Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Indian Boy Name Keval Loses he's Life In Kano Terror Attack That Killed 162 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indian Boy Name Keval Loses he's Life In Kano Terror Attack That Killed 162 (850 Views)

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / If Jonathan Loses He Will Know That Nigerians Truly Need Changes / Photos From Military Ambush Attack That Killed Over 100 Boko Haram Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Boy Name Keval Loses he's Life In Kano Terror Attack That Killed 162 by Joel3(m): 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2012
He had
moved to Nigeria just
10 months ago to
earn bread and butter
for his family. But, 23-
year-old Keval Kalidas
Rajput, a resident of
Devgadh Baria in
Dahod district in
Gujarat, breathed his
last in Kano, Nigeria's
second largest city.
Rajput died during the
ghastly terror attack
that rocked the
African country and
killed over 162 people
on Saturday. Rajput
was working as a
driver with M/s
Relchem, a Kano-
based company.
Tushar Singh,
Devgadh Baria MLA, is
now making efforts
to get his body back
to Gujarat.
According to an
official release of
Indian high
commission in Nigeria,
Rajput and his two co-
employees had
entered the zone of
hostilities during the
attack. 'He and his
two co-employees
Hari Prasad Bhusal and
Raj Singh (both Nepali
nationals) lost their
lives when their car
apparently entered a
zone of hostilities.
The parents of late
Rajput have been
informed,' read the
release put on the
Indian high
commission's
website.
The release has also
provided Rajput's
passport number
issued on March 30,
2010 by regional
passport office of
Ahmedabad.
However, there is no
information on
whether Rajput died in
gunfire or by bomb
blasts. Rajput was
taken to a local
hospital where he died
during treatment.
"I got a call from one
of Rajput's friends on
Saturday stating that
he has received
injuries. But on Sunday
morning I learnt that
he has passed away. I
got confirmation from
Suresh K Makhijani,
Indian high
commission counsellor
in Nigeria," said
Tushar Singh.
"We are trying to get
Rajput's body back to
Gujarat for carrying
out his last rites. I
have written to
Gujarat chief
minister's PA and
other authorities for
the same. It is my
appeal to the
government to ensure
that Rajput's body is
handed over to his
aggrieved family,"
Tushar Singh told TOI.
Re: Indian Boy Name Keval Loses he's Life In Kano Terror Attack That Killed 162 by NegroNtns(m): 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
who cares about his story? is he more special than other Nigerians that died or what? may all their souls rest in peace.

moderator please penalise this OP. cheesy
Re: Indian Boy Name Keval Loses he's Life In Kano Terror Attack That Killed 162 by Joel3(m): 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2012
how u not mature? A foriegner died in ur country lack of security and this all u have to say. Don't u knw it will scare foriengners away Just like pakistan, iraq samalia.
Re: Indian Boy Name Keval Loses he's Life In Kano Terror Attack That Killed 162 by NegroNtns(m): 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
Don't u knw it will scare foriengners away Just like pakistan, iraq samalia

In your case, I want to respond to you. . . i know I need to respond to you, somehow I think it's best that I restrain my tongue. Something whispers in my ears that you are very young and yet to understand the gravity of your statement. . . much more to know what maturity is.

Here is an age appropriate response for you: all the places you mentioned are zones of terror, including India where Keval is from. He had about a much higher chance of being consumed by terrorism in any one of those countries than he did in Nigeria. He propbably even left home to escape from terror. So he does not occupy a special place on this terror episode, neither does any of India, Pakistan, Iraq or Somalia. If any country need scaring away and blocked from coming to our country at the moment pakistan, iraq, somalia will be among the top 5 on the list. In our own country, we are foreigners unto one another, so if we have a desire to worship foreign brand, then let's worship one another as a brand. . . . . instead of a fvcking India!
Re: Indian Boy Name Keval Loses he's Life In Kano Terror Attack That Killed 162 by Yeske2(m): 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
Kini big deal? Is he more special than fellow Nigerians who died?

(1) (Reply)

Oando's Wale Tinubu Sets Record Straight On Fuel Subsidy Issue - Full Videos / Supreme Court Judgement Fall Out : Sylva Still PDP Flag Bearer? / Omo Ehh See South Koria They Insult Nigerian Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.