Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Ibori: Why Delta Govt Went To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori: Why Delta Govt Went To Court (801 Views)

Why Delta's Debt Profile Is Low, By Obiago / Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days / Why Delta-north Should Produce Governor In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ibori: Why Delta Govt Went To Court by desgiezd(m): 9:32am On Oct 12, 2007
Imagine this nonsense, the Delta State Government said it went to court in order to stop EFCC from freezing its accounts as a result of investigations of Ibori. The question is:

How would EFCC freeze a current government's account in order to investigate a past government vis-a-vis past withdrawals from the accounts? - I think the DSG is standing logic on its head

According to The Punch Newspaper "The EFCC had in a letter dated June 6, 2007 requested the Secretary to the State Government to furnish it with the details of security vote since 1999 till date. The anti-graft body also demanded the details of all awarded contracts above N50m, loans procured from banks from 1999 till date and the disbursement of allocations of local governments‘ joints accounts."

While the government is doing all it can to protect Ibori, they want us to believe that what they are doing is to stop EFCC from freezing its bank accounts. That government is not sincere. Even if their accounts are frozen, there is always a recourse to the courts as Lagos State did a couple of years back when EFCC frozen its account and they won the case.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20071012245660
Re: Ibori: Why Delta Govt Went To Court by ono(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2007
But I thought they have all the figures with them. They knew how much the man is worth, they also know the details of all the money spent by him in building the refineries he has in South Africa, Dubai and even Malaysia. They also know how much he spent in buying his estate in London. How did they arrive at 75 Million pounds as the total sum of money stolen by Ibori while he was in government if they do not know the figures in the first place?

Or are they trying to compare the state account (which I suppose they have access to) to what will come from the state government?

I don't get it.

(1) (Reply)

( Video ) Ibb On June 12 Annulment / For Better Health, Avoid Roasted Groundnuts, Go For Boiled One Instead / Operation: Positive Nigerian Image - Join The Revolution Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.