Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

How To Prevent Computer Breakdown And Avoid Its Repair - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Prevent Computer Breakdown And Avoid Its Repair (2953 Views)

How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data / How? Where Can I Buy A Real Laptop (and Avoid Made In China) Pls Help / How To Recognize And Avoid Internet Fraudsters And Adverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Computer Breakdown And Avoid Its Repair by enehizena(m): 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2012
Here're the couple of tips for the computer users suggesting how to work with the computers, keep them safe and minimise the necessity for the computer repairs in a long run.do not eat or drink in front of the monitor. If you do need to do that i.e. if you don't have spare time for a meal or a snack or you're very busy doing something at your pc and simply cannot take a break, then eat and drink very carefully.Try not to spill a drink on the keyboard -- a keyboard then probably would need to be replaced. Also try not to add crumbs to it. Keep the keyboard and the mouse clean and away from the food or drink. The monitor also should be kept as far away from food as possible.Do not install a lot of software on your computer.Only install what you really need.the more software there is the more processor and other computer components have to work and the quicker they get to the end of their working lifespan.This is in addition to the fact that the computer will work slower and slower every time you install a new program because the registry will get more clogged with the references.When installing a new program, check for the features that you don't need like additional services, screens, add-ons etc -- in majority of cases it is possible to switch them off. Also in majority of cases it is not necessary to load a program at the computer start-up, so opt out of it - run "msconfig.exe" from the Run menu and see what's loaded at the time of computer initialisation stage and remove the programs that you don't need straight away. That is if you cannot do that from the program itself -- if you can, then open the program and find that "start-up" option and switch it off.Try not to switch your computer on and off many times during the day.It's even better not to switch it off at all if someone works with it late at night and then someone else works with it very early in the morning. If there's a possibility that the computer will be needed in a couple of hours' time, it's better not to turn it off too.This is because the operation system initialisation may damage hard discs when constantly switching the computer on and off.To save the energy though make sure the computer monitor is powered off when no one works on the computer.Make sure the computer is clean of dust. The dust (if there's a lot of it inside and outside the pc) prevents effective ventilation and the hardware gets hotter, which is not good. If it gets dusty, clean the dust with the vacuum cleaner, at least from the outside -- you can do this yourself.The dust obviously gets accumulated inside as well, so call a computer expert to clean your computer from the inside or simply open a computer case and very carefully clean the computer yourself with the special computer vacuum cleaner.When buying a computer make sure you buy a computer made of quality components -- not necessarily very expensive ones but just quality ones -- and has good ventilation inside the box.The same applies to the laptops.The other cooling methods can be used too; these need to be inquired about in the shop or from the internet seller before the purchase.Following the simple advices above would lead to the longer life of your computer without the visits to the computer repair men.
Re: How To Prevent Computer Breakdown And Avoid Its Repair by NET1(m): 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
Good points, but I think you should have itemized (numbered) the points. It really was Hell reading through that. But you try sha! Keep it up.

.NET
Re: How To Prevent Computer Breakdown And Avoid Its Repair by adetwin(m): 8:02am On Apr 10, 2012
GOOD! Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Type Igbo Alphabet? / Uk Used Thinkpad X250 5th Gen Intel Core I5 16gb Ram 256ssd 12HRS Battery!!! 90k / Hp Elitebook 8460p Intel Core I3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.