Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,797 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Can You Abstain? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can You Abstain? (1045 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Abstain? by nabsta: 11:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
They say', body no be wood, ' but apparently its not a rag either, in counselling women(single and married) i find that abstinence is considered virtual reality, those that havent started doing are looking foward to doing, and those that have done have no intention of stopping. Some people tell me that if you can do without, its because you have no experience or lack the experience of real pleasure.

Now, If you are a practising Christian and single, abstinence is supposed to be the rule and holiness the ideal. But contemporary opinion has suggested that its impossible to abstain and that if people say you are abstaining, its probably a lie. I think its possible but only by God's grace, if you try it on your own, its bound to fail, 10times out of 10.

What do you think? Does abstinence have a place in our society? And how are Christians faring in this regard?

Is your body wood? Or a rag?
Re: Can You Abstain? by iice(f): 4:56am On Jan 26, 2012
Have done it a couple of times.  Sometimes just to prove to myself that i can do it.  Sometimes i'm just being perverse grin
It's all in the mind.  The flesh maybe weak, but the mind can most often override such. 
You also have to be strong of will.   
Re: Can You Abstain? by agiboma(f): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
I have abstained from sex for almost 1 year. Its all about mind over matter
Re: Can You Abstain? by highland(m): 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
Its is all about believe and discipline.
Re: Can You Abstain? by nabsta: 12:00am On Feb 02, 2012
mind over matter, hmmm, personality and sex drive may also be important, some people don't really like to do, sad while others thrive on sexual activity, smiley, but i can only believe you all if you can truthfully say you've been having great sex lives ab initio,
Re: Can You Abstain? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
4years and still counting, its by grace alone dears!!!
Re: Can You Abstain? by nabsta: 1:03am On Feb 14, 2012
good for you, may i ask if you have a girlfriend and whether she's ok with it?
Re: Can You Abstain? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2012
Never had one all this while but just met my wife to be and she shares the same value so very ok with it but its been Gods grace that has kept the count running

(1) (Reply)

Girls, 13, Given Contraceptive Implants At School / Baby Boy Gets Lead Poisoning From Nigerian Folk Remedy (tiro) / Pls Anti Snake Venom Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.