Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Nigeria Air Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Air Force (1595 Views)

Possible Locations Of Chibok Girls Identified - Nigeria Air Force / Nigeria Air Force Begins War On South-south Militants / NEMA Launches Nigeria's Air Ambulance, First Of Its Kind In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Air Force by ultimos: 1:36am On Oct 11, 2007
wat do u guys know about the nig air force.in terms of equipment training etc.i bumped into their web site some days back & got these pics.they ar not that bad.
Re: The Nigeria Air Force by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Oct 11, 2007
Where are the Pictures?? All I know is that every now and then some soldiers from here go down there to train the men in use of equipments and other skills. Plus, they recently acquired some new fighter planes.
Re: The Nigeria Air Force by fola007: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2007
I learnt nigeria recently purchased some 2nd generation out of fashion combat aircrafts from china. I wonder what prompted such a bad choice or maybe it was just another way to get money into private pocket. F-7 fighter jet for all I know was commissioned way back in the sixties and has since been decommisioned by the chinese airforce.Do we have leaders that think ? you tell me , why would u purchase aircrafts that have no air superiority in mordern day warfare and no spare parts ? What a toothless acclaimed giant of africa we are. Fola
Re: The Nigeria Air Force by mazaje(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2007
fola007:

I learnt nigeria recently purchased some 2nd generation out of fashion combat aircrafts from china. I wonder what prompted such a bad choice or maybe it was just another way to get money into private pocket. F-7 fighter jet for all I know was commissioned way back in the sixties and has since been decommisioned by the chinese airforce.Do we have leaders that think ? you tell me , why would u purchase aircrafts that have no air superiority in mordern day warfare and no spare parts ? What a toothless acclaimed giant of africa we are. Fola

This is stupidly preposterous, who will service theĀ  fighter jets? where are the spare parts to maintain them? our leadears are so stupid to the extent that they just can't sit and reason like normal human beings. don't they know that they are putting the lives of the pilots at risk? any way theĀ  fighter jets were not purchased to defend our nation or our borders but to fight off the rebels in the niger-delta so in the governments thinking why should they spend so much in buying sophisticated and dependable fighter jets that will be used in squelching the resistance from the rebels.
Re: The Nigeria Air Force by idupaul: 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2007
The F7 is a chinese rendition of the MIG-21 with more recent cckpt avionics, Although its not an aircraft to boast of, I think the nigerian govt choose it because of its easy maintenance and simple power plant at the rear, Though the F7 cant stand modern superiority fighters (RAPTOR or EURO FIGHTER) it is ok to protect our airspace from sub regional threat,
Re: The Nigeria Air Force by deor03(m): 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2007
with due respect to all the professional soldier, i don't think we need to invest so much in the military if the level of security in nigeria is anything to go by.
however i saw those picture on their website too and they were ok. But the mitary need to be PROACTIVE and not just sit in the mess and drink beer
Re: The Nigeria Air Force by Mariory(m): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2007
idupaul:

The F7 is a chinese rendition of the MIG-21 with more recent cckpt avionics, Although its not an aircraft to boast of, I think the nigerian govt choose it because of its easy maintenance and simple power plant at the rear, Though the F7 can't stand modern superiority fighters (RAPTOR or EURO FIGHTER) it is ok to protect our airspace from sub regional threat,

Plus I believe it is a stop-gap measure. That is, to replace the outdated MIG 21s rather than overhaul the MIG 21 fleet which would have cost more.
Re: The Nigeria Air Force by folahann(m): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2007
Remember this is Nigeria in Africa

(1) (Reply)

Police Battle Prostitutes In Abuja / Kidnapping Took Over Anambra State. / Another Pipeline Explosion In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.