Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Resolved - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Resolved (4611 Views)

Beware Of Samla (a Roofer). The thread is Closed. Issues resolved. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resolved by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
Case Resolved.. Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Resolved by princeonx: 5:03am On Jan 27, 2012
You might want to seek legal advise. What document or title do your father/you have that proves you own the two plots before now? Based on the way things are/work in Nigeria, you can also try to approach the olorufemi's and see if you can come to some kind of settlement with them. All the same best of luck!
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 27, 2012
prince_onx:

You might want to seek legal advise. What document or title do your father/you have that proves you own the two plots before now? Based on the way things are/work in Nigeria, you can also try to approach the olorufemi's and see if you can come to some kind of settlement with them. All the same best of luck!

Thanks for getting back. He has the reciept of purchase and survey , We approached thier head of families in Egan but they all said they've sold the land and there is nothing they can do. How do we go about seeking legal action?
Re: Resolved by chino4(m): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2012
Seek legal redress then go to the police n lodge a complain so dat they would help u in stopping action on the land.
Re: Resolved by lanredo(m): 8:38am On Jan 27, 2012
Manytimes do advise my Client that receipt and survey is not a good title document to the land due to many reasons among these is this your matter, however the best way to this is to visit the family involve and negotiate ratification, but now that, the plot have been sold by the Family that won. Investigate their aclaimed wining of the case, if true pls start the legal title processing of the remaining plot now so they don't take that away!
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 27, 2012
chino4:

Seek legal redress then go to the police n lodge a complain so dat they would help u in stopping action on the land.

We have contacted my father's lawyer and he spoked about Injuction on the land, So they can stop working on the Land and we would find a means to resolve the issue. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 27, 2012
lanredo:

Manytimes do advise my Client that receipt and survey is not a good title document to the land due to many reasons among these is this your matter, however the best way to this is to visit the family involve and negotiate ratification, but now that, the plot have been sold by the Family that won. Investigate their aclaimed wining of the case, if true pls start the legal title processing of the remaining plot now so they don't take that away!

I think you're right , the reciept and survey is not enough. Like i said earlier we have visited the families and they said there is no going back. It's annoying that they didn't dialogue with us before snatching the land. They can't take the other plot because that's where we live. Anyways thanks for your contribution.
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 27, 2012
Never buy a land without a CofO; Receipt of purchase can not be called a title document. I would say, you may have lost the land, what will ensue now will be further spending of cash from both sides to the police. The highest they could have done which may not be possible again (as you say there is construction underway) would have been resell the land back to your Dad at a crazy new price. Never estimate those violent natives. Land is their natural resource, and they always control theirs 100%
Re: Resolved by charlsecy4(m): 8:51am On Jan 27, 2012
Meanwhile, be very, very prayerful.
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 27, 2012
We dey pray o. They've not resumed work today.
Re: Resolved by dhtml5: 9:02am On Jan 27, 2012
There is another way to resolve land issues in those areas that might work - still under law enforcement - but i will rather not say it here - you can send me an email and i will reply you ASAP - tony @ . net
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 27, 2012
dhtml5:

There is another way to resolve land issues in those areas that might work - still under law enforcement - but i will rather not say it here - you can send me an email and i will reply you ASAP - tony @ . net

I just wrote you an email now. Thanks
Re: Resolved by born2boink(m): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2012
LeoMax:

Never buy a land without a CofO; Receipt of purchase can not be called a title document. I would say, you may have lost the land, what will ensue now will be further spending of cash from both sides to the police. The highest they could have done which may not be possible again (as you say there is construction underway) would have been resell the land back to your Dad at a crazy new price. Never estimate those violent natives. Land is their natural resource, and they always control theirs 100%
Never blame anyone for buying a land without CofO because if a land without CofO goes for 150,000 then land with CofO is such area maybe going for 1 millionaire and people live on their budget worth and CofO don't just start in a day, it commence with receipt and survey too if processing need to be done,  all they need is prayer and solution because 70% of House owner do not have CofO
Re: Resolved by seedord247(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2012
@OP

You better leave the land for them. thosee pple are more than evil. lipsrsealed
Re: Resolved by walab: 10:00am On Jan 27, 2012
If the buyer of the land is issued deed of conveyance,can that still help?
Re: Resolved by bolorunfem(f): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2012
@Poster,I'm sorry about your predicament.I married into that family as can be seen from my username though we live far apart and of course its only the name we have in common not the acts lipsrsealed. You can't win with them so just do all you can to secure the remaining land. The family head u met, is one Baba Saula or Baba Pupa? Land feud btw Akesan and Egan is an age-long thing. They even kill themselves within the family over land, :ojust be careful. Cheers.
Re: Resolved by kizito96(m): 10:13am On Jan 27, 2012
Its a dog eat dog game
Re: Resolved by LEXYLOV: 10:42am On Jan 27, 2012
After purchasing the land by your father for more than a decade you people cannot even try to make use of the land and make it impossible for any intruder, now they have sold the land. The omo onile are the most dangerous people out there. you need to be very careful on dealing with them unless you are ready to join your father may God forbid that. lipsrsealed
Re: Resolved by fitnesswis: 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
they didn't sell the land genuinely to you guys and am sure there was no C of O issued or legit govt document for that land.
anyway visit any of ur relative at the Nigeria army barack.
take 2 vans of Army men and beat anyone u see at that land to death.

station 2 army Men there for 2 weeks and pay them.
then go and do your underground work and seek for court case. if you slow urself or ifyou get cold eyes about it am sure the land will be gone.
Re: Resolved by andyanders: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
Also be careful how you follow this up cos it might take your life cos these guys are heartless and can kill anyhow.
Re: Resolved by member479760: 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
If you need your life just forget about any documents you might have, re-buy the land from the new owner period.
Re: Resolved by hbrednic: 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
ur life is worth much more than the land,leave them with their wahala, but sorry anyway.
Re: Resolved by 1forall: 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
fitnesswis:

they didn't sell the land genuinely to you guys and am sure there was no C of O issued or legit govt document for that land.
anyway visit any of ur relative at the Nigeria army barack.
take 2 vans of Army men and beat anyone u see at that land to death.

station 2 army Men there for 2 weeks and pay them.
then go and do your underground work and seek for court case. if you slow urself or ifyou get cold eyes about it am sure the land will be gone.

See sense shocked asking to add kerosene to fire.

Hm poster I want to believe you can tell right your left from right?
Re: Resolved by Faheedat: 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
You are luck and thank your star.
Send me an e-mail kamson2002@aol.com
i need some other information but you need to investigate the latest buyer if dialogue will help if not
You need to work ahead of them
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
Thanks to everyone for your advice. I'm sure other land owners would learn from this situation and always be ready for this greedy people when they strike , I'll hope the lawyers can find a solution and if nothing happens. I guess we shall live to fight another day.

Thanks to the Moderator also.
Re: Resolved by Ugbavihi: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
Prayer is the solution, but u must as well seek legal help
Re: Resolved by arogbowei: 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
My brother, i live in that axis, i witnessed everything as it unfolded. The court case spans decades, finally olorunfemi family was awarded the case. So every transaction with Akesan family is null and void, they had no authority to sell any portion to you in the first place. So in a way, Olorunfemi family was being humane by demarcating your property and leaving some portion for you. Do not waste scarce resources on pursuing a legal case that will only generate more bad blood blood between you and the family, and waste more funds.

Go about developing the other portion if you have not done so. wink
Re: Resolved by lastpage: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2012
I think the proper, sensible and humane thing to have done is:

1.) Invite the old buyers (tenants who bought the land from the looser shocked ) and let them know the current "legal position" wrt their land.
2.) Offer them the first choice to Re-purchase it
3.) Give them a "discount" (half current market value and instalmental payment)  since you are aware that they have purchased it before and the current predicament has nothing to do with them

On the other hand, l am aware that the "LAW" protects buyer who buy "in the open market" and "in good faith" believing the article to be free from any encumbrance as attested to by the seller, at the time of sale. They were in a "valid contract".

Thus, they are entitled to sue for a refund, from the former seller.
The previous seller knew that the "land" was in dispute but still went ahead to enter into a sale contract on them, making the buyer believe that it was a "FREEHOLD"! That puts liability on the former seller.

The problem with "Nigeria and our Judicial System" is the corruption of too many Judges and Police.
The unnecessary delay in dispensing Justice.

In saner Climes, the court will even sit on a weekend to ensure that "Justice is not delayed nor denied", the victims!

We certainly like to complicate simple things, just to fester corruption!
Re: Resolved by qholar(m): 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2012
I hope the land ve Certificate of Occupancy.?
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2012
arogbowei:

My brother, i live in that axis, i witnessed everything as it unfolded. The court case spans decades, finally olorunfemi family was awarded the case. So every transaction with Akesan family is null and void, they had no authority to sell any portion to you in the first place. So in a way, Olorunfemi family was being humane by demarcating your property and leaving some portion for you. Do not waste scarce resources on pursuing a legal case that will only generate more bad blood blood between you and the family, and waste more funds.

Go about developing the other portion if you have not done so. wink

Bros if you live in that axis like you claimed. You won't be saying that , How would you say every transaction with akesan family is null and void when there is a reciept of purchase for the two plots from Akesan community. In akesan new site we have about 300 plots and do you want to tell me that all the 300 occupants dont have right to their properties? If initialy they came to us and explained the whole issue to us and we need to re -purchase the land it would have been easier. Anyway i'll just chill and see what's gonna happen.
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2012
qholar:

I hope the land ve Certificate of Occupancy.?

Nope we don't have that. Just the receipt and survey.
Re: Resolved by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2012
lastpage:

I think the proper, sensible and humane thing to have done is:

1.) Invite the old buyers (tenants who bought the land from the looser shocked ) and let them know the current "legal position" wrt their land.
2.) Offer them the first choice to Re-purchase it
3.) Give them a "discount" (half current market value and instalmental payment)  since you are aware that they have purchased it before and the current predicament has nothing to do with them

On the other hand, l am aware that the "LAW" protects buyer who buy "in the open market" and "in good faith" believing the article to be free from any encumbrance as attested to by the seller, at the time of sale. They were in a "valid contract".

Thus, they are entitled to sue for a refund, from the former seller.
The previous seller knew that the "land" was in dispute but still went ahead to enter into a sale contract on them, making the buyer believe that it was a "FREEHOLD"! That puts liability on the former seller.

The problem with "Nigeria and our Judicial System" is the corruption of too many Judges and Police.
The unnecessary delay in dispensing Justice.

In saner Climes, the court will even sit on a weekend to ensure that "Justice is not delayed nor denied", the victims!

We certainly like to complicate simple things, just to fester corruption!

Don't mind them. The CDA of this community was still negotiating with the olorunfemi family and still haven't arrived at a conclusion before this boys pounced on our land. God and justice is what we rely on now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Room Self-contain, Miniflat, Flats To Let In Mainland / THIS ESTATE WILL MAKE YOU WOW / THE BEST SELLING ESTATE LAND IN EPE!!! CALL US NOW!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.