Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Abia State -another Tranche Of Four Billion Naira Released To Road Contractors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State -another Tranche Of Four Billion Naira Released To Road Contractors (578 Views)

11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate / Buhari Takes First Tranche Of World Bank Loan As Predicted / Wikileak: Nigeria A Failed State, Another Pakistan In The Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia State -another Tranche Of Four Billion Naira Released To Road Contractors by patrikobi: 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2012
Another Tranche of four billion Naira released to Road Contractors
Another Tranche of four billion Naira released to Road Contractors
Abia State Governor has released the sum of 4 billion Naira to contractors handling over fourty roads projects across the State.
In a press statement in Umuahia, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor Ugochukwu Emezue hinted that Governor Orji stated that the little delay in the release of the money this month was as a result of the strike embarked upon by the organised Labour over the removal of the Oil subsidy.
Now that the second tranche of the money for the projects has been released, Chief Orji wants the contractors to intensify work. So as to complete the projects before the rainy season sets in.
Chief Orji directed contractors yet to return to site to do so immediately.
According to the Governor, these road projects are very dear to the people of the state; hence all efforts must be made to meet the deadline.
The Governor disclosed that, he will continue to physically monitor these projects to ensure they are not only completed, but built to the required standards and specifications.
“These days I don’t stay in the office again, I inspect these road projects daily to ensure that I satisfy the people that elected me. I’m sorry those who come to see me in office these days may be disappointed”
The Governor appealed to those who are experiencing difficulties as these projects go on, especially road users to be patient while the construction lasts.
Ugochukwu Emezue

Chief Press Secretary . CULLED FROM http://www.abiastate.gov.ng/2012/01/another-tranche-of-four-billion-naira-released-to-road-contractors/

Re: Abia State -another Tranche Of Four Billion Naira Released To Road Contractors by ReachRich(m): 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2012
N4b released to thieves & sycophants.Nothing is happening in Abia.God save us.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Says Northern Governors Give Them Monthly Allowance / Burned Biscuits / Ex Boko Haram Leader, Now Converted To The Christian, Fingers Ibb And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.