Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,503 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion (1131 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / To All Atheists. Once And For All.. / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2012
To all the atheists out there,what will you do if rapture is real and people actually disappear on that day? Lets put away all your doubts for a second and assume its 100% going to happen and that people will be judged by God when they die. What will you do and most importantly, how will you FEEL?
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Lasinoh: 10:06am On Jan 25, 2012
Absolutely nothing! Fear of the unknown is for the weak and illiterate. kiss
Will enjoy the disappearance of my fellow rapturees! cry
Just lemme know where the parrry at. cool

Who gives half a phock?
I only care about NOW! cool
You can worry about the rest sugar. kiss
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by thehomer: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2012
jacobscros:

To all the atheists out there,what will you do if rapture is real and people actually disappear on that day? Lets put away all your doubts for a second and assume its 100% going to happen and that people will be judged by God when they die. What will you do and most importantly, how will you FEEL?

Is this the sort of approach that convinced you? This is simply a poor emotional argument.
I could pose a question to you e.g how would you feel if Jupiter was going to crash into the earth? Put away your doubts and assume 100% that it is going to happen, how will you feel?
Asking people to suspend rational thought is a terrible way to start a serious discussion on issues to be taken as being real.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
jacobscros:

Great question. I'll grab Snow White and a couple of the dwarves, and climb on top of Jack's bean stalk to get a better view of Christians rising up into the ionosphere where Jesus' legion of angels will be waiting.

On the other hand, if they just disappear, I'll go take my invicible pills and disappear too.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2012
I beg you guys in the name of God to please pray for forgiveness and accept Jesus into ur lives cry before its too late. Once the ship sails there will be suffering beyond comprehension on earth . What I don't understand is how u can believe in juju but not in God. God saved me from serious spiritual attacks I was constantly having and my mission is to try to show u that there is a spiritual realm and u WILL pay for ur refusal to believe and trust in the omnipotent creator.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by plaetton: 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
jacobscros:

I beg you guys in the name of God to please pray for forgiveness and accept Jesus into ur lives cry before its too late. Once the ship sails there will be suffering beyond comprehension on earth . What I don't understand is how u can believe in juju but not in God. God saved me from serious spiritual attacks I was constantly having and my mission is to try to show u that there is a spiritual realm and u WILL pay for ur refusal to believe and trust in the omnipotent creator.

What a Joker. If christianity is all about irrationality and delusions, then NO THANKS. So one should beleive in God to save one from spiritual attacks? Why did the spiritual attacks not kill you? Did they maim you in any way? So the fear of being left on this beautiful earth is your religious motivation?
Our ancestors were derided for their superstitious beliefs, but now, I believe the you simply replaced old superstitious beliefs with bigger , more fantastic ones.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by LogicMind: 1:44am On Jan 26, 2012
religious people always make me laugh.

jacobscros:

Who told you I didn't want to suffer beyond comprehension on earth?
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2012
plaetton:

What a Joker. If christianity is all about irrationality and delusions, then NO THANKS. So one should beleive in God to save one from spiritual attacks? Why did the spiritual attacks not kill you? Did they maim you in any way? So the fear of being left on this beautiful earth is your religious motivation?
Our ancestors were derided for their superstitious beliefs, but now, I believe the you simply replaced old superstitious beliefs with bigger , more fantastic ones.
no once you experience Gods mercy and love you realise that the good path is the best one. All that will happen when u get left behind u will suffer pain and grow boils all over ur body and will be tormented by scorpions if u don't accept the mark of the beast 666
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
I like this 'If' statement. 'If' rapture happens - it's all in your brain for now grin
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2012
Logic Mind:

religious people always make me laugh.

Who told you I didn't want to suffer beyond comprehension on earth?

You make us laugh even harder !!
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by LogicMind: 1:41am On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

You make us laugh even harder !!

No. I irritate you. You know why? 'cos your god is powerless, inexistant.
I challenge you. Tell me one thing your god can do this week. Just 1. Don't go hiding behind everyday things like "he will make the sun shine". That won't convince anybody.
I mean it. I give you and your god a challenge. Convince me and I will change my ways and follow you.

ONLY 1 THING
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by ramalot(m): 6:15am On Jan 27, 2012
smiley
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by EvilBrain1(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
I consider myself to be a rationalist. I don't believe in god(s) because it doesn't make sense to based on the best information available to me. If the rapture were to occur, and there were no better explanation for it other than the religious one, then I'll swallow my pride and join religion.

If the skies were to part today and God was to poke his head through and say hi, I'd apologize for doubting him and follow whatever religion he prefers. I'll probably also start secretly researching ways to neutralize or defeat him since the bible clearly shows that he is a mass-murdering psycho who can't be trusted not to try and wipe out humanity again.

Atheism is not based on sentiment or gut feeling. It's base on pure common sense. Atheists believe in dinosaurs becaus we've found their bones and eggs and footprints. We have evidence that they once existed. If we could find god's footprints we'd believe in him too.

I'm waiting for the inevitable simpletons who will now claim that they saw "the hand of god" in church or in the market ir something.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by emofine2(f): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
First of all I'm not an "atheist" but if the rapture did occur then how many so called Christians will make it themselves?
And to be honest I'm actually more interested in how such an individual will feel if they didn't make it after adhering to that particular faith.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by manmustwac(m): 5:33pm On Jan 27, 2012
@topic
What is rapture?
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
manmustwac:

@topic
What is rapture?
Rapture is the beginning day of the earths final judgement by God where those who believe Jesus died for their sins and practice righteous living are taken up into the heavens spiritually by Christ while everyone else is left on earth is left to face the wrath of God.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by dalaman: 6:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
jacobscros:

Rapture is the beginning day of the earths final judgement by God where those who believe Jesus died for their sins and practice righteous living are taken up into the heavens spiritually by Christ while everyone else is left on earth is left to face the wrath of God.

Where does the part in bold written in the Bible? Chapter and verse please.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by manmustwac(m): 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
@jacobcross
Well then if that's what's rapture is then am 100% convinced that rapture will never happen. Have you seen any visible signs recently to let you know that this supposedly rapture is near?
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2012
jacobscros:

Just listen to yourself. do you sound intelligent? So a man, paul, said there will be rapture, we dont know if he was drunk, high on dope, excited, had a dream on top of his brain, you just carry am put for head.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2012
diluminati:

Just listen to yourself. do you sound intelligent? So a man, paul, said there will be rapture, we dont know if he was drunk, high on drugs, excited, had a dream on top of his brain, you just carry am put for head.
my friend some of the things I have experienced have bin crazy so I will believe such. When u are spiritually awake u know what's up. I have had evil spirits attack me and try to kill me numerous times so that's enough evidence that a spiritual realm exists. I have also fealt my spirit leaving my body when I was suffering hypertension and my spirit was affecting people near me to the point where they started feeling heart attack also and an oyinbo woman who was suffering pain in her heart from my spirits pull confessed to me that she was a witchcraft practicer.
Re: Attention All Atheists: Rapture Discussion by LogicMind: 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
jacobscros:

my friend some of the things I have experienced have bin crazy so I will believe such. When u are spiritually awake u know what's up. I have had evil spirits attack me and try to kill me numerous times so that's enough evidence that a spiritual realm exists. I have also fealt my spirit leaving my body when I was suffering hypertension and my spirit was affecting people near me to the point where they started feeling heart attack also and an oyinbo woman who was suffering pain in her heart from my spirits pull confessed to me that she was a witchcraft practicer.

Do you relate with this song?

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMO72KRoL4Y?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

What Part Of Your Body Goes To Heaven First / How Pastors Defraud Their Church Members (hidden Truth). / The Power in the Word of God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.