Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale (6144 Views)

Like New 17 Inch Apple Macbook, 500/4G, Intel Core i7 Available @ 225k / Cheap New apple Mac Book Air , core i5 ,11 inches ,13 inches,warranty / How Much Is a Brand New Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch Laptop Sold In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
This laptop was used in France for 4 months. It is still new and in perfect working condition. The laptop is in Lagos. Please call 08099876049 if you are interested.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by azoo: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
how much and price??
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2012
The price is negotiable but the starting price is 95,000 naira.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by Africankel(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2012
Send pictures and last price to kelmaxart@me.com
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2012
Noted. I'll send the pics tomorrow.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by kponmo: 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2012
send pics to my mail walexmacgrady@yahoo.com, also is it the latest macbook pro 2010 or 2011 what version,
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by ariyebaba(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2012
specs please,
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by hadecunleh: 1:05am On Jan 24, 2012
Bros put spec and pix here or email to adekunle_adekola@hotmail.com
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 4:00am On Jan 24, 2012
I have tried to upload the pics here but I was told the file was too large. I dont know how to reduce the file size to meet the requirement of NL. I have sent the pictures to all the email addresses of those who have requested and I would send to the pictures to anyone who would request for it until someone buys it.

Thank you.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sheyai: 6:51am On Jan 24, 2012
Pls send pix and specs to stevejay2010@aol.com
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 8:10am On Jan 24, 2012
sovpounds:

I have tried to upload the pics here but I was told the file was too large. I dont know how to reduce the file size to meet the requirement of NL. I have sent the pictures to all the email addresses of those who have requested and I would send to the pictures to anyone who would request for it until someone buys it.

Thank you.

Specs are far more important than pics, to be honest. All unibody Macbook Pros look exactly the same.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2012
Here are the specifications, model name - macbook pro. Model identifier - macbook pro 2.2. Processor name - intel core 2 duo. Processor speed - 2.33 GHz. Number of processors - 1. L2 cache - 4MB. Memory - 2GB. System Version - mac os x 10.6.8 (10K549). Webcam - yes.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by centiyke: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2012
Hi, will it go for 90k. If yes , call me on 08030853921. I appreciate if u do so,thanks, u can also send detail of it to ( centiyke01@aol.com ).
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
sovpounds:

Here are the specifications, model name - macbook pro. Model identifier - macbook pro 2.2. Processor name - intel core 2 duo. Processor speed - 2.33 GHz. Number of processors - 1. L2 cache - 4MB. Memory - 2GB. System Version - mac os x 10.6.8 (10K549). Webcam - yes.

Ah. That's a 2008 (or at best 2009) Macbook Pro. The clock speed is most likely 2.53 Ghz and not the 2.33 Ghz you're quoting.

I refuse to believe a 2008/2009 Macbook pro is just 4 months old.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 3:32am On Jan 25, 2012
texazzpete:

Ah. That's a 2008 (or at best 2009) Macbook Pro. The clock speed is most likely 2.53 Ghz and not the 2.33 Ghz you're quoting.

I refuse to believe a 2008/2009 Macbook pro is just 4 months old.

Anybody who would buy the laptop would look at it despite the pictures I am sending. I do not expect anybody to pay money for a laptop without having a good look at it. All the details about the laptop are correct the Processor speed is [b]2.33 GHz [/b]I got the details from where it is written on the laptop. Apple cannot be wrong about their product while you are correct.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by mxxpunkxx: 4:13am On Jan 25, 2012
sovpounds:

Anybody who would buy the laptop would look at it despite the pictures I am sending. I do not expect anybody to pay money for a laptop without having a good look at it. All the details about the laptop are correct the Processor speed is 2.33 GHz [/b]I got the details from where it is written on the laptop. [size=18pt][b]Apple cannot be wrong about their product while you are correct.[/size]

lmao
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2012
sovpounds:

Anybody who would buy the laptop would look at it despite the pictures I am sending. I do not expect anybody to pay money for a laptop without having a good look at it. All the details about the laptop are correct the Processor speed is [b]2.33 GHz [/b]I got the details from where it is written on the laptop. Apple cannot be wrong about their product while you are correct.

I had assumed that it was the aluminium Unibody model. As far as I know, there's no 2.33 Ghz model for the 15 inch Macbook pro Unibody line (on sale since late 2008). I also did a quick check on the internet to confirm. Either you copied it wrong or the laptop is even older than the Unibody line.

Doing a check on the model identifier (MacBookPro2,2) you provided tells me that this is a 2007 Macbook Pro. This is the pre-Unibody model and it is not conceivable that this laptop could have been used for only 4 months. It has been out of sale for years now.

Telling a lie to sell a product is rather unfortunate.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2012
'you assumed', 'you made a quick check on the internet'. Yet in your first post on this thread you presented your self as an expert who knows everything about apple processor speeds even more than apple the manufacturers. You are one of the group of people who do 'quick checks' on the internet get information and come to nairaland and present themselves as 'experts'. I do not claim that i know all and i do not know if the laptop is a 2007, 2008 or 2009 model. I wish a genuine person with knowledge about this would make a comment about this. My friend who lives in france told me he used it for 4 months and i remember i told him that even if he used it for 2 weeks as long as he wants me to sell it in naija the price would be significantly less than the cost price.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2012
sovpounds:

'you assumed', 'you made a quick check on the internet'. Yet in your first post on this thread you presented your self as an expert who knows everything about apple processor speeds even more than apple the manufacturers. You are one of the group of people who do 'quick checks' on the internet get information and come to nairaland and present themselves as 'experts'. I do not claim that i know all and i do not know if the laptop is a 2007, 2008 or 2009 model. I wish a genuine person with knowledge about this would make a comment about this. My friend who lives in france told me he used it for 4 months and i remember i told him that even if he used it for 2 weeks as long as he wants me to sell it in naija the price would be significantly less than the cost price.

Don't be a dolt!

I had to make an assumption (as anyone with a brain would do) because you happily refused to eliminate any speculation by uploading the photos. Even the specs you provided was not nearly detailed enough, omitting key items like the Hard disk size and the dedicated GPU.
naturally, anyone who knows anything about tech would assume that you were selling the Unibody version since you stressed that the laptop was just used for 4 months and was still 'new'.

I have never put myself as an 'expert' but as far as tech is concerned, I can confidently hold my own with the best on Nairaland, as people who know me here will easily attest.

Since when did consulting the internet to fill knowledge gaps become a bad thing? You were the one who listed specs for a relatively ancient laptop.

Anyway, i'm glad to report that I was wrong. The Macbook Pro 2,2 model is actually a late 2006 model, released October 2006 and discontinued in June 2007. So this Laptop was discontinued by Apple nearly 5 years ago. Yet you claim that this was just used for 4 months.

Want my 'expert' opinion? Anybody who really wants to plunk down 95K for a nearly 6 year old laptop with a measly 2GB RAM should have his/her brains checked. Also the 'new' and '4 months used' claims are lies.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 4:22am On Jan 26, 2012
texazzpete:

Don't be a dolt!

I had to make an assumption (as anyone with a brain would do) because you happily refused to eliminate any speculation by uploading the photos. Even the specs you provided was not nearly detailed enough, omitting key items like the Hard disk size and the dedicated GPU.
naturally, anyone who knows anything about tech would assume that you were selling the Unibody version since you stressed that the laptop was just used for 4 months and was still 'new'.

I have never put myself as an 'expert' but as far as tech is concerned, I can confidently hold my own with the best on Nairaland, as people who know me here will easily attest.

Since when did consulting the internet to fill knowledge gaps become a bad thing? You were the one who listed specs for a relatively ancient laptop.

Anyway, i'm glad to report that I was wrong. The Macbook Pro 2,2 model is actually a late 2006 model, released October 2006 and discontinued in June 2007. So this Laptop was discontinued by Apple nearly 5 years ago. Yet you claim that this was just used for 4 months.

Want my 'expert' opinion? Anybody who really wants to plunk down 95K for a nearly 6 year old laptop with a measly 2GB RAM should have his/her brains checked. Also the 'new' and '4 months used' claims are lies.

How do you expect me to believe any word you say? First you claimed that the processor speed is not a 2.33 GHz, then you did a [b]'quick check' [/b]on the internet and declared that the laptop is a 2007 mac book pro, then now you are [b]'glad to report that you were wrong' [/b]and you claim that its now a 2006 mac book pro. probably in your next post you would declare it a 2004 mac book pro.

You try to present your self as an expert and a 'know all' but you have changed your position and made false claims. I would rather listen to another person than believe any word you say. When I have time I would visit Computer Village Ikeja and find out the truth.

Just a piece of advice, dont claim to know everything because you dont. If you were an expert as you claimed you wont have given these conflicting answers.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 7:12am On Jan 26, 2012
sovpounds:

How do you expect me to believe any word you say? First you claimed that the processor speed is not a 2.33 GHz, then you did a [b]'quick check' [/b]on the internet and declared that the laptop is a 2007 mac book pro, then now you are [b]'glad to report that you were wrong' [/b]and you claim that its now a 2006 mac book pro. probably in your next post you would declare it a 2004 mac book pro.

You try to present your self as an expert and a 'know all' but you have changed your position and made false claims. I would rather listen to another person than believe any word you say. When I have time I would visit Computer Village Ikeja and find out the truth.

Just a piece of advice, dont claim to know everything because you dont. If you were an expert as you claimed you wont have given these conflicting answers.

After posting a detailed explanation on the difficulty i had in reaching an informed conclusion (thanks to your own conflicting information), you still post this tripe again? In addition to a penchant for false advertisement it seems you cannot comprehend basic written English.

If you want complete information about how ancient your 'like new' laptop is, check this link below

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/index-macbookpro.html

Instead of coming up with a convincing explanation of how come a 2006 Macbook Pro which was discontinued by Apple in 2007 could be just 4 months used and still 'new', you're here attacking someone who is far more knowledgeable than yourself in these matters.

At least unlike you i've known how to resize an image since 2001. If you cannot manage even this simple task i suggest you keep quiet and respectfully listen and learn.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2012
The problem is you are too proud to admit you have made mistakes. Any neutral person reading this thread knows you have made a mistake more than once. I could not reduce the size of a file and i admitted it but you believe you know everything. Even when i told you that i wrote the specifications correctly from the system you still insisted that i was wrong. I am happy i have proved to you that you do not know more than apple the manufacturers. Learn to accept when you make errors.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 9:16am On Jan 26, 2012
sovpounds:

The problem is you are too proud to admit you have made mistakes. Any neutral person reading this thread knows you have made a mistake more than once. I could not reduce the size of a file and i admitted it but you believe you know everything. Even when i told you that i wrote the specifications correctly from the system you still insisted that i was wrong. I am happy i have proved to you that you do not know more than apple the manufacturers. Learn to accept when you make errors.

Any mistakes on my part are completely due to your lies.

It is inconceivable that any pre-Unibody Macbook Pro be just 4 months used. YOU were the one who stated that your laptop was 4 months used and was 'still new'. The first unibody Macbook pro came out in late 2008 and DID NOT ship with a 2.33 Ghz processor. The natural assumption is that your figure was a typo and you meant the 2.53 Ghz processor (which shipped with the 2008 model).
I never claimed to 'know more than Apple'. You on the other hand were the one telling everyone in your OP that a long-discontinued laptop was purchased not long ago.

The ancient laptop you're selling was sold from Q4 2006 to mid 2007. 2007 or 2006, you're just nitpicking. The bottom line is that you lied in your initial post to sell an ancient laptop to unwary buyers. At this stage your credibility has to be called to question.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2012
You are the one whose credibility has to be called to question because you have made contradicting statements. Any one buying the laptop would look at it and test it so i am not trying to deceive anybody. I am happy you are gradually admitting that you made mistakes.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
sovpounds:

You are the one whose credibility has to be called to question because you have made contradicting statements. Any one buying the laptop would look at it and test it so i am not trying to deceive anybody. I am happy you are gradually admitting that you made mistakes.

Keep sticking to this doltish point of view. I am not the one who had to tell a lie to make a sale.

The link I posted should show anyone beyond a shadow of doubt that this is a late 2006 model which was discontinued in 2007.

Enough of the rigmarole and smokescreens. Tell us how a Laptop discontinued by Apple in June 2007 is now only 4 months used!
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2012
I maintain that there is no attempt to cheat anybody. Anyone who would buy the laptop or anything would look at it test it and make his or her judgement. The person does not need the opinion of a 'self-proclaimed expert'. Someone has just made an offer of 85,000 naira. If the laptop is as ancient as you claim would i get that kind of offer? The laptop would be sold at a good price irrespective of your opinion.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2012
sovpounds:

I maintain that there is no attempt to cheat anybody. Anyone who would buy the laptop or anything would look at it test it and make his or her judgement. The person does not need the opinion of a 'self-proclaimed expert'. Someone has just made an offer of 85,000 naira. If the laptop is as ancient as you claim would i get that kind of offer? The laptop would be sold at a good price irrespective of your opinion.

'As ancient as i claim'? Shebi you know how to use the internet? Go to the link I provided and check to see what year your Macbook pro was put on sale.

You'd better grab that offer of 85k, no doubt made by a simpleton with more money than brains.

Once again, If you maintain that you are not out to deceive people, tell us how a 2006/2007 Macbook Pro can be '4 months used' in 2012.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 3:17am On Jan 27, 2012
texazzpete:

'As ancient as i claim'? Shebi you know how to use the internet? Go to the link I provided and check to see what year your Macbook pro was put on sale.

You'd better grab that offer of 85k, no doubt made by a simpleton with more money than brains.

Once again, If you maintain that you are not out to deceive people, tell us how a 2006/2007 Macbook Pro can be '4 months used' in 2012.

Thank you for your advice, it would likely be sold today.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by mxxpunkxx: 2:36am On Jan 29, 2012
texazzpete:

dont be such a m0r0n, sorry oh, just kiddin
d laptop was manufactured in late 07, and he prolly bought it by 08.
went over to the bank and opened an account. instead of making a cash deposit, he used d laptop . . COMMERCIAL BANK OF FRANCE grin grin grin
the interest rate was very low and 5 months ago, he decided to close the account/ but he got an extra 300MB of core as interest
dats why d laptop now has a 2.3GHz processor. what else u wanna know?

@inspired_m
abeg come help us check the VIN of this laptop in dispute ohh grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by texazzpete(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2012
mxxpunkxx:

dont be such a m0r0n, sorry oh, just kiddin
d laptop was manufactured in late 07, and he prolly bought it by 08.
went over to the bank and opened an account. instead of making a cash deposit, he used d laptop . . COMMERCIAL BANK OF FRANCE grin grin grin
the interest rate was very low and 5 months ago, he decided to close the account/ but he got an extra 300MB of core as interest
dats why d laptop now has a 2.3GHz processor. what else u wanna know?

@inspired_m
abeg come help us check the VIN of this laptop in dispute ohh grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Model identifier (Macbook pro 2,2) is unique and easily functions as the 'VIN' for this laptop. it's the late 2006 model, phased out by mid 2007.
In tech circles, this laptop is ancient and it beggars belief how a phased out laptop in 2007 suddenly is on sale in 2012 as 'four months used'.
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by sovpounds(m): 3:24am On Feb 01, 2012
texazzpete:

The Model identifier (Macbook pro 2,2) is unique and easily functions as the 'VIN' for this laptop. it's the late 2006 model, phased out by mid 2007.
In tech circles, this laptop is ancient and it beggars belief how a phased out laptop in 2007 suddenly is on sale in 2012 as 'four months used'.

The laptop has been sold for 85,000 naira. Now we can settle our differences. I would look out for you on other threads. wink
Re: Fairly Used 15 Inch Apple Mac Book Pro For Sale by cut3cub3(m): 2:01am On Jun 12, 2013
pls send pics to me too. sidneyiz@yahoo.com. thanks. im interested
sovpounds: Noted. I'll send the pics tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

New Htc Sensation 60k,White HTC Vivid 60k htc Inspire 42k / Advert Closed Iphone 7 128GB Wifi Only 25k / CCTV Camera With DVR With 15 Camera For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.