Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,740 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union (9907 Views)

Ministerial List: Buhari Only Sent 21 Names, To Send Other Before Tuesday / 9 Year Old Girl Donates Her Lunch Money, Pocket Money To APC (read Her Letter) / Five Countries To Send 8,700 Troops To Help Jonathan's Govt. Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by donjerry01: 11:52pm On Jan 28, 2012
My Story

On the 21st January 2012 I sent 200 pounds from London to my wife in Lagos with western union, 23rd January 2012 morning got a call from my wife that after filling the forms and giving all details and ID Card to one of the lady staff at First Bank Ikotun branch she was told the MTCN number is incorrect. I immediately call western Union, surprise, surprise  I was told the money has been picked up the same day afternoon, some were called Ago-Iwoye  in Ogun State.

Any way Western Union promise to get back to me within 14 days, after completing investigation.

Please brothers and sister I need advice on what to do, has any one experience this? How can I get my money back? Who is to be held responsible? Thanks
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by OmoTier1(m): 12:01am On Jan 29, 2012
You would get your refund so long as their investigation prove that your recipient is not culpable.
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by obowunmi(m): 12:27am On Jan 29, 2012
lmao! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by Lasinoh: 12:51am On Jan 29, 2012
Why you dey London and your "wife" dey Lagos? wink
Not my business sha! lipsrsealed

Sorry for your experience!
Women really need money ALWAYS.
Please, send anoda. She may not be as patient as my very self.

Just sayin' wink
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by olubuffett: 1:11am On Jan 29, 2012
na one chance be that! this is not new, someone in the bank had a field day on your expense, anyway West union will give you your money back.
Next time use a local money transfer co and make sure they send the money to your wife's account, she will get it same day.

2 Likes

Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by BlackPikiN(m): 1:26am On Jan 29, 2012
If there was a Nigerian close to you when you sent that money.
Na im be say the person don play fast one on you.

I went to a store to send money to my sis and the lady said there was a temporary hold on Nigeria on transfers.
I con tell am say where my sis dey no be where the bomb dey blow, she con say make she try send am.
I begin wonder if bomb blast dey stop money transfer.
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 29, 2012
Yahoo boys are quite sharp,it was either someone stole the mtcn in london or in Lag and First bank Ago iwoye is responsible for performing dully. There is a new rule since Aug 2011 that account holders can only receive western union at their bank(CBN rule),so the collector can be easily traced.
If not then the bank can be penalised for contravening banking best practices.you can sue them.
Yahoo boys in the past connive with bank staff (particularly in first bank) so they disregard other details and pay out cash as long as the mtcn is available.
CBN on 19th December halted western union transactions to Nigeria for a short while to take stock of transfer volume and related issues.
Immediately report the case to the Efcc for prompt investigation.
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by NegroNtns(m): 6:15am On Jan 29, 2012
OP,

Usually there is a test question and answer. Did you fill that?

1. Someone peeped over your shoulder and obtained all the info and then contacted Ago Iwoye to collect the money.
2. There are duplicate copies of the filled form. The duplicate got in wrong hands!
3. A staff at the transaction point in London did an inside job!
4. You have to communicate the MTCN to your wife. Your communication and its context was overheard or got in wrong ears or eyes if it was text.
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by donjerry01: 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2012
Thanks for all ur contribution, I suspect it was an inside job from the first bank staff, why did the staff at the Ikotun branch told my wife the mcn number was incorrect when it was correct after obtaning all the detials? This theives has to be stop its ruining our beloved country Nigeria.
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by Scream(m): 1:30am On Jan 30, 2012
It is not possible for the bank staff to have access to all the information provided except if ur wife gave him/her. For over one year, First Bank adopted a process where u write the first six digits of the MTCN and enter the remaining four on a pin-pad which only ur wife ought to see. Maybe she gave out information to criminals or something else. Ask ur wife wot transpired in the banking hall.

2 Likes

Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by Beaf: 1:49am On Jan 30, 2012
Open an account you can pay money into or transfer the money over the internet. Which kain Western Union?

1 Like

Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by sleekp1: 1:57am On Jan 30, 2012
Contact me and I'd give you the phone number of a Nigerian owned business at Forest Gate (East London) who I use. The only trouble I've had with them is the rate. For example while others are exchanging #250 to the £, my contact always remove #5. Lol!!!

Anyway back to topic, I think you'll get your money back.

Lasinoh:

Why you dey London and your "wife" dey Lagos? wink
Not my business sha! lipsrsealed
Women really need money ALWAYS.
Please, send anoda. She may not be as patient as my very self.
Just sayin' wink

Dude, why do you always embarass your self with childish statements like the above? Na by force to post?

1 Like

Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by Lasinoh: 2:15am On Jan 30, 2012
sleek_p:

[size=20pt]Contact me and I'd give you the phone number of a Nigerian owned business at Forest Gate (East London) who I use. [/size] The only trouble I've had with them is the rate. For example while others are exchanging #250 to the £, my contact always remove #5. Lol!!!

Anyway back to topic, I think you'll get your money back.

Dude, why do you always embarass your self with childish statements like the above? Na by force to post?

Haba! Sleek Stranger Poohsie 'unter! Long time nor see dis ya ID o! wink

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=139082.msg2330453#msg2330453
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=137785.msg2330857#msg2330857

Don't you ever get tired of chasing me all over NL? grin
What makes you think I would be interested in someone who lives in "EAST LONDON"?
You dey kraze? undecided
Abi you think say I be Ashawo Gambari? angry
Na your levo be dat abeg. . .drrrrrrrrrrrrress comot jor!
Rubbbish!!! angry

Love is not by force sweerie, Lerrit go!

Head to the Romance and Se-xuality sections for desparate biatches of your caliber huh?
Toto water smell get to dry kpata kpata for ya head before you look in my direction please! kiss
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by dayokanu(m): 2:38am On Jan 30, 2012
Hmm na wa ooo
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by solihu(m): 8:15am On Jan 30, 2012
shocked shocked mehn! I commot cap o. See levels grin
Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by Gsmxpert(m): 9:14am On Jan 30, 2012
Most of the bank staff are criminals, I was sent $2000 from chile, I got to the bank, the sharp warri guy collected my id card and
I filled all the form, later he told me my mtcn is not correct. I called chile instantly only for the man to tell me he just received an sms
that i have just picked up the money, I went to the managers office straight and told him i am general XXXXXX son see what just happend

Am telling you that guy is no longer a banker now, the manager gave me my money the next day with extra transport. angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: No More Safe To Send Money To Nigeria With Western Union by Lasinoh: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2012
All the Yoruba people in that bank need to be fired ASAP! kiss
Ogun state is the capital of 419 in Western Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Remain PDP Secretary —oyinlola / Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? / Abia State Development- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.