Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Do You Have A Business Blog? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Have A Business Blog? (880 Views)

Why Every Company Needs A Business Blog / How To Get Highly Responsive 6,312 Subscribers To Your (info) Business Blog / 5 Reasons You Should Start A Business Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have A Business Blog? by Orikinla(m): 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2007
Do you have a business blog?

99% of business men and women in developed countries are online, because every reasonable enterpreneur knows that you cannot ignore having an online office. And many of the successful companies in the world took off online.

Most of my fellow Nigerian enterpreneurs are either ignorant or need help to set up their sign-post or office online. And having a business website or a website to promote your offline business is now as easy as ABC and does not cost a fortune.

Blogs are the easiest websites to create for your business and they are free!
Having your own domain will cost some money, but it will not make much difference from using a free subdomain.
The most successful blogs are on Blogger with free subdomains and free hosting with great features to launch your ventures gratis and place as many adverts as you like and make all the money and keep it all too. 

Gateway To Success is a very simple business blog I created on Blogger and quite authoritative in the blogosphere.

You can create such a very easy to do business blog for profit.

If you have not done so, do it without delay.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Do You Have A Business Blog? by bolaoni(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2007
Orikinla,

GREAT post! But I will beg to differ on the statement below for some reasons:

The most successful blogs are on Blogger with free subdomains and free hosting with great features to launch your ventures gratis and place as many adverts as you like and make all the money and keep it all too.

One major reason is that FREE has a price.Those having free stuffs online are at the mercy
of the providers. When google decides to wipe off some blogs, they will do it with no apology to anyone.

Besides having a blog on your domain isn't supposed to cost you your arms. What does it cost to have a domain name and get it hosted? Not much my brother. Let me tell you, you CANNOT compare WordPress with blogger. The difference is VERY clear. There are so many functionalities you can add to WP that is very difficult to do with blogger.

Professional bloggers don't make use of blogger as their platform, they use WP and the most successful blogs aint those on blogger. Point one successful blogger to me on blogger and I will point 10 to you on WP. cool

I run all my blogs on WP and I encourage my clients to do the same and I am helping so many people set up their WP blogs on their domains. I set up one for a Doc and he is enjoying his life as a blogger. See below some of the blogs I have set up for clients and compare it to what blogger can do:

www.doctorbibbi.com

www.treasuredadvice.com (Ran by a woman)

www.onlinewritingopportunities.com and

www.recovering-your-data.com (Ran by a woman)

Check my signature for my websites and they are also running on WP platform.

Nigerians are enjoined to embrace blogging and if they want to, they should use WordPress! cool
Re: Do You Have A Business Blog? by Orikinla(m): 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2007
bolaoni:

Orikinla,

GREAT post! But I will beg to differ on the statement below for some reasons:

One major reason is that FREE has a price.Those having free stuffs online are at the mercy
of the providers. When google decides to wipe off some blogs, they will do it with no apology to anyone.

Besides having a blog on your domain isn't supposed to cost you your arms. What does it cost to have a domain name and get it hosted? Not much my brother. Let me tell you, you CANNOT compare WordPress with blogger. The difference is VERY clear. There are so many functionalities you can add to WP that is very difficult to do with blogger.

Professional bloggers don't make use of blogger as their platform, they use WP and the most successful blogs aint those on blogger. Point one successful blogger to me on blogger and I will point 10 to you on WP. cool

I run all my blogs on WP and I encourage my clients to do the same and I am helping so many people set up their WP blogs on their domains. I set up one for a Doc and he is enjoying his life as a blogger. See below some of the blogs I have set up for clients and compare it to what blogger can do:

www.doctorbibbi.com

www.treasuredadvice.com (Ran by a woman)

www.onlinewritingopportunities.com and

www.recovering-your-data.com (Ran by a woman)

Check my signature for my websites and they are also running on WP platform.

Nigerians are enjoined to embrace blogging and if they want to, they should use WordPress! cool

Bolaoni,
You are a G on WP.

I have two master domains. And the main one is going on WP soon.

How much do you charge to set up WP when the client has already secured a domain for life and webhosting?
Re: Do You Have A Business Blog? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2007
Hi Baloni,

So you're the brain behind Dr. Bibbi's website! -of the Sun Newspaper . I enjoy reading through his mails!

Kudos to you!
Re: Do You Have A Business Blog? by bolaoni(m): 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2007
Orikinla,

well na try I just dey try o. Hoping to be a G some day sha. cheesy

I won't mind helping you out with your installation sha.
Visit the SDLC forum, link in my sig and send me a PM there,
I wish there is a PM facility here.

We will be able to share more through that medium.

OlowoTee, I will have to drag Dr. Bibbi here. He is a wonderful man and he
will add to the GREAT list of people on NL cheesy
Re: Do You Have A Business Blog? by bolaoni(m): 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2007
Orikinla,

Sorry, I just saw your comment on www.imgiveaways.com

I will send an email to you now.

I have chosen not to approve the comment since it is addressed to me or
should I? wink
Re: Do You Have A Business Blog? by Orikinla(m): 12:39am On Oct 17, 2007
bolaoni:

Orikinla,

Sorry, I just saw your comment on www.imgiveaways.com

I will send an email to you now.

I have chosen not to approve the comment since it is addressed to me or
should I? wink

Thanks for the positive response.

The comment is specifically addressed to you.
Re: Do You Have A Business Blog? by bolaoni(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2007
Alright man.

Did you get my email? I sent it after the previous post.

wink

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations - Lectures / Us Fairly Used Laptop For Sale / Sana Metal Industries Nigeria Limited . All Kinds Of Furnitures (office, Hotel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.