progressive societies civil change is led by individuals. Who can do that in Nigeria where virtually every facet of life is fertile ground for corruption. Where will such a leader get support. Were the same Nigerians not hailing IBB when he overthrew the Buhari government. Lesson 1 - No individual no matter how powerful can end corruption in Nigeria. It is far too widespread and to deep.

I had supported the govt. in its deregulation quest from the get go because I knew it could bring about the kind of structural changes Nigeria needed to survive. How. It will cause people to react and fight back. Lesson two - Nigerians will only fight corruption when it has a direct personal cost. (I hope all the anti-corruption crusaders are listening). That is what labour out. Nigeria has lost huge amounts in the past, trillions in the banking scandal, Siemens gate, TSKJ/LNG scandals, etc but the requisite responses to cause reforms in government was not there so government has no capacity to tackle it. Today we are losing between 300 to 500 thousand barrels of oil a day illegally exported by IOC's and pirates totally unknown to government.

Lesson 3, who is government. Is it GEJ, Ngozi, Ringim, Oniwon, Lamorde, Peter Esele, or whom. Because the truth is that they all know who is doing what, who is stealing, mismanaging, diverting. But why is it that they can't fight it. Because they, we all see them as names, individuals and not head of institutions. This is one huge gap corruption exploits. Corruption does not meet them at 8 a.m. in the morning but at 11 p.m. at home. That's why the strike process was incomplete and anti-corruption gains limited, their personal interests were beginning to be affected, all of them, labour to government. From government house to David Mark's house. Why. Lesson 4. more to come.
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by gokuu(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2012
Really? It don't seem so!

Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by Osamabinladin: 4:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
GEJ is more of a curse to Nigeria than a blessing. its rather unfortunate that a man from a minority group can treat majority of Nigerians this way. its not just sad, its so so sad

Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by Mogidi: 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
[quote author=Osama bin ladin link=topic=850354.msg10008843#msg10008843 date=1327074673][/quote]

GEJ is more of a curse to Nigeria than a blessing. its rather unfortunate that a man from a minority group can treat majority of Nigerians this way. its not just sad, its so so sad

Is it any better if the majority group enslaves the minority groups?

Does it matter if the minority group produces what the majority group feed's from?  You my friend is a dolt.

@OPs
This is an audacious move by Mr President.

GEJ carry go
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by naijaking1: 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
GEJ has already endeared himself to history by trying to attack corruption, starting from the oil sector. He has threatened the sacred cows who make a living sucking our national resources dry.
I saw carry on GEJ, carry on.
Slay thee thy sacred cows; be they on the streets, in Boko Haram, or the police force. Slay the sacred cows.
Sacred cows make the most delicious beef, hamburgers, and even suya. Nigerias will like the taste of sacred cows
Re: Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe by TmeWillTel: 7:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikemba Ojukwu Bunker In Abia State Still under Reconstruction pictures / I Swear To God, Jonathan Will Not Be Re-elected- Atiku / Who Else Knows What This Is?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.