Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. (13790 Views)

Invasion Of Nigeria By Benin Rep:1914 Agreement Has Expired, Boni Yayi Tells PMB / Buhari Receives H.E. Boni-Yayi, Benin Republic President In Abuja (photos) / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 5:30am On Jan 30, 2012
After going thru this thread, I figured out something. In a country of the blind, the guy with one eye rules, with all these insults on the president, I think that means He's better than y'all. If he's retard, we are immobile for his actions determine if we move or not, if he has coconut head, that means we all have no head for indeed we elected him there, if he always bride ppl to get there, that makes us all thieves for accepting his bribe to put him there. Orale carnal.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by MarcAnthon(m): 5:41am On Jan 30, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ Sorry I know I have asked before, Are you sure you are Ibo?

Cos you seem independent minded

Lol. Yes I am. Are you implying that igbos aren't independent minded? Don't let the igbo warlords here hear that o.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 30, 2012
After causing disunity in the AU by rushing to recognize Libyan rebels even when the AU leadership tried to broker peace, he now turns around to contest for the leadership position in thesame body. A joker. This clearly shows we have a daftee as president who does not do his homework very well.

He thinks other African countries have leaders with short memories like Nigerians that will forget PDP atrocities in 2015 election.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by dayokanu(m): 6:34am On Jan 30, 2012
MarcAnthon:

Lol. Yes I am. Are you implying that igbos aren't independent minded? Don't let the igbo warlords here hear that o.

Thats cool to know but the way you are airing your views and not subscribing to the herd mentality,

It wont be long before you are tagged an efulefu that is if you haven't been called that already
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by toysmall: 7:27am On Jan 30, 2012
Thank you Ghana I hope you will like my recommendation,More information can be found online at

http://www.fashionmaternitydress.com http://www.bangaccessory.com http://www.petaccessoryonline.com

http://www.bangdigitalaccessory.com
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:35am On Jan 30, 2012
The guy is a fug, he will never win an election in a free and fair.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by nasty45(m): 7:37am On Jan 30, 2012
GEJ loosed out of the race cos his of his wife's BROKEN vocabs.lil wonda y e went wit much delegates."I'L RADA LOOSE THE AU SEAT THAN SUPPORT MY HUSBAND"
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by cardoso111(m): 7:54am On Jan 30, 2012
Outsiders know quite well that GEJ has a lot of work to do on the home front.They know and feel it more!!
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by kokoA(m): 8:09am On Jan 30, 2012
When I heard this news on Rythm fm this morning it sounded so funny. They were like GEJ tried to force his way in at the last minute but Ghana led an "Aluta" that eventually threw him out of the race. Na wah o grin
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by 1025: 8:20am On Jan 30, 2012
at least, nigerians now know that no jega, no winning for jonathan. africans are wise because electing badluck is introducing pdp and boko haram to the african masses.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by kokoA(m): 8:23am On Jan 30, 2012
cry cry cryBut what have we done to Ghana to deserve this embarrasment nau cry cry cry
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Idealkocep: 8:26am On Jan 30, 2012
Why are you guys beefing the Man GEJ? Instead of suppporting him at this moment, everybody is busy washing his/her dirty linen in the public. Is this how we are going to build this country? I tell you most of you guys will perform worse than the Man Jonathan if giving the opportunity.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by babestella: 8:58am On Jan 30, 2012
Uncle Jona wey never fit run the affairs of his country he wants to run the whole of Africa?? He should go and sit down before Boko haram begin bomb the whole of Africa now.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by 1025: 9:17am On Jan 30, 2012
Why are you guys beefing the Man GEJ? Instead of suppporting him at this moment, everybody is busy washing his/her dirty linen in the public. Is this how we are going to build this country? I tell you most of you guys will perform worse than the Man Jonathan if giving the opportunity.

@idealkocep,
until we start telling ourselves the truth, nothing will change here. it is only a fool that keeps doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
are we still giant of Africa? the answer is noooooooo. we are no giant of africa. benin republic president winning nigerian president, if our joe get shame, the news this morning will be that he has committed sui,
do u think joe will loose if our own jega was in charge of that election? no he will come out with a land sliding victory as usual.
instead of a president to use his office to bring peace to his own state(bayelsa) he is busy using his political muscles to bring about disunity in his state. joe brought bombing to nigeria and is gradually taking these bombing to his state.
look at nigeria, many committees probing many frauds yet non has come out or will come out with anything reasonable.
how can a man whose wife is a criminal be bold enough to look at someone else in the face and call that one criminal.
do you think other africans are as blind as nigerians on the crimes of this pdp govt?
abeg get serious.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by phreakabit(m): 9:20am On Jan 30, 2012
MarcAnthon:

You are the true definition of OLODO
So because they did not support his badly thought out, power hungry decision to renege on a gentleman's agreement to put forward the Benin president it means they have a grudge against Nigeria eh? When will you guys get your heads out of Jonadunce's ars3 and become your own men?
If he had any sense and shame at all he'd have even sent his foreign minister there in the first place so he could stay back home and try to fix all the wahala on the home front as well as save some face wrt his ignominious stance during the Ghadaffi saga.
Rather he went there with an overbloated entourage to seek to usurp an agreement. Thank God they disgraced him. Id1ot!

Well I am sorry you see things that way. . . . For all I care To hell with GEJ and his ambitions I could give a sh!t less about him. I was speaking based on a bunch of decisions taken against Nigeria by other Afican countries in various African organisations. You come across as one who seems to think they know too much. But at a closer look, it becomes obvious that you are an epitome of the term "Jack of all trade master of none."  I am not implying that you wear "Yellow shorts" but I have been thinking. . . . When will mentally deranged people, learn to read posts properly before jumping into conclusion, and making excessively retarded comments[b]?[/b] Possibly when people like you learn to channel their energy towards their sub-blue collar 9 to 5 job, and stop dying to be relevant on a freaking ONLINE FORUM! Anyway, judging by your post, you have transcended the point of stupidity into a dimension unknowing. You are an unchallengeable proof that evolution can actually go in reverse mode too.
Next time learn to make your opinion known without insults.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 30, 2012
The man needs a sense of priority. He has his hands full with stuff going on in his country.
THAT is where his attention should be. I rebuke the tendency of scatter-head in GEJ in Jesus Name.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Idealkocep: 10:28am On Jan 30, 2012
1025:

@idealkocep,
until we start telling ourselves the truth, nothing will change here. it is only a fool that keeps doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
are we still giant of Africa? the answer is noooooooo. we are no giant of africa. benin republic president winning nigerian president, if our joe get shame, the news this morning will be that he has committed sui,
do u think joe will loose if our own jega was in charge of that election? no he will come out with a land sliding victory as usual.
instead of a president to use his office to bring peace to his own state(bayelsa) he is busy using his political muscles to bring about disunity in his state. joe brought bombing to nigeria and is gradually taking these bombing to his state.
look at nigeria, many committees probing many frauds yet non has come out or will come out with anything reasonable.
how can a man whose wife is a criminal be bold enough to look at someone else in the face and call that one criminal.
do you think other africans are as blind as nigerians on the crimes of this pdp govt?
abeg get serious.

You are right on point, but you have failed to understand that the issue of Boko Haram is more of politiccs than usual islamic militancy experienced in the other part of the world. Were you not aware tha a Nigerian once said that if he is not elected as the president of this country that Nigeria will not know peace. Have you aske yourself, why is it that it is only when a southerner rules this country that those almajiris in the north ferment trouble in the name of religion. Yesterday it was sharia, now Boko Haram. I know Jonathan is not doing enough to out smart his opponents but if this country is to move on we should  all assist him in whatever way we can rather than criticising him from all front. The removal of the five states governor has been a welcome development in deepening our democratic values and norm. I am surprise you a looking at it from political perspective. Please open your eyes, there are things you are not seeing right. It is always easy to see the mistakes of players from spectators angle.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by FOF: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2012
many pple are grossly ignorant about several issues they comment on while a whole bunch of fools are Sahara Reporters just write and show what biase they hv about d govt of GEJ and their own selfish desires.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Orpysaint: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
Bro jona no gudluck 4 u dis tym arnund.a man dat can't put his aoz into oda shuld nt b allowed 2 head a community.dat Ghana guy i concor wif u.poor jona
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by santa101: 12:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
All Past leaders we have had in the country has always being at the helms of affair of organisations such as ecowas,Au, Oau etc, likes of Abacha,Babaginda,even Yar Adua etc, i wonder why everything is different with our so called president, Maybe he was not destined to rule us, He cant even manage the situation of his country, he wants to be AU Chairman, lol, what the heck was he thinking about,
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by werepeLeri: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
The OP is a big lier:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-858434.0.html

STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

President Jonathan Did Not Contest for AU Chairmanship

It has come to our attention that some media houses are alleging that President Goodluck Jonathan was "defeated" by President Yayi Boni of Benin Republic in the “contest” to elect a new African Union Chairman at the 18th AU summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This report is false and is only the latest in a series of sensational and fictional reporting in a bid to cast the administration of President Jonathan in bad light. Let me make the following clear:

1. It is not true that President Yayi Boni “defeated” President Goodluck Jonathan in an election; there was no contest in the first place and President Jonathan was not a candidate for the AU Chairmanship position.

2. It is also not true that President John Atta Mills opposed President Jonathan at any time. Ghana and Nigeria enjoy excellent relations.

3. It is true, however, that in the last week, some newspapers have been speculating that President Jonathan may be adopted by the ECOWAS Heads of States and Governments to be the next chairman of the African Union, since it was the turn of ECOWAS to produce the AU Chairman for 2012-2013. Mr. President was indeed approached by leaders within and outside the West African sub-region to take up the challenge of leading the AU for the next one year.

4. While appreciating this kind gesture, President Jonathan resolved that he needed time to focus on domestic affairs in Nigeria, and that it would be practically difficult for him to combine the three positions of President of Nigeria, Chairman of ECOWAS and Chairman of African Union. He therefore rejected the offer.

5. In order to make his position clear, President Jonathan, in his capacity as ECOWAS Chairman, summoned a mini-Summit of ECOWAS at the AU Commission Headquarters on Saturday, January 28, 2012, to ensure that there was a meeting of minds on the position of AU Chairman. His preference, he noted, would be for ECOWAS to adopt the leader of another country, in order to promote a sense of belonging among member-states. Nigeria, having occupied the position of AU Chairman four times in the past, would readily support any such country.

6. As it turned out, the President of the Republic of Benin had indicated interest in the position, which paved the way for his unanimous adoption by the ECOWAS Heads of State as the sub-region’s candidate for the AU Chair. Thus, it becomes obvious that President Jonathan rather than being “defeated” by President Yayi Boni of Benin actually facilitated his emergence as AU Chairman.

Reuben Abati

Special Adviser to the President

(Media and Publicity)

January 30, 2012
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Demdem(m): 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2012
Medicine after death. Who wan believe his lies? Abati is a Liar.
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by MarcAnthon(m): 2:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
dayokanu:

Thats cool to know but the way you are airing your views and not subscribing to the herd mentality,

It wont be long before you are tagged an efulefu that is if you haven't been called that already

grin grin I actually have to answer to me only as regards my views, so I don't really care about that. At any rate in igboland, as far as I know, every man answers his father's name.

phreakabit:

Well I am sorry you see things that way. . . . For all I care To hell with GEJ and his ambitions I could give a droppings less about him. I was speaking based on a bunch of decisions taken against Nigeria by other Afican countries in various African organisations. You come across as one who seems to think they know too much. But at a closer look, it becomes obvious that you are an epitome of the term "Jack of all trade master of none."  I am not implying that you wear "Yellow shorts" but I have been thinking. . . . When will mentally deranged people, learn to read posts properly before jumping into conclusion, and making excessively slow comments[b]?[/b] Possibly when people like you learn to channel their energy towards their sub-blue collar 9 to 5 job, and stop dying to be relevant on a freaking ONLINE FORUM! Anyway, judging by your post, you have transcended the point of stupidity into a dimension unknowing. You are an unchallengeable proof that evolution can actually go in reverse mode too.
Next time learn to make your opinion known without insults.

grin grin grin
You are trying too hard to sound intelligent. Did I make you feel small?
At the end of the day you couldn't answer these questions: So because they did not support his badly thought out, power hungry decision to renege on a gentleman's agreement to put forward the Benin president it means they have a grudge against Nigeria eh? When will you guys get your heads out of Jonadunce's ars3 and become your own men?
Please provide a coherent response if you must reply, otherwise I am out of here.

P.S: If you're Nigerian you should know that 'insults' like olodo and idi0t are 'a tap on the cheek' kind of 'insults'. No offeiiense
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by phreakabit(m): 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
MarcAnthon:

grin grin grin
You are trying too hard to sound intelligent. Did I make you feel small?
At the end of the day you couldn't answer these questions: So because they did not support his badly thought out, power hungry decision to renege on a gentleman's agreement to put forward the Benin president it means they have a grudge against Nigeria eh? When will you guys get your heads out of Jonadunce's ars3 and become your own men?
Please provide a coherent response if you must reply, otherwise I am out of here.

P.S: If you're Nigerian you should know that 'insults' like olodo and idi0t are 'a tap on the cheek' kind of 'insults'. No offeiiense

The day an INTELLIGENT blue collared job second third class wannabe citizen of America, makes me feel "small" will probably be after I am dead. Your case is however different, You are come across as a well schooled imbecilé(not an insult), who is unconscious of the fact he is one. . . . Wait a minute, what am I doing? Your daily shift starts at 9am. So off to work or should I say "Jab" you go now lilliputian.

If you are Nigerian you should know what the term Jab means.  wink  grin No offeiiense
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by jaybee(f): 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2012
werepeLeri:

The OP is a big lier:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-858434.0.html

STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

President Jonathan Did Not Contest for AU Chairmanship

It has come to our attention that some media houses are alleging that President Goodluck Jonathan was "defeated" by President Yayi Boni of Benin Republic in the “contest” to elect a new African Union Chairman at the 18th AU summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This report is false and is only the latest in a series of sensational and fictional reporting in a bid to cast the administration of President Jonathan in bad light. Let me make the following clear:

1. It is not true that President Yayi Boni “defeated” President Goodluck Jonathan in an election; there was no contest in the first place and President Jonathan was not a candidate for the AU Chairmanship position.

2. It is also not true that President John Atta Mills opposed President Jonathan at any time. Ghana and Nigeria enjoy excellent relations.

3. It is true, however, that in the last week, some newspapers have been speculating that President Jonathan may be adopted by the ECOWAS Heads of States and Governments to be the next chairman of the African Union, since it was the turn of ECOWAS to produce the AU Chairman for 2012-2013. Mr. President was indeed approached by leaders within and outside the West African sub-region to take up the challenge of leading the AU for the next one year.

4. While appreciating this kind gesture, President Jonathan resolved that he needed time to focus on domestic affairs in Nigeria, and that it would be practically difficult for him to combine the three positions of President of Nigeria, Chairman of ECOWAS and Chairman of African Union. He therefore rejected the offer.

5. In order to make his position clear, President Jonathan, in his capacity as ECOWAS Chairman, summoned a mini-Summit of ECOWAS at the AU Commission Headquarters on Saturday, January 28, 2012, to ensure that there was a meeting of minds on the position of AU Chairman. His preference, he noted, would be for ECOWAS to adopt the leader of another country, in order to promote a sense of belonging among member-states. Nigeria, having occupied the position of AU Chairman four times in the past, would readily support any such country.

6. As it turned out, the President of the Republic of Benin had indicated interest in the position, which paved the way for his unanimous adoption by the ECOWAS Heads of State as the sub-region’s candidate for the AU Chair. Thus, it becomes obvious that President Jonathan rather than being “defeated” by President Yayi Boni of Benin actually facilitated his emergence as AU Chairman.

Reuben Abati

Special Adviser to the President

(Media and Publicity)

January 30, 2012

Oh! This is an afterthought! Why didn’t you respond before the announcement of the contest? It was in the media that GEJ was contesting. And no one debunked it. Now he has crashed woefully and you are digressing.

Just maintain your tail in between tour legs. Shameless opportunists!
Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by LZAA: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2021
dasparrow:
Hallelujah!! God has answered my prayer. I am VERY pleased. GEJ cannot even rule Nigeria and he wants to rule AU and bring his badluck and 'foul air' to the whole African continent? Abeg! Thank God! phew! cheesy
How far na grin grin grin
Cc imhotep greenback

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by brown3: 11:43am On Feb 20, 2021
Gbawe:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-yayi-boni-benin-republic-defeats-nigerias-jonathan-become-au-chairman

this idiot was one of the people that put Nigeria into the mess Nigeria is facing. you will never have peace where ever you are.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
LZAA:

How far na grin grin grin
Cc im,hotep greenback
dasparrow is relishing sliced agege bread in the refugee camp right now.

cc bambambiglo

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Timeline For Subsequent Ministerial List- Presidency / North Moved Against Jonathan Because Of Oil Blocs – Ofeimun / N180bn For Delta, Akwa Ibom Got N130bn — N544bn Derivation Fund Was Shared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.