Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,455 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt (14098 Views)

Army Unveils Anti-Bomb 'Stop And Search' Robot. / Bomb Planted At Enugu Shoprite Defused By Anti-Bomb Squad? / Picture Of Nigerian Army Anti-bomb Squad Inspecting Bombed Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by jeremiaz: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2012
A bomb was detonated by the anti bomb squad today about 6pm,
It was said by eye-witnesses that the bomb was planted at the backyard of a storey building at a street just a few metres from the RSUST Backgate,
The bomb was discovered by the street children who where playing and was brought to the road leading directly to the RSUST Backgate, ,when the Anti - Bomb squad came.,they tested the 1piece of the 24-Round Bomb.,which fortunately exploded,so the Squad took away the remaining.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/624379_248832_10150283267104416_785169415_9157361_5641912_n_jpg7cf39e2cd0ffba2740f944edb83fbb0a
The nation was saved another tragedy on Saturday in Port Harcourt as an explosive was uncovered in the Rivers State capital. It took the timely arrival of a bomb disposal squad to foil the bid to waste innocent lives.

The killer object was said to have been found in the densely populated Diobu area of the capital city by residents.
It was gathered that an unusual sound from a can in a spot in Ojina Street about 5pm around Iloabuchi by Abel Jumbo axis of Diobu attracted the residents.

Sensing trouble, the residents alerted the police to the strange object.
A bomb disposal unit later arrived the scene and took the object away.

The fear of the residents was confirmed when the object was found to have an electronic gadget attached to it.
Efforts to get police reaction before press time drew blank.
However, a dependable source confirmed that the police were “examining what looked like an explosive.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/29/national-29-01-2012-007.html
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by Yeske2(m): 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2012
Na wah o
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 29, 2012
remember recently the fire that happened in ust caused by a bomb. now this one!
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by jeremiaz: 12:15am On Jan 29, 2012
The person who planted the bomb was not seen, ,but suspicions are on maybe boko harm representatives,
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by sweetcocoa(f): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2012
Time to leave this country don reach.
*traveling mode activated*

2 Likes

Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 10:37am On Jan 29, 2012
I'm not suspecting the dangerous boko haram yet, I suspect MEND. Those criminals are killers.
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by texazzpete(m): 11:00am On Jan 29, 2012
Fallout of Boko Haram bombings is this mass hysteria. Everywhere we're hearing of 'plots' being 'exposed' by police in the South. Innocent hausa suya sellers and shoemakers are being arrested and paraded as 'suspected Boko Haram'.

I'm 90% sure this has nothing to do with Boko Haram. Probably wasn't even a bomb sef.
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by okpurukata(f): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2012
I have been saying it and will continue to repeat it that this evil will eventually spread. We PH residents and indeed other southerners need to be careful. We are simply too loose. Does anybody ever inspect those lorries carrying yam, tomatoes, cow, etc as they enter the city. These are all viable sources of importing bombs. The truth is dat no one is safe from these blood suckers. It is indeed a war situation. God help us.
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by Caseless: 11:08am On Jan 29, 2012
SS feeling wen naija break up, there wil b peace can now see dat nowhre is safe as far as dis country is concern. And who tod u we wl not breakup with our old disease contacted frm say ' former nigeria'? Let's keep praying, so that GOD can help us. GOD bless nigeria!
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 29, 2012
sweetcocoa:

Time to leave this country don reach.
*traveling mode activated*

Also Activating Mine too Before dem come Lagos , Na wao Plz God Help Us Save Nigeria what is all this for Fu[i]c[/i]king sake? angry
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by kizito96(m): 11:13am On Jan 29, 2012
Please every body should be vigilant during this period
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by betrani(m): 11:16am On Jan 29, 2012
Somebody is payin Somebody, to bomb somebody! And nobody is questioniny Anybody over the death of everbody!
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by destones: 11:24am On Jan 29, 2012
Does it mean that one can not listen to any goodnews in Nigeria again?
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by PINKBABE: 11:26am On Jan 29, 2012
I nid help can post a topic? I step 2 step guide
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by antartica(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2012
It is not just stopping at nigeria breaking up,it might escalate to all round destruction of nigeria if a very drastic action is not taken.And that drastic action is accountability.

This is not the time gej should be taking over 70 otimkpus to the meeting of toothless african bulldogs,wasting tax payers hard earned resources.It is a time of sober reflection and mental enlightenment.It is a time to fight and time time sift the chaffs from the harvest.
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by PINKBABE: 11:37am On Jan 29, 2012
Pls i nid a guide on how to start a new topic, i v tins dat i ll like us to discuss in d house. A step 2 step guide ll help tnx
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by buzor(m): 11:46am On Jan 29, 2012
@pink babe or what ever u call your self. which step to step guide re u looking for? or re u trying to get a topic to d front page. i laugh in benin!
if u want to post a topic, go to a section which suits your topic, u ll see 'post topic'
goodluck!
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by eunisam: 11:50am On Jan 29, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by antartica(m): 11:54am On Jan 29, 2012
buzor:

@pink babe or what ever u call your self. which step to step guide re u looking for? or re u trying to get a topic to d front page. i laugh in benin!
if u want to post a topic, go to a section which suits your topic, u ll see 'post topic'
goodluck!

Log on like u have now,go to politics,look to your top centre right hand corner,you will see newtopic,click on that,voila.
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by prettyboi1(m): 11:55am On Jan 29, 2012
PINK BABE:

Pls i nid a guide on how to start a new topic, i v tins dat i ll like us to discuss in d house. A step 2 step guide ll help tnx

@pink babe,go to the nairaland home page,click on any of the sections you think is related to what you want to post(or if you like,click on general.when you click on general,it would open up all the different sections of nairaland,pick the one related to your topic.) When you enter these sections,check either the top right or bottom right corners of the screen you'll see "new topic". click on it & start your topic/thread.
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2012
Travelling mode activated too sad
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by dabrake(m): 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2012
de_stones:

Does it mean that one can not listen to any goodnews in Nigeria again?
after recent episodes, i can boldly tell you that this is good news. A death averted news is now considered good news. IMHO
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by misterh(m): 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2012
The topic is wrong. Detonate means 'to explode'
@op, i believe that this is just sheer luck. Who knows hw many more are in different parts of the state? WE NEED EFFECTIVE INTELLIGENCE GATHERING!
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by otondo55: 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
Must we continue killing each other, where we can live side by side in peace as different entities. We are all saying the same thing in different ways, lets use our head not mouth.  
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by ignis: 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2012
Boko haram in PH?
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by begwong: 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2012
@PINK BABE,hit the sent a topic icon and start your thread.Your thread can only make it to the front page @ the discretion of the Moderator(s).Gudluck!
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by chopwell: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
na wa o. God help us undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by violent(m): 12:58pm On Jan 29, 2012
why can't this country spend half of the amount budgeted for the President's food in buying thousands of bomb sniffer dogs from the US?  Isn't that a faster more effective way of detecting explosives than depending on kids to chance upon them while out in their play grounds?

Wouldn't we be a step closer in combating this heinous terrorist attacks if each officer held a bomb sniffer dog at every major Police check point?

Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by olafemi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2012
okpurukata:

I have been saying it and will continue to repeat it that this evil will eventually spread. We PH residents and indeed other southerners need to be careful. We are simply too loose. Does anybody ever inspect those lorries carrying yam, tomatoes, cow, etc as they enter the city. These are all viable sources of importing bombs. The truth is dat no one is safe from these blood suckers. It is indeed a war situation. God help us.

My Brother you need to see the way Nigeria police were searching those guys that brings yam to slaughther (PHC)market,i saw them on Trans Amadi Road weeks back and the police are doing a great Job on that part but mind you if they northerners want to bring in Bombs do you think they are gong to use those yam/tomatoes/Cow carriers?NO NA.
I think they have other means to bring in these bombs
Re: Anti-bomb Squad Detonates A Bomb In Port Harcourt by lilkech(m): 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
violent:

why can't this country spend half of the amount budgeted for the President's food in buying thousands of bomb sniffer dogs from the US?  Isn't that a faster more effective way of detecting explosives than depending on kids to chance upon them while out in their play grounds?

Wouldn't we be a step closer in combating this heinous terrorist attacks if each officer held a bomb sniffer dog at every major Police check point?

AND CARRY THE DOGS AND HAND OVER TO ALL THOSE CALABAR POLICE MEN WHO WILL IMMEDIATELY USE THEIR ' roger ' MONEY TO BUY THE BIGGEST POT TO USE IN ROASTING THE POOR DOGS ?

bomb sniffer ko - knockout smeller ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Childhood & Youthful Pictures Of Nigerian Heroes & Celebrities / Landlord To Evict Lai Mohammed's Ministry In Abia For Failure To Pay Rent / Fayose Set To Regain Freedom From EFCC Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.