Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future (750 Views)

Stop Accusing The President...... It's Unpatriotic / Your President Doesn’t Seem To Understand A Whole Lot About Governance. - Obama / nigerian dont want Goodluck Back As President, it will only lead to violent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2012
Most of us are so quick to forget that what goes round definitely always comes around, it is Jonathan today, tomorrow may be your turn.

From 1999, till now, we Nigerians have made it a point of habit to abuse and insult whoever is the president, Obj was call all sorts of degrading and embarrassing names because he is Nigeria's president.

Yar'Adua was not spare at all, up till his dying days, the man was a subject of ridicule and abuse by Nigerians from all works of life. Gej is having a hell of a time coping with insults and abuse no thanks to every one else who is not a president.

What do we really want as a people, we don;t know what we want judging from our utterances, it is always lopsided, narrow minded, no alternative solution or another way of doing things if plan A is a flop, plan B can be relied upon, yet Nigerians never think this way, We are the problems, it we the people of this country that is to blame, Gej will not be president forever.

It is not a certainty that all his actions will be the perfect solution to every problems facing this 160 million people.
I think it is high time we toe the path of partnership instead of sidelining ourselves into the tents of hypocrite who see nothing good from an opponent or rival.

A word is enough for the wise. Nigerians wake up and unite to fight corruption, not GEJ.

Thank you all.
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2012
There is a difference in abusing someone and saying the fact . . . People asked for democracy, now we have it and we are still worse than when uniform man was at the helm of affairs
People are frustrated and want better
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
http://felixedet2000.hubpages.com/hub/One-Nation-Bound-in-Freedom

Does abuse and insult stop frustration or provide democracy dividend?
All i am asking Nigerians to do is to be wiser than what they presently are. These men won't stop at getting us confuse. For as long as they know that we are angry and yet unable to take action, their vices won't stop.

In essence we have wasted so much energy being on the side of anger, and you know we require so much energy to be angry than we need to be happy.

You can't discover innovations in a state of anger, we need to look inward at our core values, that is if we still have any.

I don't know how to put this, but the truth is, we just love criticizing for the sake of it. And if we are ask for our own initiative if we were to be in a position of prominent, we suddenly become dump and norm.

This is the way Nigerians behave and i am not in any way comfortable with it.

Our politicians and government official especially the minsters and the Judiciary are some of the most creative evil men and women you can find on earth.

Federal government, State government, Local government, Judiciary, National Assembly you name it are all bird of the same feathers and they always share the loots together.

When it is time for loots sharing, there is not Christian, and Muslim. When will my people wake up?
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by Fhemmmy: 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2012
So since you think we need to do something else . . . What do you think could be done that will fix the problem.
Advice
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 5:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
Good , it shows you are a typical Nigeria, firstly.

, Let know less of our problems, because we know too much of our problems and that alone has become a monster of a problem.

, Let change our attitude and values to the core values of life.

, Henceforth looters of the treasury should be summarily executed, no trial once, there is evidence of looting, execution should be the next point of call, and we have to be very sincere, because some of the victims can be our parents and relations.

, Free Education.

, Payment of allowances to every citizen of this country.

, Henceforth, no political appointee is liable for allowances, their salary should suffice. otherwise we make the job part time.

, National Cleansing of every child of corruption: By that i mean the extension of the fight against corruption into every fabrics of the nation especially the corporate world. We tends to focus so much on the government and allow the private sectors to eat thire cakes and have them, these are but few from my archives, what about yours?
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
The lawyers must be carefully checkmate, because apart from the looting politicians, lawyers are the next in line, they work tirelessly to defend criminals with all manners of obsolete laws formulated during the British occupation of Nigeria.
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
^^^ How do u make leaders that have created so much loopholes to make sure that the system never works listen to what you have stated up there.
It is common sense that we need all and more, but when leaders are not ruling but enriching, what do you do.

BTW, thanks for calling me a Typical Nigeria . . .  appreciate it
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
felixedet:

The lawyers must be carefully checkmate, because apart from the looting politicians, lawyers are the next in line, they work tirelessly to defend criminals with all manners of obsolete laws formulated during the British occupation of Nigeria.

It is the job of a lawyer to defend anyone as long as they have what it takes to make it happen, instead of worrying about the lawyers, why not worry about the law?
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
I would not have to worry about the laws if the lawyers play by the rules, yes unless you want to hide from the realities of Nigeria's defense council whenever high profile crimes are taken to court.

We can;t continue like this, if one system is not working we have to switch to another with tact.
I only said lawyers are essential part of the problem and of a truth they are.

Reason, they share from the loot bounties abundantly, who wouldn't wish the status-quo remains, are you a barrister, i hope not.But anyway lawyers are doing very well for the country no doubt, but i find it appalling when a responsible lawyer defend a confirm criminal in the name of my client.

What a dangerous and unjust world.
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
You wanna tell me that the law in the western world is just?
It is not about the the law being just or unjust, it is about the fact that in Nigeria we have 2 sets of law, one for the rich and the other for the rest.
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by naijaking1: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

There is a difference in abusing someone and saying the [b]fact . . . People asked for democracy, now we have it and we are still worse than when uniform man was at the helm of affairs
People are frustrated and want better[/b]

What fact
What is the 'fact' in calling the president all sorts of names

Is it not funny that people who didn't raise one finger in complaint all through the military dictatorship years, through Buhari, IBB, OBJ are suddenly impatient with the Nigerian situation. All of a sudden they want 40-50 years of neglect and abuse of the system corrected overnight, just because we have the so-called democracy?
GEJ is not perfect, but if you think that our rotten police system, poor electric supply, poor level of education, negligent levels of infrastructure will be corrected with a magic wand, because we have a democratic president, them you're being unrealistic. It doesn't matter what disrespectful names you haul at the president, because of frustration or ethnopolitical affliations.

felixedet:

You were doing so well until you changed focus on lawyers. There's no country where layers don't have bad reputation, but you must understand the whole setup. There're good and necessary lawyers and there're bad ones too.
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 5:59pm On Jan 27, 2012
The same applies every where, that's the reality of human society, is it fair?
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
naijaking, i am humble by your understanding of the situation that we are in, many nairalanders simply see this forum as a place for them to vent anger at whoever is not in their good page, that's alone is an hybrid of corruption.

Is it good luck Jonathan that turns NNPC into the headquarters of corruption in the world, what goes on there is not 419, they have improvise corruption in NNPC, to 914. The new corruption dogma.
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
^^^ AS journey of years starts with one step, however, please tell me what GEJ has done since he became the leader of Nigeria . .  just 2 things that makes a single sense.
Calling leader names is not a big deal and we should not use that as an excuse for the "Leaders" not to do anything . . . .
No one is asking for GEJ and his group to fix Nigeria in one day, but at least let us start the process of changes . . .
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by naijaking1: 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
^^^
I agree with you on this one, we should start from somewhere.

felixedet:

naijaking, i am humble by your understanding of the situation that we are in, many nairalanders simply see this forum as a place for them to vent anger at whoever is not in their good page, that's alone is an hybrid of corruption.

Is it good luck Jonathan that turns NNPC into the headquarters of corruption in the world, what goes on there is not 419, they have improvise corruption in NNPC, to 914. The new corruption dogma.

Thank you.
Honesty of opinion and honesty of purpose are beginning of genuine discussion among Nigerians. We all know that things are bad, and am sure most people want things to get better. However, we can't revise the last presidential election, because someone didn't like the outcome. Personally, I have been frustrated that most of the people raving and ranting about GEJ have been doing so even when Turai denied him his constitutional right to act in place of a sick or dead president, nothing has really changed for them, especially here on N/L. His performance or lack thereof has always been viewed through their dirt colored lens.
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by Fhemmmy: 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
naijaking1:

^^^
I agree with you on this one, we should start from somewhere.

This is all Nigerians are asking for and thus the frustration.
Imagine Ghana with electricity and Nigeria with darkness?
Yet, we have leaders called [size=5pt]gi[/size]ant of Africa
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
you have to understand my tone and i am sure you do, lawyers ought to consider matters of National important sometimes, corruption is our bane and i am not saying those charge to court for corruption should not be defended, what i am saying is that in our case, it seems our esteem lawyers are playing to the gallery.

And in my own view, i don;t see the NBA and the Judiciary council doing anything worthy or mention to collectively fight this menace call corruption in our country.

They are in the system that has the ability to checkmate and eliminate corruption, yet nothing seems to be coming from that segment of the society is all i am saying.

Why are defense council always smarter and more brilliant than prosecuting council in Nigeria all the time a high profile case is in view?
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by naijaking1: 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
^^^
Quite funny you should mention the NBA!
They, like the Nigerian medical Association are a bunch of clowns. As a physician, I laughed so hard when the NMA joined the so-called protest. The NMA never protested against poor medical practice, lack of medical research, lack of preventive medicine, yet they are protesting angry
Re: Stop Abusing Your President:it May Be Your Turn In The Future by felixedet(m): 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2012
i will tell you something GEJ has done in the last one year that is worthy of mention.

, he oversee the 2011, that was adjudge free and fair by internal observers, need i remind you that the last time Nigeria receive such commendation was during the annul June 12 elections, i know to you that is nothing, but in the international community that's the beginning of things.

, GEJ wisdom is the brain behind the initiation of probe into the activities of NNPC, to you i know it is nothing, but wait this is not going to be the last you have heard of this probe.

Should i continue?

If you were to be the president, what could have been your achievement in the last one year?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Wobbling – Obasanjo / Purewater Factory Are On Strike / Warri: Kidnappers, Robbers Turn City Into Criminals’ Den

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.