Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel (2498 Views)

HELP: My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel. / 1999 Toyota Camry Consumes Too Much Fuel / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by idyidy: 11:55pm On Jan 24, 2012
Help, help
My 2001 camry consumes too much fuel. What could be the cause?
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by Mykellio: 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2012
is the exhaust in good condition? have it thoroughly checked.
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 25, 2012
idyidy:

Help, help
My 2001 camry consumes too much fuel. What could be the cause?

Bro, excessive fuel consumption is subjective.

How many kilometres / miles do you get from a full tank?
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by hapi4eva: 6:15am On Jan 25, 2012
I just got an offer for Registered 1996 Opel Astra 1.6l but my worry is i have never used or have someone who has used an OPEL products before. Pls can you enlightened me generally about the product. Thank you.
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by pannyman(m): 8:04am On Jan 25, 2012
@hapi4eva, why not do a search with google. I am sure a lot of info is available on the web for you on this car.
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by hapi4eva: 8:09am On Jan 25, 2012
i was hoping to find some info about the in nigeria. where i can get the parts? if the parts are affordable and if its easily fixed by most mechanics?
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 27, 2012
hapi4eva:

i was hoping to find some info about the in nigeria. where i can get the parts? if the parts are affordable and if its easily fixed by most mechanics?

Google will still help. It will also give you sources of parts, model-specific fora where you can sign up, and educate you on doing the more basic maintenance. So yeah, Googling is a good idea. Don't be lazy bro! wink
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by pannyman(m): 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ Siena, you are spot on. It will also help him to manage his mechanic better lest he ruins his car for him.
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by miccodb(m): 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2012
Siena:

Bro, excessive fuel consumption is subjective.

How many kilometres / miles do you get from a full tank?

oga siena u are right but most car users are ignorantof the methodology of arriving at these metrics but i believe the car is consuming so much cos i can see the frustration in the post. grin
@op is ur mil or check engine light illuminated? yes most likely so get the car scanned and codes pulled. most common for fuel consumption issue is missing CAT. plus check for exhaust and manifold leackage. thanks
if u want to get wat siena asked u may not need to buy a full tank wink u can buy half then take down your mileage and when your red retake the mileage and do the subtraction. come back to oga siena and he will give u pin point advice and recommendation
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by pannyman(m): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2012
The OBD scanner is the babalawo of the modern car. For 5,000 naira one can have their car scanned and the faults diagnosed to get to the root of the issue.

In November I had my '99 Camry V6 diagnosed after noticing consistent excessive fuel consumption over several weeks(about 30 per cent more) even though the "check" light had gone off. I did discuss this with Siena via Yahoo Messenger btw. The codes P1130 and P1135 came up. AF sensor, bank 1 was bad. The mechanic advised me to replace the two sensors. I bought both for 54,000 naira and had them fixed (they are so easy to replace btw) and the scan was done again the result was a clean bill of health. If I had my own scanner I would have replaced them myself.

The problem did not immediately go away, but after more than a month the fuel consumption returned to normal. @ Siena maybe you can shed some light as to why it took some time for the effect of the new air-fuel sensors to kick in.

@ OP, do a scan and find out what the problem is.
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by miccodb(m): 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ baba siena, i need to have a elic like u on my yahoo list too. abeg whats ur yahoo messenger id?
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
miccodb:

@ baba siena, i need to have a elic like u on my yahoo list too. abeg whats ur yahoo messenger id?

siena774 is my YIM.
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by hapi4eva: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
Thank u for ur word of advise Sienna, I reside in nigeria and google doesn't work with finding spare part stores in nigeria, dat why am seeking ur advise on the generally performers of 1996 model Opel astra 1.6l
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 28, 2012
hapi4eva:

Thank u for ur word of advise Sienna, I reside in nigeria and google doesn't work with finding spare part stores in nigeria, dat why am seeking ur advise on the generally performers of 1996 model Opel astra 1.6l

Performance of the '96 Opel Astra 1,6 can be found on the 'net. Performance is not unique to Nigeria, the reliability issues and performance will be the same worldwide.

A search will pull up LOADS of fora and discussion boards dedicated to owners of the make and model you're looking for, with testimonies, advice and tips from owners of the Opel Astra 1,6. And who says there are no Nigerians on these boards? I know lots of Nigerians in Nigeria, who are members of discussion boards. Ikenna351 of Nairaland is a prime example.
Re: Help. My Car Consumes 2 Much Fuel by ikeyman00(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2012
@@@@

nevermind goggle, from i what i gather in Nigeria that car spare parts arent easy to find that in most occassion as i was told the mechanics does construct the parts to fit in

dnt think goggle will do much in that respect

(1) (Reply)

Auto-upgrades That Don’t Really ‘upgrade’ / Lexus IS200 | Honda Accord 2004 | Toyota Avensis 2004 Which Is Best For 9ja / Amazing Facts Why Nigerians Love Japanese Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.