Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? (1608 Views)

I'm Obsessed With Ted Dekker Novels. Are You? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? by cashmentor(m): 11:36pm On Jan 22, 2012
Empower yourself with Motivational, Self Developmental and Biograhic Books! Imagine if Dangote, Bill Gates, Steve Job, Mary Kay Ash, Oprah, Donald Trump, Jay Z, 2Face, Armani, Warren Buffet, M.I, Asa, Thomas Edison etc, imagine if these guys waste those precious times reading empty Novel? It's fun u might say? Or, i read Novels with my free time? Wake up! There is no free time, equip urself with Good book during those so call free time and see changes all around u- even your dog will notice! Empower yourself by climbing on the shoulders of great men and women- through their books, tapes and Biography!
Re: Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? by LarrySun(m): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2012
What has been putting the asinine idea that novel isn't worthwhile? Sorry, you still have a lot to learn. I'm sure Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi, Wole Soyinka and every other lovers of literature and creativity would see you as daft.

1 Like

Re: Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? by dominique(f): 10:58am On Jan 30, 2012
Poster, you can't expect everybody to read a particular style of books. We all have our personal favorites and preferences when it comes to books. Critisizing someone because of their choice is just wrong. Hard as i try to read non-fiction (biography, inspirational etc) i get bored halfway and i go back to my original choice of suspense thrillers.

1 Like

Re: Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? by tpia5: 2:59am On Feb 11, 2012
poster you do know oprah has a book club, right?

1 Like

Re: Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? by cashmentor(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
Larry-Sun:
What has been putting the asinine idea that novel isn't worthwhile? Sorry, you still have a lot to learn. I'm sure Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi, Wole Soyinka and every other lovers of literature and creativity would see you as daft.
oh, really! What u ought to have done was to ask me the kinds of Novels i'm talking about, and those folks u just mentioned are certainly exempted, coz they're kind of a Political and global event Niche Writers! Thanks!!
Re: Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? by cashmentor(m): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
dominique: Poster, you can't expect everybody to read a particular style of books. We all have our personal favorites and preferences when it comes to books. Critisizing someone because of their choice is just wrong. Hard as i try to read non-fiction (biography, inspirational etc) i get bored halfway and i go back to my original choice of suspense thrillers.
it's great to know that u read good books, why i brought this up is that, once in a while, we put up seminars for youths and young minds....we discovered that most youth would rather spend over 1 hr each day reading romance and adventous Novels than read even their text books not to talk of reading a non-fiction book, and my guess is that, they copy these habits from their parents and peers: thus, one begins to wonder why the sudden mass failures in major exams in Nigeria! In as much as i respect everyone's choice of books they read, i still belive Novels will not bring out the best in US and in our KIDs!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Greatest Shakespeare Plays / Short Story (fiction) / The Little Girl In Blue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.