Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! (2250 Views)

"Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah / Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae / Military Seize Food, Logistics Meant For Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Beaf: 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Nigerian police station bombed in 'Boko Haram' attack[/size]
Gunmen believed to be members of Islamist sect fire on police station in city of Kano, where 185 people died in attacks last week

A child stands on a burnt-out police truck outside the attacked police station. Photograph: Sunday Alamba/AP

Suspected members of the radical Boko Haram Islamist sect attacked a police station in the Nigerian city of Kano on Tuesday – the city in which its co-ordinated attacks killed at least 185 people last week.

According to witnesses, gunmen surrounded the police station, in the Sheka neighbourhood.

They ordered civilians at shops and homes surrounding the station to get off the streets and began chanting "God is great" as they threw homemade bombs into the station and fired guns into the building.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, which followed the pattern of others carried out by Boko Haram, including the use of improvised explosives.

On Wednesday, the prison cells of the station stood open and blood could be seen on the floor of the local commander's private bathroom. Investigative files, apparently rifled through, covered the floors, and [size=13pt]youths outside waved an officer's uniform.

A crowd of cheering youths jumped up and down on top of a burned-out police truck. Others in the crowd, speaking in the local Hausa language, said they would kill any police officer who returned. Some asked journalists visiting the site whether they were Christians.

[/size]
Boko Haram, whose name means "western education is sacrilege" in Hausa, wants to implement strict Sharia law and avenge the deaths of Muslims in communal violence across Nigeria, a multi-ethnic nation of more than 160 million people split largely into a Christian south and Muslim north.

While the sect has begun targeting Christians in the north, [size=13pt]the majority of those killed on Friday appeared to be Muslim,[/size] officials said.

. . .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/25/nigerian-police-station-bombed-boko-haram?newsfeed=true
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Arosa(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
They are just ignorant kids. undecided
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by philip0906(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2012
Dat is what poverty and lack of education can do. . .until jonathan provides food,light,water,education,good health care system,jobs 4 their parents and give them hope, sense of belonging or feel of humans, these guyz could just grow up and become deadlier than boko haram
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Beaf: 4:28pm On Jan 25, 2012
Arosa:

They are just ignorant kids.  undecided

Because of the innocence of kids, you can find out what their parents think.
Those kids parents are saying exactly the same thing; kids always copy adults.
What do kids know about the "goodness" of killing policemen? Answer: what their parents taught them.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Abagworo(m): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2012
I think Nigerians generally hate the Police. I'm yet to ascertain why. They seem to prefer soldiers. Even here in Port Harcourt I have seen people say that a dead Policeman deserves it. The Police need to prove themselves.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Arosa(m): 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2012
Beaf:

What do kids know about the "goodness" of killing policemen? Answer: what their parents taught them.
I guess you are right, Beaf.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
Until GEJ stops eating Billion Dollar Meals, and his wife stops going on $13million Gold-Chain shopping sprees in Dubai, and money is used instead on education, this is what you will get.

How are these kids different from the Militants in the Niger-Delta? Or the Average Niger-Deltan that thinks "tribe-first"? Lol Why, because they probably read a little-better or can write a little better even if most-times their sentences are not coherent or comprehensible?! This is what you get when the money that is supposed to be spent on education is spent on $50million Newspapers, $15million Stationeries, $30million cutleries, renovating the 1st Lady's office for $50million and the V.P's for $75million etc

My man, stop putting your head in the sand. Nigerian Educational system has malfunctioned. None of you think rationally anymore. Think I'm lying? Look in the mirror. . . .
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Ufeolorun(m): 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
A kid on the street of Lagos will say the same about the Nigerian police,nobody likes them.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by youngmonie: 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
@ BEAF  if you remeber you comment on that wole soyinkas article on NL, and my response was that EDUCATION   would have been a  key factor in curbing this mencace, but for toooo long the elite have denied their people right to fundamental education and it is equally evident in this pic, ( Rather they are sent to all this islamic schools that feed their mind  with all sort of non sense).
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by youngmonie: 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
kingoflag:

Until GEJ stops eating Billion Dollar Meals, and his wife stops going on $13million Gold-Chain shopping sprees in Dubai, and money is used instead on education, this is what you will get.

How are these kids different from the Militants in the Niger-Delta? Or the Average Niger-Deltan that thinks "tribe-first"? Lol Why, because they probably read a little-better or can write a little better even if most-times their sentences are not coherent or comprehensible?! This is what you get when the money that is supposed to be spent on education is spent on $50million Newspapers, $15million Stationeries, $30million cutleries, renovating the 1st Lady's office for $50million and the V.P's for $75million etc

My man, stop putting your head in the sand. Nigerian Educational system has malfunctioned. None of you think rationally anymore. Think I'm lying? Look in the mirror. . . .

Im sorry this has nothing to do with GEJ eating 1billion naira food. This decay did not jus start today. What you see up there as a result of the northern elites denying their people quality education, rather they send their own kids to study abroad. And GEJ has shown his commitment to education by increasing the ministry of educations budget this year
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by oderemo(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2012
I think Nigerians generally hate the Police. I'm yet to ascertain why. They seem to prefer soldiers. Even here in Port Harcourt I have seen people say that a dead Policeman deserves it. The Police need to prove themselves.

you wonder y Nigerians hate the police farce? u are probably in the isle of bonny not port Harcourt cocoon in a burble rap, seriously.
dont u just think its insane and demeaning to the force that 20 liara tax they collect more often than req.
pls,.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by oderemo(m): 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2012

you wonder y Nigerians hate the police farce? u are probably in the isle of bonny not port Harcourt cocoon in a burble rap, seriously.
dont u just think its insane and demeaning to the force that 20 liara tax they collect more often than req.
pls,.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
youngmonie:

Im sorry  this has nothing to do with GEJ eating 1billion naira food. This decay did not jus start today. What you see up there as a result of the northern elites denying their people  quality education, rather they send their own kids to study abroad. And GEJ  has shown his commitment  to education  by increasing the ministry of educations budget this year

ROFLMAO

Reread my comment. Now read your retort. Do you now see why I say the Nigerian Educational System is in shambles and all those wasteful/unnecessary spending could have been put to good use in the Education(al) Sector instead of being used to ensure that Patience Jonathan maintains her porky stature?
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Anybaba: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2012
kingoflag:

Until GEJ stops eating Billion Dollar Meals, and his wife stops  going on $13million Gold-Chain shopping sprees in Dubai, and money is used instead on education, this is what you will get.

It is very easy to ascribe every wrong in the society to GEJ, after all he is the President. Except you are very young or indeed have not grown up in Nigeria, you will realize that violence against minorities and people of other religious persuasions have always been a forte of the core north. It has nothing to do with GEJ or the educational system but rather the culture and the religion. These must be put in perspective.
And quite unfortunately, this region equally held power for too long and it has evolved into a lazy sense of self entitlement that has now undermined national security. What is Boko Haram? It is just a definition of Northern religious extremism that has found new tools in the AK47 and IEDs. It is the tools that have changed not the culture. Then it was bows, arrows, swords and knives. But the killings and the violent tendencies have always, always been there !
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
Most NIGER DELTANS also supported militants even when they turned the region into a battlefield.So kini big deal ?
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by PapaBrowne(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
Some comments here are senseless!!

Boko Haram clearly means Western Education is Sin. So please tell me what kind of education the Government wants to give to a people who have been brainwashed to believe that Western Education is sin.

The Government Provides about equal allocation for education across the country. So why do some areas have 80%+ literacy rates while others have less than 15%.

Education is not the solution. And if at all it is, it would take another 20 years for it to begin to have impact!
Asides who said these kids aren't educated? They are well educated in Islamic studies and that seems like the education the Northern leaders prefer to bestow on their population!!
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
What the !!

I blame the wicked elite who have kept these children in ignorance.  undecided

Small children used to perpetuate hate , very worrying and sickening.

So much for their 'useless' leaders who do not give a monkies about them  sad
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Fhemmmy: 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
Beaf:

I bet to disagree, especially in a Nation like Nigeria where parents dont even know what the kids are doing nor what they thinking
In a nation where the parents are too busy partying and leaving the kids to raise themselves . . . . I dont agree that the acts of the kids do reflect the minds of the parents
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
That was the same way South South people openly supported MEND even Odechukwu retardeen became their spokesman
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
Anybaba:

It is very easy to ascribe every wrong in the society to GEJ, after all he is the President. [b]Except you are very young or indeed have not grown up in Nigeria, [/b]you will realize that violence against minorities and people of other religious persuasions have always been a forte of the core north. It has nothing to do with GEJ or the educational system but rather the culture and the religion. These must be put in perspective.
And quite unfortunately, this region equally held power for too long and it has evolved into a lazy sense of self entitlement that has now undermined national security. What is Boko Haram? It is just a definition of Northern religious extremism that has found new tools in the AK47 and IEDs. It is the tools that have changed not the culture. Then it was bows, arrows, swords and knives. But the killings and the violent tendencies have always, always been there !

Good way to ask my age and my place of birth/upbringing. Answer? Non-ya-damn-biz!!!

Go read up on my previous posts. See what I think about the Northern Leaders, their desire for power, whether I think they should be allowed in power ever again etc Also, go read up on my views on this so-called State called "Nigeria" and whether I think it should continue being or not if true Federalism is not practiced or if each Region/State is not allowed to manage their own resources as they deem. When you've done all that, you can then come back to me and preach why GEJ should be canonized and made Saint by the Vatican.

The problem is most Nigerians are blinded by tribalism. Just imagine me defending Obama's 'decision' to spend $1billion on meals in a given Year all because we're both from the Mid-West. Does that make sense to you? Or defending Michelle's alleged $13million Gold-Shopping spree because we're both black?

Notice you didn't say anything about my allegations against GEJ, NOT ONE JACK SH*IIET!!! Not even : "Oh, you got the figures wrong" or "Its N1billion not $1billion" or anything to that effect. All that was utmost on your mind was defending your tribesman, while castigating those of another tribe. Thats the problem with Nigeria. You and GEJ are products of that crappy Educational system. You think in Languages and tribe and see everything in Religion and Affiliation---like the  ancient Cavemen of yore---instead of always having a neutral and objective stance when situations occur. Thats the shame of Nigeria, and most of Africa, and thats why I say more needs to be spent on Education.

And thats why I insist that the buck stops at GEJs table. He's President. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by efisher(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
This is one of the repercussions of the foolish and retrogressive almajiri system.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by DrummaBoy(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2012
Arosa:

They are just ignorant kids. undecided

They are just not kids.
I have long suspected that BH had the sympathy and support of the ordinary people on the street in the north and that is where the challenge of quenching the fire lies. The govt of GEJ for which Beaf works for would do well not to continue to fan the flames of hate - for which this post was intended, and get down to its knees of working to end the insecurity that pervade the land.

Another thing, Beaf and his twenty chaps on Jonathan's payroll , that spread this Govt propaganda facebook, NL and other social networkds, had tried to make us believe that Buhari and folks in the CPC were the ones fanning the embers of BH. From reports that have emerged so far, not for once was CPC politicians mentioned. If they are not ANPP they will be PDP.

The recent one that showed that the govt of Kano and Bauchi had placed BH members on their monthly payroll of 10 million naira tells us volume. The govt of Jonathan would need to develop some balls and tackle this issue from its roots, and not keep passing the buck of blame. Apparently now there is no one to blame, Mr Jonathan.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by philip0906(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
@kingoflag
Just free all these GEJ bootlickers. . .Until,boko haram expand their territory and consumes them,they will keep deceiving themselves and trying hard 2 exonorate jonathan who has spent almost 2 years in power with no visible sign of hope 4 d common man.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Rhino5dm: 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
Thesame kids beaf was advocating to be housed and fed? You, see why i said Beaf may have suffered from brain tumor as a kid. cry

@Topic
very sad. I'd never expected any one to like the Nigerian police but, not the extent of supporting the carnage.

efisher:

This is one of the repercussions of the foolish and retrogressive almajiri system.
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Beaf1: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
What is the aim of this topic?
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Valon4ego(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Some comments here are senseless!!

Boko Haram clearly means Western Education is Sin. So please tell me what kind of education the Government wants to give to a people who have been brainwashed to believe that Western Education is sin.

The Government Provides about equal allocation for education across the country. So why do some areas have 80%+ literacy rates while others have less than 15%.

Education is not the solution. And if at all it is, it would take another 20 years for it to begin to have impact!
Asides who said these kids aren't educated? They are well educated in Islamic studies and that seems like the education the Northern leaders prefer to bestow on their population!!
my point exactly! It is said that you can only take a horse to a river but can not force it to drink! The cost of education in the north should be about the cheapest in the nation but yet,
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Beaf: 10:43pm On Jan 25, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Thesame kids beaf was advocating to be housed and fed? You, see why i said Beaf may have suffered from brain tumor as a kid. cry

@Topic
very sad. I'd never expected any one to like the Nigerian police but, not the extent of supporting the carnage.

So, these kids shouldn't be housed and fed?
I don't get some of the arguments people make on NL! embarassed

The reason those kids are the way they are is because they have been neglected and abused from birth. That fact does not make them feral beasts or subhumans to be rejected by society.

I will repeat that those kids need to be housed, fed, loved and educated. Perhaps, boko haram is not lesson enough for you.

youngmonie:

@ BEAF  if you remeber you comment on that wole soyinkas article on NL,  and my response was that EDUCATION   would have been a  key factor in curbing this mencace, but for toooo long the elite have denied their people right to fundamental education and it is equally evident in this pic, ( Rather they are sent to all this islamic schools that feed their mind  with all sort of non sense).

You are ban'g on the money! I have always believed that the almajiri is Nigeria's biggest security threat. If that system is not taken care off, we will continue to be mired in "boko haram" after "boko haram."
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Gayigaskia(m): 12:21am On Jan 26, 2012
@BEAF now i know you are out of your mind! All this for support of Useless Odechuku Retarden?

They are kids men trying to be on film
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 26, 2012
See the boy with the pupple bowl? I can bet my last money that this is the bowl that boy uses to beg for food on the streets and that tells you that he is obviouly an Almajiri and most of those kids on this picture are most likely his colleagues.

This Almajiri system is why BokoHaram will never run out of converts.

Fighting BokoHarm without dealing with the Almajiri systems will amount to running in circles!
Re: Shocking Stuff! Street Level Support For Boko Haram! by Beaf: 1:38am On Jan 26, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: 5 Pdp Govs To Visit Obj, Ibb / What Many Nigerians Don't Know About Asari Dokubo / See What GMB Is Making GEJ To Do...if These Continue For One Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.