Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain (2141 Views)

NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others / Organise Your Own Debate, Jonathan Will Still Floor Buhari, PDP Dares APC / How To Organise Credible Election In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by UKBobo(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
From what I can see, from hearing updates from the family of my girlfriend based in Lagos and Abuja, reading the news and watching TV - nigeria as en entity is imploding.

Nothing seems to work in Nigeria, we went back for 2 weeks holiday last year and everything was a mess. Roads shit, no constant electricity, everyone scared of the police and robbers in equal measure. I spoke to my girlfriend's Auntie and she confided in me when no one was around and said "My mum wishes the British never left".

Now, leaving pride and h(ego) out of this, I think you should ask us to come back and help you administrate the country. We take over managing the power grid, water provision, health care, police force, army, justice system etc, all we ask for is to collect 20% of your oil revenue per year. This is cheap, because as it stands now, there is no benefit to the masses and nothing is provided in return.

I just want your honest thoughts as we could do this before your country turn into Rwanda x25
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
I think u should concentrate on leading the effort to keep UK united.

Scotland is about to gain independence

Argentina is about to take over Falkland Islands with tacit backing of UN and US.

I think you may have more problems on your hand than you know if you are truly british.

More than anything you should have used this opportunity to appologise to Nigerians on behalf of Lord Lugard who chose to put people with irreconsilable differences in one Nation.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by UKBobo(m): 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
I think u should concentrate on leading the effort to keep UK united.

Scotland is about to gain independence

Argentina is about to take over Falkland Islands with tacit backing of UN and US.

I think you may have more problems on your hand than you know if you are truly british.

More than anything you should have used this opportunity to appologise to Nigerians on behalf of Lord Lugard to put people with irreconsilable differences in one Nation.

Good to hear your thoughts. I think Scotland should go their own way, we colonised them for far too long, but we have been susbsidising them for a long time (bit like your fuel). We will come to an agreement with Argentina, as money and peace will talk. As for an apology, I am not Lord Lugard and I believe that each man carries his own can, as it were.

Are you saying that you cannot get yourself out of your current geo-political end-game? You are in charge of your own country man, the african man was clamouring for independence, now you have it, it seems like you do not know what to do with it?
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by bashr8: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
The solution to ngeria problem is to divide it simple and short another thing will only complicate it
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Nchara: 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2012
UK Bobo, the bloody Nigerian living in the UK and claiming to be white. BTW, white (whareva that means) is no longer fashionable.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by ezeagu(m): 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2012
The longer answer:

Nigeria was heading to its natural end in the 60s if not for the British instigation of the Nigerian yo-yos war against one part of Africa that was about to truly rid itself of colonialism (Biafra). There've been other movements around Africa that have been sabotaged/manipulated by Europeans, but this is all old news. But right now, there's nothing Britain can do for Nigeria, they've already done far too much damage, all they can do now is take, as has been the case for a few hundred years, although with the approval of the leaders in Nigeria.

The best thing to do is to stand by and help Nigeria come to its natural end through the international community. Nobody in Britain asked the Fallen Roman Empire to come back and rid Britain of the Normans (yes, that is a different time), and Britain survived and later created the largest empire in human history. Let Africans be for once.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by UKBobo(m): 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
Who will secede first, I think after the last war, no region wants to put it's foot out perhaps. I think the Nigeria project should go to the UN for discussion so a road-map to avoiding crises can be averted.

Will each state want to be independent?
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by ezeagu(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
That's the best thing. The UN. The last war was sponsored by outsiders who still indirectly have some control over Nigeria today. The only region that does not want separation is the north.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Rhino5dm: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
You must high on a cheap grass. Just yesterday, the leader of Arewa Youths call upon the Federal Government to constitute SNC. Stop regurgitating the old tired line. I can personnly confess that more than 80% of northerners dont want to stay in Nigeria(atleast those i know). Remember it was Nnamdi Azikwe that persuaded them to stay, as far back as 1957 or so.

BTW, what is 3 million brothers yours doing in Kano State?

ezeagu:

That's the best thing. The UN. The last war was sponsored by outsiders who still indirectly have some control over Nigeria today. The only region that does not want separation is the north.
. .
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
UK Bobo:

From what I can see, from hearing updates from the family of my girlfriend based in Lagos and Abuja, reading the news and watching TV - nigeria as en entity is imploding.

Nothing seems to work in Nigeria, we went back for 2 weeks holiday last year and everything was a mess. Roads poo, no constant electricity, everyone scared of the police and robbers in equal measure. I spoke to my girlfriend's Auntie and she confided in me when no one was around and said "My mum wishes the British never left".

Now, leaving pride and h(ego) out of this, I think you should ask us to come back and help you administrate the country. We take over managing the power grid, water provision, health care, police force, army, justice system etc,  all we ask for is to collect 20% of your oil revenue per year. This is cheap, because as it stands now, there is no benefit to the masses and nothing is provided in return.

I just want your honest thoughts as we could do this before your country turn into Rwanda x25   

Lol.

Go sort out your trillion pound debt problem, your decaying NHS, appalling and shambolic state education system, random stabbings, padeophilia , drink problem , depression etc before you come and help us, then and only then , will we welcome you with open hands.  grin grin

By the way according to intelligence, Britian will be fully Sharia compliant by 2020.

I have tried to help you guys by joining the bandwagon of truth tellers, but your leftist labour and liberal parties and hell bent on bring the once great Britian to utter ruin !!

Go figure.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nchara:

UK Bobo, the bloody Nigerian living in the UK and claiming to be white. BTW, white (whareva that means) is no longer fashionable.

Exactly, there is nothing English about his diction or choice of words. he is a bloody Nigerian!

@UKbobo
And please don't start using swear words because you have been found out. "That's not what we are on about?" wink - if u get my drip!
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Oba234: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
wasn't it Britain that put us in this mess in the first place? The forced three big ethnic groups together, so please we don't want them.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Njgirl1: 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nchara:

mikeansy:

Exactly, there is nothing English about his diction or choice of words. he is a bloody Nigerian!

@UKbobo
And please don't start using swear words because you have been found out. "That's not what we are on about?" wink - if u get my drip!
lol lmao lol lmao roflmao roflol
this is exactly why i would choose nl over cable anyday u guys are hilarious!
@topic sorry we dont need ur help.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by UKBobo(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
Excellent.

You can travel from Land's End to John O' Groats in the UK and if you are ill, you will get medical service. You may have to wait 2 hours, but you will get seen to and assisted. On that long journey, there will be no form of delay (by corrupt police or robbers). You will be able to drive in peace. Things work here, the basics. You obviously cannot do it yourself and you need help. Put your ego aside and look at the truth.

From what I can see and from discussions when I was in Nigeria, corruption is endemic. (I still get headaches from the generator din) It cannot be solved by a change of nigerian government officials. The mentality-shift of changing from only helping yourself, family or tribe to helping everybody in the arena of Nigeria is akin to revoloutionary discourse.

We can help you? If not us, the Chinese (they are developing quickly), South Koreans or the Danish. The Nigerian mind, unfortunately, is not ready for development. There is a part missing which deals with social responsibility. Contract these services out so you can then you can all go about your business in peace. I must admit, that you are very dynamic people and good at buying and selling. grin
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Nchara: 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
mikeansy:

@UKbobo

His English bombs gave him away as a Nigerian Yoruba in Peckham.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2012
UK Bobo:

Excellent.

You can travel from Land's End to John O' Groats in the UK and if you are ill, you will get medical service. You may have to wait 2 hours, but you will get seen to and assisted. On that long journey, there will be no form of delay (by corrupt police or robbers). You will be able to drive in peace. Things work here, the basics. You obviously cannot do it yourself and you need help. Put your ego aside and look at the truth.

From what I can see and from discussions when I was in Nigeria, corruption is endemic. (I still get headaches from the generator din) It cannot be solved by a change of nigerian government officials. The mentality-shift of changing from only helping yourself, family or tribe to helping everybody in the arena of Nigeria is akin to revoloutionary discourse.

We can help you? If not us, the Chinese (they are developing quickly), South Koreans or the Danish. The Nigerian mind, unfortunately, is not ready for development. There is a part missing which deals with social responsibility. Contract these services out so you can then you can all go about your business in peace. I must admit, that you are very dynamic people and good at buying and selling. grin

Bush man grin

Oyinbo ko Oyinbo ni. !!
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by norrisman: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

Lol.

Go sort out y[b]our trillion pound debt problem, your decaying NHS, appalling and shambolic state education system, random stabbings, padeophilia , drink problem , depression [/b]etc before you come and help us, then and only then , will we welcome you with open hands.  grin grin

By the way according to intelligence, Britian will be fully Sharia compliant by 2020.

I have tried to help you guys by joining the bandwagon of truth tellers, but your leftist  labour and liberal parties and hell bent on bring the once great Britian to utter ruin !!

Go figure.

Stop fooling yourself.

The UK has a functioning economy where the wealth is shared amongst as many of its citizens as possible. Can the same be said of the Nigerian economy where a few are stupendously rich and the rest live in poverty.

The NHS [/b]is light years ahead of any healthcare system in Nigeria. I see a lot of health tourists coming to the UK from Nigeria but I havent heard of any in going in the other direction. A friend of mine still called me 2 days ago asking if I knew of any surgery where a recently arrived health tourist from Nigeria could register to have her baby without being asked for her papers

[b]State education
in the UK is again light years ahead of state education in Nigeria (where it exists)

Crime is much lower in the UK than it is in Nigeria. I have lived here for 10 years now and I or any memeber of my nuclear family have never been a victim of crime. Compare that with my preceding 10 years in Nigeria where: 3 armed robbery raids on my house, several car attacks, place of business robbed, several close shaves e.t.c

Paedophilia, I agree is a big problem in the UK  but we only know about it because it is well reported by the UK media. I was watching a re-run on Nigeria Idol this evening and one of the contestants relived how she was violated at age, 8 in her grandma's house. I will bet my last kobo there isnt a police report for that incident.

There is a drink problem in the UK but again this is something we are aware of because it is reported. I have lost count of how many of my mum's drivers came to work reeking of liquor at 6am in the morning. Alcohol is openly sold in motor parks and only God saved my friends and I from death by drink driving in my University days.

If they used the same yardsticks as used in the UK to diagnose Depression in Nigeria, I am pretty sure close to 150million Nigerians will be declared clinically depressed.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by AfroBlue(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
Captured on our streets by a foreign lens, shaming images that turned Britain into a laughing stock

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040260/Maciej-Dakowicz-Cardiff-After-Dark-binge-drinking-images-turned-Britain-laughing-stock.html#ixzz1k7m9s1QC

Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by AfroBlue(m): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by UKBobo(m): 2:19am On Jan 22, 2012
We can all draw terrible photos from the Internet. I just want to see scenes like this stop. Human rights for everyone, not just the rich or the elite!

Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by MP007(m): 2:26am On Jan 22, 2012
I have said it once and will continue to say it. How can u force, yes force close to 30 cultures to live together as one. The fact of the matter is tribal groups in nigeria have different cultural believes.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by manny4life(m): 3:48am On Jan 22, 2012
Personally, organize your own country first, take the lead to other nations that need it most like Somalia, achieve results before speaking about Nigeria. Just like every nation, Nigeria isn't different but it doesn't mean we cannot solve our problems nor differences.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by ezeagu(m): 4:05am On Jan 22, 2012
What was the point of all the pictures. It doesn't stop millions of Nigerians aspiring to permanently settle in the UK and it doesn't make Nigeria anymore desirable for anyone.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by UKBobo(m): 4:09am On Jan 22, 2012
We solved your problem before, you had roads, postal service that worked, smooth exit and entry into ports and airports, effective and small civil service, health provision, light etc,

We can do it again. Think about it. Put aside ego and pride and look at the stark facts since 'independence'!
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by ezeagu(m): 4:15am On Jan 22, 2012
UK Bobo:

We solved your problem before, you had roads, postal service that worked, smooth exit and entry into ports and airports, effective and small civil service, health provision, light etc,

We can do it again. Think about it. Put aside ego and pride and look at the stark facts since 'independence'!

Solved what problem? All of those things were run and built by indigenous people headed by foreign British. The reason why they worked so well is because they had the British running each region almost as separate countries. These innovations would have easily have reached Nigeria and been established without any colonisation, just like telecommunications and other things have been established in Nigeria. You're only going to annoy most Nigerians with talks of re-conquering.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by dayokanu(m): 4:26am On Jan 22, 2012
UK bobo you funny oo

Bawo ni nkan? Yaya de? Kedu kodi?
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by antartica(m): 4:57am On Jan 22, 2012
This is similar to beaf calling for a foriegn IG,the call of traitors and losers,animals that should be crushed with moulders.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2012
UK Bobo:

Good to hear your thoughts. I think Scotland should go their own way, we colonised them for far too long, but we have been susbsidising them for a long time (bit like your fuel). We will come to an agreement with Argentina, as money and peace will talk. As for an apology, I am not Lord Lugard and I believe that each man carries his own can, as it were.

Are you saying that you cannot get yourself out of your current geo-political end-game? You are in charge of your own country man, the african man was clamouring for independence, now you have it, it seems like you do not know what to do with it?

On the contrary, Scotland has been subsidising you with their oil and farms for decades. Now your poverty is about to become obvious. Your younger generation is lost to drugs and binge drinking. Your older generation is lost to benefits and scrounging.

Your entire people refuse to work and have left the running of the economy to immigrants while they live off their taxes. All your industries have been sold to foreign firms whilst the few thriving ones left such as restaurants are owned by foreigners. Even your laws are subject to EU laws.

Guy, I know you may be Nigerian born (forget the photo you put in your profile) but the truth is every nation has its own problems. Go solve yours first.
Re: Call Us Back To Organise Your Country - Britain by UKBobo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
wink

I have to thank everyone above for a very frank and open discussion on a delicate and tender topic. Your openness is without question a big virtue. I understand that the legacy of colonialism has left wounds and mental psychosis on both sides. We here in England, have never had a deep discussion about slavery, the long-term and current wealth generated from it and how it has left a frisson of superiority among the upper classes here. We do have a 'Masters of the Universe' mentality which is quite misplaced.

I hope Nigeria can get back on it's feet quickly however I feel foreign intervention is necessary as the country does need to seperate. From what I read on these boards, there is a lot of distrust and enmity between the tribes.

P.S
Is distrust normal in Nigerian society as it seems no-one trusts anyone or anything. Quite sad really.

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi Pays Tribute To Ojukwu / North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . / New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.