Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,245 members, 7,957,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! (1036 Views)

Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / We Are Blessed With Oil And a Hard working Governor In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by babasin(m): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2007
Mr Yar'Adua told the BBC that all Nigerians need to become honest, trustworthy and hard-working people.

What  fellow is this yaradua?

He simply saying ALL nigerians are dishonest, not hard-working and not trustworthy!

Can someone send clear message to yaradua that he has mis-spoken and should apologies to Nigeria.

We are all know he his dishonest: acceptinga stolen mandate of Nigeria people.

But that does not make all Nigeria dishonest.

I wonder when african rulers will learn. Then this weak-thinking:

"If leaders fear God, be honest, sincere, hard-working, do the right thing and distance themselves from any unlawful acts - the people they govern will copy them and do the same."

IF, IF, IF: can he tell us what measures in plan to put in place to ensure 'leaders' conform to societal norms and not some stupid IFs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7041974.stm
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by almondjoy(f): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2007
babasin:

What fellow is this yaradua?

He simply saying ALL nigerians are dishonest, not hard-working and not trustworthy!

Can someone send clear message to yaradua that he has mis-spoken and should apologies to Nigeria.

We are all know he his dishonest: acceptinga stolen mandate of Nigeria people.

But that does not make all Nigerians dishonest.

I wonder when african rulers will learn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7041974.stm

I guess he was reading "barren" Oprah's script!!!! grin

Recognition is the first step to penance and retribution or atonement.  I give the guy an A+ for his admittance.  Like it is not true?  Nigeria is such a difficult place to rule because 90% of Nigerians are innately corrupt and dishonest. Face it!!! Please stop deceiving yourselves.  Now let me see if denex and all the 9ja4evas will come out in droves to rain fire and brimstone on Yaradua.  I hope this thread gets to 40 pages of insult for him like it did for "Mama Oprah"---for what she did not even say!!!

Oh? Now he accepted a stolen Mandate, no more landslike for your "guy"? tongue

Fellow Nigerians/Nairalanders---it is time to------------------------bash Yarry the Dude!!!!  Next!!!
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by Mamajama(m): 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2007
I am not sure if Yar Adua was quoted or mis quoted. I disagree with his statement that

"He stressed that politicans must start to set a good example because "whatever leaders do, is what their subjects do".

Just Because my Governor or senator is a criminal does not mean I will make the same bad judgement and steal.

That is a matter of choice and integrity.
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by almondjoy(f): 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2007
Mamajama:

I am not sure if Yar Adua was quoted or mis quoted. I disagree with his statement that

"He stressed that politicans must start to set a good example because "whatever leaders do, is what their subjects do".

Just Because my Governor or senator is a criminal does not mean I will make the same bad judgement and steal.

That is a matter of choice and integrity.

Spoken with real naivety. You forget that most corrupt practices of the leaders affect the gen pop. If is is okay to let Ibori on the loose with 35 million pounds in one account if I may add, what choices do the starving masses have but to aspire to be "big boys and girls'?

I guess it is your choice to escape from Nigeria, so that you can perfectly execute this concept of "choice and integrity"? tongue I hope you go back after your studies and teach these principles to the ignorant over there in in the face of poverty and hopelessness.

I wish you well! Please keep us informed.
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by Mamajama(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2007
almondjoy let me ask you a question, will you jump off a cliff Just because a governor did so? or will you kill a fellow because he was killed by a senator.

Each and everyday. we are all challenge with difficult task and issue. some of us make good judgement and some decide to make bad judgement. Each and everyone of us has to take ownership and responsibility for our actions and stop blaming the damn government or governors for this.

Yes we have bad egg among us just like any other society. This are vital issues a society is confronted with. There is Morality. Ethics and integrity

Answer me why are all Nigerians not peddling DOPE because GARUBA AND OKON did and are spending money lavishly?

Why do people wake up daily to go to their peasant market for a daily trade?
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by almondjoy(f): 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2007
No I will not jump of the cliff if a governor did so.  Because I do not gain anything by dying in the process.  You are concretizing this issue way to much.  It is just a simple logic of "if you cannot beat them--you join them"!  How many of our beloved Nigerians have gone back to Nigeria to revolutionarize after schooling abroad only to fall back to this same corruption as their holy creed?  So Yaradua is right in what he implies.  The cleaning up has to start with the "corrupt" head of the fish--The government. 

You cannot survive Nigeria without "knowing" someone socially or in the religious sense--"who know man" syndrome.  So you see, you cannot set up your own rules of engagement contrary to those of the powers that be or you are going to end up dead with frustrations and medical complications from just being a walking corpse.  You are  a Nigerian and you know what I am talking about so quit faking! wink

Famous words from Atiku---If the head of the fish is rotten--who are we to blame the neck or the chest of the fish! cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by Mamajama(m): 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2007
DAMN

almondjoy:

who know man" syndrome. So you see, you cannot set up your own rules of engagement contrary to those to the powers that be or you are going to end up dead with frustrations and medical complications from just being a walking corpse. You are a Nigerian and you know what I am talking about so quit faking! wink

cheesy

Nice analogy. lol
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by labiyemmy(m): 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2007
I agre with him wholeheartedly - what is wrong in him saying the obvious truth?
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by McKren(m): 2:48am On Oct 13, 2007
I can not help but think the President needs that advice more than the rest of us.

If not for anything his actions are inconsistent with his words and that smacks of dishonesty.
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 13, 2007
Is Yar Adua himself honest? - Let him step down and acknowledge he is living on a stolen mandate.

Is he trustworthy?

Is he hardworking?
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by evergie(m): 11:23am On Oct 13, 2007
davidylan:

Is Yar Adua himself honest? - Let him step down and acknowledge he is living on a stolen mandate.

Is he trustworthy?

Is he hardworking?

Please leave our yar'adua alone, he is doing a good job already. He is just a good man in a wrong political party.
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by otokx(m): 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2007
I think he was referring to his political associates, the likes of Etteh, Ibori and Dariye.
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by babasin(m): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2007
I think he was referring to his political associates, the likes of Etteh, Ibori and Dariye.

He said Nigerian in his statement.

The import of his statement is that 'Nobody will ever take Nigerians serious; after all they will say, Nigeria president confirmed that Nigerians are dishonest.

what happens to great Nigerians; who are straight and never cheated anyone?

Instead of us to condemn this statement and ask for Yaradua to apologies, we again unconcerned!

No wonder, Nigeria is where it is today: Good People refuse to speak-up!
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2007
babasin:

He said Nigerian in his statement.

what happens to great Nigerians; who are straight and never cheated anyone?

Instead of us to condemn this statement and ask for Yaradua to apologies, we again unconcerned!

No wonder, Nigeria is where it is today: Good People refuse to speak-up!

His message is a good one but directed at the wrong people. I do not believe telling the people to be honest will change things. I believe in Leadership by example and if he can make his own cabinet, the other politicians into honest people, be it by force or whatever means, I am sure the rest of the country will see things are changing and will themselves take the step in the right direction.
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by babasin(m): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2007
I believe in Leadership by example and if he can make his own cabinet

what is the color of his cabinet? tainted

what is color of the mandate he accepted? stolen

so he is not the one to lecture Nigerians about honesty, hardwork and trusthworthy
Re: Yar'adua Says Nigerians Need To Become Honest, Trustworthy And Hard-working. Outrageous! by almondjoy(f): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2007
Kobojunkie:

His message is a good one but directed at the wrong people. I do not believe telling the people to be honest will change things. I believe in Leadership by example and if he can make his own cabinet, the other politicians into honest people, be it by force or whatever means, I am sure the rest of the country will see things are changing and will themselves take the step in the right direction.

True!--If the head of the fish is rotten-------------------------------------you know the rest.

At least he has confessed that we have a problem and that is a start. Now the next is to recognize how bad the problem is before we can think of solutions. OBJ believed in "Kamkpeism". So maybe this is a start. For Yaradua to mention that alone--if it is a credible story--I respect him. We do have some serious problems!

(1) (Reply)

Sharia Law: Bauchi State Set To Amputate 48 People / Next Pope From Africa / Hausa-fulani In The East & South-south Lambast Their Northern Murderous Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.