Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos (4836 Views)

New Mini Flat To Let @ Ikosi,alapere Ketu,ogudu G R A,and Magodo G R A. / Several Self Contain/ Mini Flats At Ogudu,ojota,anthony,gbagada,ikosi,alapere, / Estate Agent Needed (ketu-ikosi/alapere Axis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 12:01am On Jan 26, 2012
1. Miniflat at Oyarinu Street, Ikosi Ketu Lagos. 200k/yr 2yrs.
2. Miniflat at Oluwalogbon Street, Ikosi Ketu Lagos. 200k/yr 2yrs.
3. Miniflat at Albert Ogbodu Str. Alapere Ketu Lagos. 200k/yr 2yrs.(New House)
4. Miniflat at Mibilewo Street off Bello Street Iyana School Ikosi Side Ketu Lagos 200K/yr for 2yrs.
Interested? pls call Lanre on 07029478806, 08057685264, 08031955044 for inspection.

1 Like

Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2012
Still available
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 12:12am On Jan 29, 2012
Still available,
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2012
Still available
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 8:20am On Jan 30, 2012
still available
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2012
Still available.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2012
These Miniflat are going! going!! going!!! call to have yours
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by yimiton(f): 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2012
The new Lagos tenancy law states that you shouldn't demand for more than one year rent of prospective tenants.

Also, agents who demand for registration fees before showing any house to prospective tenants are frauds. They know they've got nothing reasonable to offer.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
Always have in your mind that, a room self contain, miniflat and 2 bedroom are highly in demand, while they are scarce. So the law of demand and supply come to play. Registration issue, there nothing bad to register with agent only that the bad ones has rubbish the good one. You can understand this, only when you know how agent works, Myself do collect registration fee from my clients for the fact that, we have good properties to show Clients and prior to the inspection we make some expenses, such as paying transportation of the main agent to inspect the property, aside frequent calls, confirmations, and reconfirms when the property is not our direct brief. We can give telephone numbers of  clients we've given houses just this year to confirm this fact.
Out of the things you don't understand is that, many times the houses are not direct brief we end up getting little or no commission from the huge commission you paid
However, manytimes those Clients that complain about registration don't ever come to make payment of the property shown. So co-operate with your Agent.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by yimiton(f): 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
The amount you guys collect for agency and agreement which you never give any of your clients, I believe should be used for such expenses. You'll still end up with enough profit afterwards. Sometimes, plp need to use more than 15 agents before they can get a decent place. Do U expect the person to part with money to these 15 agents and end up being shown some sham all in the name of houses?

Experience has thought me that real agents who have decent houses to show plp do not go after the pea nuts some of you call registration fees, they go after the agency fee with all confidence and show off impressive houses which you'll only be too happy to pay for.

@ the 2 years, that there's demand does not mean people should be ripped off neighter does it make it right. The law has states what it should be, the citizens should follow it, otherwise, they are not any better than our leaders whom we all castigate for corruption. Things should be done right.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 10:01am On Feb 03, 2012
As the policy of fuel subsidy removal is faulty so is the Tenancy law of Fashola is faulty, the policy is good, but it has no basis, before this law govt should have put some things in places, most of the houses we have in lagos are private owned, let him build houses affordable to the majority first and the planting of flowers, garden can follows, so my brother the law even make it worse, those that take a year hipe rent than necessarry, can you imagine a flat that suppose to go for 300 for the sake of a year rent now move to 450k even 600k! tell your uncle to maximise the use of land to build block of flat, affordable for the masses instead of compelling the few ones we have, after all their is exceptions in the so call law, they excepted those areas in lagos where they own properties, in ikoyi, apapa, ikeja GRA etc.
Paying my consultation fees shows you are a serious client, and compel me to source a property of your choice, so let channel our energy and grammar to more important issues, others makes this sacrifice and they get keys to their flats. Ask about us by the grace of Almighty God, we have been performing so no basis for argument, when you go to doctor you pay for card, even in public hospital you pay for texts and drugs!
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by yimiton(f): 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2012
It's ridiculous how people are quick to blame the government for everything that is not right in the society, even when they are the cause. Where in the world does any landlord/agent ask for more than one year rent for residential apartments? In sane places, rents are paid on monthly basis. Isn't it just reasonable that there should be some sanity in Lagos?

@ registration fee, what is the money paid as agency fees used for? If the prospective tenant parts with that sum and ends up paying for the house, does he get a refund for the registration fee?

It's bad enough that agents rip people off with the outrageous amounts they ask for agency and agreement (really, a prospective tenant is not supposed to pay an agency fee, it's the responsibility of the landlord to part with that money and they should actually hire a lawyer together who is supposed to give them an actual contract, but this never happens). Some of them even go as far as asking for 2 years agency and agreement which is totally ridiculous. How can you pay 2 years for something that is supposed to be a one off and no lawyer is even involved, and no actual contract drawn out?

What pisses me off most is the agent who ask for agency fees always go about showing people shanties. For me, it's like asking someone who's job hunting to pay a recruitment firm registrations fees. Once you hear that, you simply know they're dupes and you move on.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by Chinom(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2012
The landlords are not the problem. The agents are the biggest problem in renting apartments in Lagos.
If a Landlord who probably built his house 20yrs ago wants to rent a mini flat for N150k, the agents would convince him to put it at N200k. That way they will get more on the %age agency fees. They influence the Landlords to increase the rent as well as the length of pay. Many Landlords will be happy to accept 1 year rent.
But the greedy agents would want to make more money at once, hence they convince him to mark the rent for 2 yrs.
Anyway, Lanredo, if you have a mini flat around Ikosi, alapere axis for N170k tops let me know. I would take it pronto.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2012
I'm not aware of all these deffects you guys pointed out, however at Signature properties we adhere stricly to the rule. We gives our prospectives and our Client execellent services, many time they were so intoxicated with our service delivery system that they willingly pay double of what we asked for.
pray this year ahun o ni ya office mi o amin loruko jesu,
we have miniflat of 200k/yr and one miniflat at palmgrove 150k/yr 2yrs but no water, mallam is ur water supplier!
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by Chinom(m): 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2012
lanredo:

I'm not aware of all these deffects you guys pointed out, however at Signature properties we adhere stricly to the rule. We gives our prospectives and our Client execellent services, many time they were so intoxicated with our service delivery system that they willingly pay double of what we asked for.
pray this year ahun o ni ya office mi o amin loruko jesu,
we have miniflat of 200k/yr and one miniflat at palmgrove 150k/yr 2yrs but no water, mallam is ur water supplier!

I don't think you are a serious business man. Greedy agents remain the problem in the property and rental business. There must be miniflats around Ketu for N160k. But you guys will not allow the Landord to rent it at that price. You will start telling him bullshit about the market price and location. I personally DO NOT pay more than 5% as agency fee. Believe you me, i've rented apartments in Magodo, where i lived for quite a long time. Never payed more than 5 %. The mini flat, i need for someone else. I'm quite sure i will get one as soon as i hit Lagos.
Such talk as "mallam is your water supplier" tells me you are not a serious property agent.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by Chinom(m): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2012
, besides the agent is not my agent but the agent of the Landlord. So paying agency fee is optional. That is why i can never give anyone 10% agency fee. Nigerians don't seem to understand that 10% of any thing is a huge amount.
The landord has given you the contract to look for a tenant to rent his flat. If you find a tenant for him, the Landlord pays you. 'nuff said.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by yimiton(f): 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
@ Chinom, you're very correct. Most people know they're being ripped off but the agents take sollace in the knowledge that people are desperately looking for apartments. Some of them even insist on 40% and this they translate as '2 yrs agency and 2 yrs agreement' dumb right,
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 7:48am On Feb 04, 2012
You are entitled to your opinion, writing on a thread here is very free, so free that we can make use of it any how, please let use it constructively.
Let be objective and realistic, manytime you compare this nation Nigeria to places or nations of the world that has a different yardsticks of comparisim. In Nigeria today the fact is that, you make provision for everything Light, water, infact every infastructures you can ever think of, health care, security and housing etc, This may shock you, Government has done nothing to help the provision of these highly demand types of accommondation, room self contain, miniflats, 2 bedroom and 3bedroom, were left in the hand of the private developers, many of them due to their inability to obtain loans from appropriate banks to provide these houses, because the job need to be done, the function of their survival they obtain these loans from inappropriate financial institutions with unbelievable interest rate as high as 40 to 50%per month. Please tell me where in the world is this done! couple with uncertain and unstable price activities in the so call unregulated building materials market where anythings is possible as it were in all other sectors. In these Nations that formed the basis of your comparisim Govt, provides basic amenities, those that has been deregulated comes with strict monitoring to promote social development of humanity. So many times Agents are not to be blame many things that transpires are the function of bad goverance, inability to appropriatize relevant economy and social policies. Complete absence of economy goals talkless of channelling resourses to achieving those goals. Do you know that GSM services in Nigeria among others is the worst services in the whole world yet is the most expensive in the whole world we pay, Per capital income here is among the poorest in the world yet, our cost of goverance is the highest in the whole world! Please let face it, your problem is not the Agents, beside Real Estate Market always turn to sellers market in a failed economy, do you know what Imean? the seller(Landlord/Agents) determin and set the rules, you obey and follow, since your government has failed you to provide affoidable houses for you, failed you in given you mass transit, good road, failed you to make villages, towns surburb etc condusive for you to live, to discongest the cities where She has also failed to provide homes inproportion to her population.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by yimiton(f): 9:25am On Feb 04, 2012
@ Lanre, you're only wailing and blaming the govt for no apparent reason. What has cost of building materials got to do with 40% demand from agents? Do the agents pay for building materials too? What is their reason for their demands? What services have they rendered to entitle them to 40% of the Landlord's sweat?

Just so you know, I stay in Nigeria. That the govt does not live up to his responsibilities does not mean we should eat eachother.

I'm done with this conversation. Have a great week.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 9:44am On Feb 04, 2012
is all important to commend on intelligent you demonstrated here, however you must also note that, govt failures has adverse chain effects on housing the basis of human development.
Thank you, have a wonderful week too.
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by Chinom(m): 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
The agents are and have always been the problem. First of all no bank in Nigeria charges 45 to 50% interest. So don't exaggerate. No property developer would be stupid enough to take a loan at 50%. Would you do that?. Most of those flats in Ikosi/Alapere were built 20 years ago. The Landlord has already recovered the bulk of his investment. I can tell you categorically, that no property developer owns a single block at Magodo. They are all privately owned houses, built mostly by corrupt civil servants, ex military and police officers. The bulk of the money used to build them are looted public funds. My house then was owned by a top civil servant based in Abuja. When i insisted that i can not pay more than 5 % agency fee, he opted to settle the agent himself as long as i'm willing to take the house. It's pure money laundering.
60% of the estates built by property developers at Lekki are lying fallow. No buyers and no tenants. So it's not all a sellers market as you think. The reasons the rents are still high is becsause the banks that repossesed the properties can afford to leave them empty for a long time until some foreign oil or bank employees show up. Most property developers are running at a huge loss now. The key to a succesfull property biz is quick turnover. So i will advice you, Lanredo to reduce your charges and rent as many flats as possible instead of looking for that one big kill. Why should i pay 10% agency fee when the bank is paying me 1.2% on my term deposit.
THE GREEDY AGENTS ARE THE PROBLEM. PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2012
you need house to rent, lease or buy please contact us for give you world class Real Estate Services
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 6:42am On Feb 19, 2012
My friend live in ikosi ketu and his self contain apartment is just 60k per anum .how come urs is 200k/ 2yrs ? I pray God should rent u agents expensive accommodation in Heaven or Hell, u guys dnt know that salaries were not increased after the fuel subsidy, dont u read newspapers? People losing their jobs, 1500 sacked in intercontinental bank, same in oceanic and other places of work, i stay in surulere and i pay 150k 3bedroom flat with borehole water in my compound. Make una dey pity people
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by lanredo(m): 4:55am On Feb 20, 2012
Thank God for you, You are very lucky to have a landlord like that, pls pay your rent and all bills promptly even be nice to him. In any of your free time, have a time out with Agents in your area and you will appreciate what God has done for you. Miniflat range from 150k-300k/yr in Mainland and most for 2yrs while it range within 300-600k/yr in Island!
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by epidi(m): 10:48am On Feb 20, 2012
Nigerians,we are very good at passing bucks and we find it very difficult to admit our mistakes.Agents that were supposed to assist tenant in getting accommodation have now become monsters to be dreaded if you dont want to pay thru ur nose.
Please my people am looking for a mini flat around Yaba and my budget is 180k.Thanks 07060962059
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by thunddey: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2012
Pls am looking for one room sef contain 130k around iyanaoworo, gbgagda, ifako or ogudu any body who have dis kal me 08027013023
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by mosesworld: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
Posted on october 25th 2012

1)3 bedroom flat for rent (upstairs) in igando, lagos.

2)URGENT SALE
Duplex on 2 plot of land built up to lintel level very close to igando-isheri expressway with a lot of space in the compound. The building was designed for industrial purpose. This property is very suitable for church, hotel, school etc.

4,3,2 bedroom flat, mini flat, a room self contain to let in Egbeda, akowonjo, iyana ipaja, ayobo, idimu, igando, ikotun, iba environs etc. contact bitt property on 08087887878
email - asemotasmail@gmail.com
website - 1985.estateagentsng.com
Re: Miniflat To Let At Ikosi/Alapere Ketu Lagos by 2galante(m): 6:29am On Dec 19, 2020
Please i need a two bedroom flate in the following areas Ketu, Alapere, Ojota and Magodo very urgent

(1) (Reply)

Turkey Solid Security Doors And Wooden Doors For Sales / Major Dealer Of Aluminium Roofing Sheets In Lagos / Palms Garden Estate, kuje Fct Abuja Promo offer ends 15th,june 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.