Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,532 members, 7,850,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

Boko Harams Didn't Strike During Subsidy Protests: Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Harams Didn't Strike During Subsidy Protests: Why? (623 Views)

See How Nigerian Army Torture Boko Harams / Boko Harams Abubakar Shekau NOT DEAD / Boko Haram Threatens To Strike During Yakowa's Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Harams Didn't Strike During Subsidy Protests: Why? by maasoap(m): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2012
I've been thinking about it for some time, why did they lay low througout the one week subsidy protests? Are they sensitive to the plight of Nigerians? Are they more political than religious in nature? Or, they just decided not to discredit the protests? I knew that many pro-GEJ and pro-subsidy removal would have prefered them to strike during the protests to drive home their points, but God shamed them, BH shamed them. Please don't crucify me, I'm neither their sympathizer nor apologist. But if told to make a choice between them and Nigeria Police, , That would have been a difficult task because I hate NP.
Re: Boko Harams Didn't Strike During Subsidy Protests: Why? by aljharem(m): 10:04am On Jan 23, 2012
Because they were scared that the country was uniting under the hatred for Boko haram. Although the protest against boko haram was rendered useless since Like of Beaf made the protest of political issue, while likes of Obiagu, and other igbos  made it a tribal issue.

Of course Boko haram is back out to do what they do best since we are to dumb in the country to do the right thing without ethnic sentiment etc.
Re: Boko Harams Didn't Strike During Subsidy Protests: Why? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:57am On Jan 23, 2012
That they didn't strike during the protests could be a pointer to the fact that this is more ethno-political than religious. They hoped the protesters would help them get shot of that 'fisherman angry', so they took a siddon-dey-look approach to see how everything would pan out.
When it became clear the President had survived the protest, the boko bastards were livid with anger. Hence in frustration, they went for broke and showed their hand in Kano, all guns blazing.
Re: Boko Harams Didn't Strike During Subsidy Protests: Why? by maasoap(m): 11:08am On Jan 23, 2012
Only God knows what we would have achieved with that protests had some people not seen it as ethnically and politically motivated. The protests had fizzled out before they realised that it was beyond subsidy removal only. Yes, of course because they can't beyond their nose.
Re: Boko Harams Didn't Strike During Subsidy Protests: Why? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 23, 2012
because no petrol to fuel the bomb ( scarcity) undecided

(1) (Reply)

2012 Budget: Fg To Spend N27m On Each Dpr Staff. / What Is The Academic And Rational Argument For The Dis Integration Of Nigeria! / Al-mustapha’s Conviction A Conspiracy - Arewa Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.