Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

What Is Spirituality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Spirituality? (965 Views)

What Is Spirituality? / Is Spirituality Subjective Or Objective? / What Is Spirituality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Spirituality? by izinbizi(m): 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2012
Click on the link below to ask questions on spirituality

http://genesis2v7..com/
Re: What Is Spirituality? by Lasinoh: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2012
No blog-clicking.
I can think for myself. Thank you! kiss

Spirituality is a personalized channel of OPEN AND DIRECT communication between one entity and another. It is based on the ethical principle of an actively-working conscience, an underlying cardinal framework of ETHICS and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with religion or prophets/pastors/priests as the mouth/nyansh pieces of any divinity. kiss

All adherents of ANY religion lose the concept to various degrees with Christians being the very WORST!  kiss

Why? Because they lose the ability to think rationally. cool
Re: What Is Spirituality? by izinbizi(m): 12:00am On Jan 29, 2012
Spirituality is a personalized channel of OPEN communication between one entity and another. It is based on the ethical principle of an actively-working conscience, an underlying principle of ETHICS and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with religion or prophets/pastors/priests as the mouth/nyansh[sic][unneccessary] pieces of any divinity.

All adherents of ANY religion lose the concept to various degrees with Christians being the very WORST!

The rational part of your post are in bold, others are simply incorrect.

1. Communication in Spirtuality is not between "an entity and another". Spirituality is a theoritical/mental concept which exists only in the realm of the soul and seeks to develope a "personalised channel" between the Material and the Spiritual. Spirit communication with Spirit is beyond mental and material scope. Hence Spirituality is a mental concept that exist in the material realm seeking to establish a link between the material and the Spiritual.

2. Spirituality has nothing to do with ethics and conscience. Conscience is of the soul in which influences, exposure, experience, nature, etc determine appreciation of judgement, laws, rights & wrongs. Conscience and Ethics are judgements relative to the holder and a condemned personality may truly be of high spirituality.

3. Yes Spirituality has nothing to do with religion with so called prophets etc but I disagree on placing a degree of deviation on any religion

The blog is meant for serious conversations on the topic, such that it is not derailed since it is a part of a website for the society for spiritual awareness. Posts here easily stray off the topic.
Re: What Is Spirituality? by Lasinoh: 12:29am On Jan 29, 2012
No further comments!
I do believe we have hit an impasse.
Thanks for your lovely thread. kiss
Next please. cool
Re: What Is Spirituality? by emofine2(f): 9:30am On Jan 29, 2012
Interesting. I've often asked myself this question.

Spirituality has nothing to do with ethics

Yes Spirituality has nothing to do with religion

These are the first two things that came to my mind also. Thinking for ones self . . I would highlight as another component of spirituality. I believe spirituality is more individual than collective - which personally I admire.

Thus is spirituality objective or subjective?
Re: What Is Spirituality? by izinbizi(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2012
Thanks Emofine for your contribution and question.

Note my acceptance of Lasinoh's input that Spirituality seeks to develope a "personalized channel". Spirituality is neither collective nor shared not even between twin siblings - which is where it clashes with the concept of a structure, pattern, procession or place of worship as is common in religion. It is completely individualistic.

On the question of Objectivity or Subjectivity.

Objectivity is based on fact and what is observable while Subjectivity is based on perception. Spirituality is a concept, a theory which is based on undeniable FACTS. Here again Spirituality clashes with religion because religion leaves unanswered questions to "divinity" while spirituality confirms the spiritual using science and scientific procedures. Spirituality is a highly intellectual pursuit.

Sorry for the late post, I just came on Nairaland and have been discussing in the facebook society and developing the blog.
Re: What Is Spirituality? by emofine2(f): 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2012
izi-n-bizi:

Thanks Emofine for your contribution and question.

Note my acceptance of Lasinoh's input that Spirituality seeks to develope a "personalized channel". Spirituality is neither collective nor shared not even between twin siblings - which is where it clashes with the concept of a structure, pattern, procession or place of worship as is common in religion. It is completely individualistic.

On the question of Objectivity or Subjectivity.

Objectivity is based on fact and what is observable while Subjectivity is based on perception. Spirituality is a concept, a theory which is based on undeniable FACTS. Here again Spirituality clashes with religion because religion leaves unanswered questions to "divinity" while spirituality confirms the spiritual using science and scientific procedures.  Spirituality is a highly intellectual pursuit. 

Sorry for the late post, I just came on Nairaland and have been discussing in the facebook society and developing the blog.

Were you discussing this particular subject on the Facebook society? If so can you please post a link if you're so willing. Thanks.
Re: What Is Spirituality? by izinbizi(m): 2:26am On Jan 31, 2012
Hi Emofine,
We are creating a facebook society, a blog and a website for Spiritual Awareness.  I was discussing questions from interested participants who happen to be friends on my personal facebook page. U can read various postings on the society facebook page by following the link below, click on the page's wall below the logo.
Once the operation of the facebook group is developed, it will be made public and anyone can join, this should be very soon.  We hope to end up with an e-congregation of individuals with deep personal relationship with their Essence. It is a virtual society where members are expected to be connected spiritually and not socially, having an identity in the society is formality and unimportant as true membership is ideally spiritual. the society is a non profit organisation, thanks to virtual platforms (Google, Facebook, wikipedia, Nairaland etc) that provide channels for communication thereby eliminating the need for contributions or offerings of any sort and the formal structure/principles/laws/demands/routines etc found in Religion.

I am unable to comment further here and wish interested participants comment in the blog, before the facebook group is launched for public participation.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Society-for-Spiritual-Awareness/108907419170695
Re: What Is Spirituality? by emofine2(f): 8:12am On Jan 31, 2012
Are the discussions hidden because I don't really see much of a dialogue there undecided Excuse me for my ignorance but Facebook is not my thing so I don't really know much about how the site operates. Perhaps you can post a few of those questions here and set up a discussion - if you're so willing or I may even reconcile with Facebook one day.

It's really interesting as yesterday I had a discussion with my sister about belief etc and just because I'm not Christian she was thus asking me if I'm muslim etc . . .basically she wanted to know which "one" I was. But I was slightly taken back because I was thinking, do I have to adhere to any of the religions in order to exercise faith besides does my personal belief need a label. . .
Re: What Is Spirituality? by izinbizi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2012
Hi Emofine
When you are on a spiritual course, your communications and interactions are no longer determined by you and your sphere becomes universal - such occurence are very common in spirtuality. As you progress in your Spiritual Awareness, You will observe soon that events in ur life may become completely out of your control and directions and purpose will be clearer. In the same light, your relationship will no longer be restricted to the known or those you are feel connected to socially or physically as your reach will not be of the material or soul. So you can expect more of such "coincidence" when you delve more into Spirituality, at times it really gets complicated and frightening, like you may live out your future and be very aware of your tomorrow. It also comes with a very high level of sacrifice in your relationships, loyalty, devotion, addictions and will have to make alot of sudden changes and seemingly "illogical" decisions. Your life takes a new turn and its never gonna be business as usual. In spirituality all things are possible and all heights are attainable, there are no bounds depending on your devotion to the Creator, the Spirit of Life, your Essence.
The message is not for all, some are meant to be in light, while others will only see it from far, those that are called to Light will be attracted to it. All is determined by Era (timing in Life), Purpose and WILL.

Comments and dialogue will be in the group when it is opened, you were directed to a page where tenets of spirituality are currently being posted.
Re: What Is Spirituality? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2012
I'll tell you what spirituality is not. It is not about worshiping some deity, any deity. The worship of any deity is religiosity, not spirituality.
Re: What Is Spirituality? by izinbizi(m): 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2012
Very true Jenwitemi,
There is no deity in Spirituality, whatever guise it may be presented. Deity you worship is not external because you are not seperate from deity, your Essence is deity and deity is you.

(1) (Reply)

Billy Graham's Son Franklin Causes A Storm By Suggesting Obama May Be Muslim / TB Joshua's Recent Ministry And Anointing Prophesied In The 60s / Please Help Me,im Confused.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.