Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

The Raped Nation - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / The Raped Nation (841 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Raped Nation by Whyte002(m): 10:26am On Jan 21, 2012
ILLUMINATION with CREATIVE MIND…08169276283
“ENLIGHTENING MINDS THROUGH THE VOICE OF THE PEN”
THE RAPED NATION
Yeah, I’m not disputing that she is a beautiful woman. An epitome of beauty in a robe of corruption, she has a wrapper of dishonesty. Her head gear is that of bribery. Perfect under-wears of immorality. A pair of shoes depicting violence. Her golden wrist watch reflects poverty. She has a hand bag of deceit. She’s scenting so unreliable and dangerous. I guess she used a body spray of rancour and acrimony. What a perfect being!!!, These are the descriptions my white friend gave my black nation, Africa.
Times without number I have been a victim of attack by words, a victim of stigmatization, a dejected young man in some occasions among my so called friends from the other parts of the world when they turn my black continent to a subject of criticism and object of ridicule. Yet, there has never been a moment of regret that I’m from the black nation and I shall never deny the fact that I’m from the continent where nature itself lives.
It is a well known adage in my country that if death doesn’t come through an internal source, never will it come from an external one. I’ll like to chase the hyena into the thick forest before bouncing back on my erring cock who sold us out… Hundreds of years ago, thousands of months back, I learnt our fore-fathers never set their eyes on a ship. Yet, they traversed in their own little ways. Our mothers then never hear the sound of an airplane yet they never clamour to fly in the sky all because they were satisfied with their God-given environment and never saw a reason to compete with the birds in the air. Our great brothers traveled from one village to another and never wished for a car. The beauty of our sisters reflected the undefiled African beauty in their native attires and they never clamoured for any clothes that will reveal their natural endowment while the law of morality forbade them to put on any attire that will expose their cleavages. Young men never saw a reason to lay ambush for the ladies in a bid to take their pride by force. The whole race never saw a reason to become rich by hook or by crook while serious sanctions awaited an obstinate offender.
Then our fathers all went to bed one night. The songs of the birds filled the air, the moon and the stars illuminated the night and frogs croaked in continuity. The children were in a deep sleep after the usual folk tales. Crickets gave their usual sounds. Big trees shook their leaves to greet the cool passing air while the small trees bend in respect of the sea breeze. Then silence complemented the night.
Our fathers never knew that was a send-off party of our God-given nature and traditions until the terrific noise of the air plane told them it was time to wake. They saw the large object moving on the sea which always depicted the greatness of the Almighty without sinking. They took over our lands and made us slaves. They took our goods and called us fools. The big trees were severed and thus nature began to fade away. Our mountains and rocks were broken into pieces and thus we felt unsecured. They took our fathers’ all purpose attires and gave them a war uniform. They confused the young men that gun is not meant for hunting purpose alone and that the wrath of the bullet could be invoked on our offending brothers. They encouraged the negative minded leaders among our fathers to embrace looting as they could always safe their ill-gotten treasures in foreign accounts. Nude pictures were seen in papers all over the land and the young men became sex hungry while the ladies cry to mourn the premature and unjustified death of their virginity. The jar of palm wine was taken away from us in exchange for foreign gin only for our decent fathers to turn their gentle wives to punch bags after a cup which got their thoughts wild. They sent morality to the grave and gave the ladies clothes that were in no way better than walking nude. Our sisters looked into their mirror and hope for a fair skin like them and thus buried the African pride and dignity to lay their backs free for them for a tube of skin lightening cream. They told us to limit our call on God and rather resort to wars in certain situations. Our words for discussion were changed to swords for destruction.
Years after, we started growing in greed while we excelled in theft, war and enmity. We top the world chart in corruption. We took over the internet and defrauded them heavily. Their guns we took along as we beat their intelligence and rob the secured banks. They introduced us to the hard drugs and when we hit their country with the drug bags they panicked in fear of a looming danger. We forget the settler’s doorsteps and took to violence in addressing issues. We became a global threat as they never sleep with both eyes closed in fear of exhibition of the animalistic idiosyncrasy they’ve infused into us. They were able to restrict our actions but our thoughts they failed to get back to normal. Hence we go haywire.
They raped our nation, defiled our culture and took our pride and now, they turn back to put the blame on us, restricting us in their countries with the credence that we are an impending doom.
Who is to blame, a teacher who taught the student the addition of three and three is six or the student who proceeded to study hard and improvised on the foundation of his knowledge to discover that three and three can make a better nine by a simple act of multiplication?
culled from www.oluwaseguncreativemind..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Books: 100 Legal Sites To Download Literature / Any One To Help Me Publish My Book anyone To Help Me Publish My Book / Autojosh Is Hiring, We Are Looking For Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.