Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! (3811 Views)

The Masses Are Silly / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution / Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
Through a massive, well organized and non-violent protest, people world wide, and to a large extent US citizens have succeeded in making the US congress women and men have a re-think on the proposed SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act), and the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA). This clearly shows how greatly the voice of the masses can bring about changes in a democratic system.

Please fellow Nigerians, do we not think that it's high time we begin to show how we feel about corruption by government officials in this country? The US is different I must admit, but why can't we see people come out against a very slow, and powerless judicial and law enforcement system. Why is it that the masses still remain silent when the sentences some top government officials receive for heinous crimes are like a mere child's play. Why do we all keep silent when most of these unscrupulous individuals smile away to their banks with OUR money and still walk the streets freely. Nigerians worship position and power, most worship tribalism and other sentiments, our youths are ready to sacrifice their lives in support of these thieves for just a few thousand bucks during election,

People came out against   the removal of Fuel subsidy, but are RELUCTANT to do that against corruption because it does not  affect their pockets directly, they think. We,the masses are the cause of our problems, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Arosa(m): 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
You have said it well my brother, Its frustrating and tiring discussing Naijas political problems. somethings never change.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by mensdept: 5:54am On Jan 21, 2012
Yes of course you guys are spot on. The Nigerian government, rather, the governments from Summer of 1966 till date are nothing more than a true reflection of WE THE PEOPLE.

How else can you explain the obvious maddness in this country? This bull cant happen in todays Western World, nor the Arab world, but in Kano or Onitsha or Warri it does.

Those who brought Christianity to our region centuries ago have turned their nations into habitable domains with good roads, airports, stadiums, architecture, highways, etc., and have decided that Priest, Pastors, and "Prophets" were better kept far from the center of society.

Yet in Naija, any hungry man can wake up, or watch American TV, put on one quack suit, and call himself a Pastor. All over the place we have "men of god", calling themselves pastor abi rev abi prophet abi Peter the Apostle himself. We have more churches than factories, and frankly, this is causing our people to continue to ignore the serious things in preference of being bible quoters, prayer warriors instead of corruption warriors and Gele wearing hand clapping Owambe-ers.

The ARAB-immitating (or irritating) Muslims in this country, have totally forgotten their history, or rather have made their past culture a taboo, in preference of bedsheets, white robes, and towels that can cover themselves. Men in this "faith" as their Christian "pastor" counterparts, have also seen an opportunity to be relevant (where they would never in any other trade had been), and terrorize the people and officials to get their way. Funny enough, Arabs who created this faith have since developed their region (Dubai, Ridyah, Rabat, etc) and have turned an arid desert region into a true paradise pass London and Tokyo.

So, all this is to say the smell in our country is emitting from our own Nyash
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Sike(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2012
Arosa:

You have said it well my brother, Its frustrating and tiring discussing Naijas political problems. somethings never change.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by JimmyBoy1: 9:32am On Jan 22, 2012
I believe things are now changing and we can now build on occupy Nigeria protests.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by obowunmi(m): 11:49am On Jan 22, 2012
People in Nigeria would rather remember that they are yoruba, igbo, hausa, moslem, christian than move for change.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by kunlekunle: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2012
mass democratic illiteracy
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by pharmow: 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
Yeah surely an average nigerian contribute one way or the other to the problems of this country
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2012
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by 2sexy(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2012
I concur with you all. It is really sad and heart-breaking that Nigerians would prefer to sell their souls and future and that of the un-born over a few thousands for election campaign and rigging rather than protect the future of generations un-born.

Why do we complain?
The last election was a perfect opportunity to face-out these eye-soring trend and menace but the foools chose sentiment over logical reasoning. Thus, they chose the MESSIAH as if he could perform miracles.
I would have chosen Ribadu or Pat Utomi.

Over 80% of those in Power are not educated and most people do not know it yet. There are different levels of education. How many are really educated?

Why do we cry?

We are the cause of our own problems.

Let me tell guys: If Fashola, a celebrity in Gov. due to the work he has done contest as a president in 2015, Nigerians will not Vote for him. They will prefer a PDP corrupt candidate because of a few thousands or potential office which they hope to get.

Even at that, ask the nearest guy what do we do? And he will say: Na God go help us or let's keep praying.

Nigerians don't even know the power they have or are ignorant of it. Their mates are doing their right in the west and middle east and here we are.

Some will say e no concern me cos i b ibo, yoruba, hausa but if Nigeria divides tomorrow and within this ethnic clans, these same people will say, in the west, i am from Oyo and they are from Ogun. The same will say in the East, I am from Imo and they are from Anambra. . . Do you get the point?

Even if Nigeria divide, the same egocentric habitual mentality has gone deep into many of us and there are no way to solve this.

Who is a president, Gov, Senator, Local Gov. Chairman et al without the backing of THE PEOPLE?

They are nothing but a worthless pack of SH!T!

Fela say: We Fear To Fight For Freedom, We No Wan Die, Papa Dey For House Mama dey for house. . . In truth, WE ARE DEAD!

The better we start thinking. If theres anyone here who is good at educating people through constructive light-weight sentence and composition for easy understanding about the problems affecting us(am not good with politics and barely know much about the subject), please get a blog and let's harness the power of facebook and twitter. If you can get webhosting company to register the domain, let me know and I will set up the site(blog). Not so many people know what we discuss here.

Moderator, please get share button up there so that we can share content from here to our facebook account.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
very true
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Lasinoh: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
Don't count on Nigerians to come together and achieve any measure of success.
Nigerians only succeed as individuals. . . not as a group. kiss
Too cowardly, too self-serving and waaaaaaaaaay too apathetic. kiss

7AM. . . .Abeg, wey my bed? God bless my sweet America!  cool
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by csharpjava(m): 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2012
2sexy:

If you can get webhosting company to register the domain, let me know and I will set up the site(blog). Not so many people know what we discuss here.

I agree with you, we can use this domain
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Arosa(m): 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2012
The Nigerian peeps need to be taught how to protest for their right. cos if you wait for the politicians to willingly change things for the better. You will have to wit forever. lipsrsealed
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ Abi oo!!
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2012
csharpjava:

I agree with you, we can use this domain
gime a hint on what u guys are talking about,can sense some tech talk.anyway u need some help,holla at me
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by UKBobo(m): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2012
Nigerians only succeed as individuals. . . not as a group. Kiss
Too cowardly, too self-servomg and waaaaaaaaaay too apathetic. Kiss

7AM. . . .Abeg, wey my bed? God bless my sweet America! Cool

Could the answer be that Nigerians who have worked abroad and have an understanding of the evils of graft, corruption etc, like yourself Lasinoh, return back to run the country as you have seen the benefits that organisation and civil responsibility can bring to a country.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
We Nigerians are not organized! That is a big problem to the development of the country in so many ways.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by muyoto: 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2012
soooooooooo where do we start?
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Lasinoh: 10:21pm On Jan 22, 2012
UK Bobo:

Could the answer be that Nigerians who have worked abroad and have an understanding of the evils of graft, corruption etc,  like yourself Lasinoh, return back to run the country as you have seen the benefits that organisation and civil responsibility can bring to a country.

The benefits of organization and civil responsibility indeed! cheesy
I will not even join any group of Nigerians in the civilized world not to mention in Nigeria for ANY reason.
Nigeria only remains the country of my birth. That is all.
I NEVER plan to return. . .even as cremated ashes!
Tukiakwa. Absolutely nothing to offer!
I was born a Nigerian but will die as an American.
Boy! I love this country. . .God bless the great USA! cool

Truth be told. Just waiting for my remaining "survivors" in that cursed place to quench so I can inherit and sell all that accquired nonsensical properties. I have written my will.
CREMATION only!!!!! kiss
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Lucy001(f): 10:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^
Nobody wanna take the first step in 9ja, in places like Egypt, Buazizi the dude who light himself up trigger the people to rise up against the Muburrack's government.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2012
Lasinoh:

Nigerians only succeed as individuals. . . not as a group. kiss
Too cowardly, too self-serving and waaaaaaaaaay too apathetic. kiss

7AM. . . .Abeg, wey my bed? God bless my sweet America!  8)

Can I come over? At least two of us can come together, even if others won't.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Lasinoh: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^
You again?
Did you not get the e-mail from Eze Nshi 1 of NL not to address my posts all over NL?
Mu he he he he
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Lasinoh: 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2012
Lucy001:

^^^
Nobody wanna take the first step in 9ja, in places like Egypt, Buazizi the dude who light himself up trigger the people to rise up against the Muburrack's government.

Count me out!
I have no vested interest in Nigeria or Nigerians.
Send me to Iran instead! cool
Goodluck Dumb Jonathan with your Nigeria! kiss

4PM. Time for work. cool
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
Lasinoh:

^^^
You again?
Did you not get the e-mail from Eze Nshi 1 of NL not to address my posts all over NL?
Mu he he he he

I don't answer to any EZE, especially on matters such as this. This is waaay too important.
Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by prettyboi1(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2012
@ poster, I'd never been interested in politics,ever ever,but at some point in my life I started growing to understand that our non-chalant attitude is what has left us in confusion & this backward state as a people & I've realized that until we talk to ourselves & start paying attention nothing will change. We all don't have to be politicians,but we all have a role to play in it still. I'm not a writer & hav never ever taken it as a hobby sef but I've had to start one to just discuss various random topics about anything that comes on my mind & here's the link to my very first & only blog for now,it's about this same topic of yours. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ IT & SHARE IT ON NL,FACEBOOK,TWITTER etc, let's start informing people about change. I WANT US TO BE EXTREMELY PROUD OF OUR COUNTRY ONE DAY SOON & HERE'S A PART OF MANY THINGS I PLAN TO CONTRIBUTE, /p27qyj-4

1 Like

Re: The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! by prettyboi1(m): 12:38am On Jan 23, 2012
Nigeria : Change,Passion & Land Of Our Dreams. ---------> /p27qyj-4

(1) (Reply)

Sahara Reporters Are Liars - Civil Society Group / Ojukwu Was Right Afterall / When Nepa Man Owns A Car (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.