Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? (45097 Views)

How Do I Download Video Files From Youtube In Flv, Avi Or Wmv Format. / Pls How Can I Save My Works Successfully On Corel Draw And Photoshop / How Can I Save Jpeg From Flas Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by charlisco(m): 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2006
will it be possible to save flash game from a website into one system, just like the way image files, and some other files e.g pdf file, doc.file ppt.file e.t.c are being save or copy from a website

Really dying to know if it will be possible
If yes, please tell me the procedure to go doing it
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by Farriel(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2006
Absolutely no way. Except you find a way to access the server and find the files in certain directories, which of course I know you know is criminal.
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by Hunter(m): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2006
Yes its possible, I use a program called HTtrack ( http://www.httrack.com/ ) it's free so you can't go far wrong. cheesy

What Farriel I think is refering to is dissembling the SWF for the resources which is illegal (eg to take pictures from the flash)
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by allonym: 1:46am On Mar 18, 2006
umm, the swf files are already on your computer if you viewed them on the website.

If you are too lazy to find them, you can always use a browser like firefox which allows you to see media content in a webpage and download the specific file you want.

In firefox, Tools->Page Info-> Media [tab]

before i used that firefox feature, i would just browse to the tmp folder where IE or whatever browser i was using stores its files and copy it. . . or you could search for its name if you didn't know where the folder is.

Whatever means you choose. . , this is a very simple task
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by Saddam: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2006
Get to your temporay Internet File

By Clicking on Tools------>Internet Options-------------->Settings----->View Files

Then Right Click and arrange files by type and search for the SWF File,

Copy and paste in a new folder.

Goodluck
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2009
Or go and get - ehm - an offline explorer - it will download the entire website, and if the source files are linked together easily it enough to figure out - then voila - that is it!
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by aelwero: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2010
Once you have them saved, they can be embedded in Excel, Word or Powerpoint, with Excel being the easiest IMHO.  Just google "embedding shockwave in excel (your version here)" and you'll find a ton of walkthroughs.

The Illegality of it is if you go hacking into a server to get the .swf files, but as everyone else said, the websites you visit install their files on your computer.  If they don't want you putting them in an Excel file to play them offline, then they oughtta develop a way to host their content without shoving their files onto your hard drive wink

The purpose of doing all this is to

1) be able to play them offline

OR

2) gives you the ability to "bypass" corporate or school internet no games filters by embedding the object in excel, linking it to the webpage, and e-mailing the Excel file to your friends.
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by Glidia: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2011
Nice game update ,
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by sixbon2000(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2011
U could try using Flash Catcher or Internet Download Manager
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by ozibite: 2:02am On Feb 20, 2013
Trying to download flash file or games couple years back requires a lot of muck around. These day its a lot simple to download flash file using a simple program or software that you can search of the net. But how do you avoid small software that is good without advertisements or spywares.
That's why I do it the manual way that already available in firefox or google chrome.
You can find out how to save flash file from website here: http://www.webbee.com.au/index.php/learn-share

Cheers!
Sharing is caring.
Re: How Can I Save Flash Game (swf.files) From A Website Into My C: Drive? by johnalex88: 5:44am On Jul 25, 2013
I don’t suppose I have read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject I have already started reading some of your solar related article. i found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks. http://www.yepi250.com/

(1) (Reply)

Diseye Tantua's How A Nigerian Auto Sales Shop Should Look Like Artwork / Nigerian Photographer Tonydoo Photoshops Himself With Rihanna / 14 Striking Photos That Had No Help From Photoshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.