Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? (2640 Views)

Photo: A Car That Drives Sideways Like A Crab / InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars / Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
It's being long i drove a manual vehicle, ok i gave it a try with a very close friend vehicle clean car but a manual , from Oshodi to Ijaiye round trip and it was like i have lifted a 500kg object for like 2hours , all my body become very weak and hands swollen up and it gave me no other option than to come to the conclusion that it's only a cursed human being would go to the market and get himself a manual private car NOT BUSES
whats your opinion , please if you like manual vehicles i need your response why do you like it so much? some people are very rich and can afford automatic but still want manual vehicles why do you like it that much
Advises needed not Abuses
Thanks nairalanders
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by obowunmi(m): 12:42am On Jan 30, 2012
purefella:

It's being long i drove a manual vehicle, ok i gave it a try with a very close friend vehicle clean car but a manual , from Oshodi to Ijaiye round trip and it was like i have lifted a 500kg object for like 2hours , all my body become very weak and hands swollen up and it gave no option than to come to the conclusion that it's only a cursed human being would go to the market and get himself a manual private car NOT BUSES
whats your opinion , please if you like manual vehicles i need your response why do you like it so much? some people are very rich and can afford automatic but still want manual vehicles why do you like it that much
Thanks nairalanders

Choice
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 12:46am On Jan 30, 2012
You mean someone will choose to always get tired after the day ?? because he is being driving manual vehicle all around the town , ok i accept that it's a matter of choice but why will someone chooses the inconvenient over convenient ? that is what baffles me that am trying to know
thanks for reply , i need more replies from manual vehicles drivers grin grin
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by DECOtech(m): 1:02am On Jan 30, 2012
[quote author=purefella link=topic=858118.msg10077330#msg10077330 date=1327877and it gave me no other option than to come to the conclusion that it's only a cursed human being would go to the market and get himself a manual private car.
Thanks nairalanders
[quote][/quote] u already started wit a curse oh. As for me, I have an auto but still got myself a manual. There r many things a good driver can do with a manual tranny dat can't be done with an auto. Secondly, autos r boring to drive. They r so easy dat I often find myself dosing behind d wheel. I luv manual, n manual luvs me.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 1:06am On Jan 30, 2012
Thanks Decotech and am sorry if that word cursed scares a lil bit but i wasn't cursing anyone , i asked if it could only be the person is cursed that sounds harsh i know but that's how i felt after driving a manual vehicle and from your reply you stated that the auto appears to be too easy that you often find yourself behind the wheels , , Definitely you like things being uneasy than being easy , something that you can put more effort into to get what you want than just getting it right away hmmm thanks for reply i appreciate it . I need more replies Nlers thanks
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 30, 2012
I have a hard fast rule that I've never deviated from, my sports cars are all manual and my luxury cars are automatic.

If I expect to be conducting business while driving, i.e. meetings and such then I drive one of my auto powered cars.

I've been commuting 5 hours a day for the past 3 months in a manual car and I don't feel tired. And the car has a high performance clutch which requires more pedal force.

To each his own.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Joy2Dwise: 6:33am On Jan 30, 2012
Cursed? So that means you became cursed the moment you stepped on the manual car huh?

Gosh! Did you even bother to check the meaning of that word before you punched your keyboard?
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Nicols(m): 6:59am On Jan 30, 2012
@ Poster,
You don't have to be rude to express yourself 'cause your post really sound like a direct insult to people who drives manual cars. Auto transmitted cars from my understanding was originally designed for handicaps. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
There are over a hundred threads in this forum which outlined the advantages of the manual cars over the autos. Being ignorant of the pros and cons of both cars is not an excuse for you not to be discreet in your choice of words.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by jeezybuck: 7:43am On Jan 30, 2012
purefella:

it gave me no other option than to come to the conclusion that it's only a cursed human being would go to the market and get himself a manual private car

Make Sienna catch you, You go hear am.

Sienna where are thou ?
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Ikenna351(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2012
What kind of foolish, stupid & silly thread is this? Poster, that you are too lazy & lack the knowledge of proper clutch application/engagement, shouldnt give you the right to regard those that know better than you do as "cursed". This thread is very irritating.

Please keep to your auto trans & shut your trap!

Ikenna.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Somatic(m): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2012
@Ikenna? No need to be unduly vexed. The poor guy was just stating his feelings tho his choice of word leaves much to be desired. I believe he didn't mean to insult manual transmission users hence the 'question'.

@OP whether online and in real life interactions, please learn to pick yhur words appropriately so as not to be subject to misinterpretations from readers/listeners.

Like a poster rightly said, to each his own. Whatever rocks yhur boat( or in this case moves yhur vehicle,l )use it. Cheers.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Ikenna351(m): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
Somatic:

@Ikenna? No need to be unduly vexed. The poor guy was just stating his feelings tho his choice of word leaves much to be desired. I believe he didn't mean to insult manual transmission users hence the 'question'.

@OP whether online and in real life interactions, please learn to pick yhur words appropriately so as not to be subject to misinterpretations from readers/listeners.

Like a poster rightly said, to each his own. Whatever rocks yhur boat( or in this case moves yhur vehicle,l )use it. Cheers.

Sorry guys. I guess I overreacted. To be honest, my earlier post was a transfer aggression. A colleague upset me this morning at the office. So when when i saw this thread, I lost it. LOl grin grin grin grin

Anyway, Poster, pls next time, ask from Manual trans users like myself, what make them to be so passionate about or love manual tranny, in a polite manner and it would be explained to you. You don't have to make them angry to get true responses and explanations from them. Your post sounded so immature, as if you are a teenager. Or are you?

Ikenna.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by GoldCircle: 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
Just shows how shallow minded some people are! of all words in the dictionary, the most appropriate you found was 'cursed'?? i bet the OP doesn't even own a car! Gosh!

so before rides with auto transmission became as popular as they are today, all drivers and even our parents who owned manual cars were cursed abi?? i think you need to get your head examined!!!
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by patlead: 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
@purefella , wy are u so daft?

u hit ur head for wall before u write this thing.

the likes of lambos and ferraris with a stick shift are they poor at 400k dollars or 200,000 dollars, u beta wake up.

because u dey drive one 750k baby boi, u feel say u dey drive moto.

abeg tink before u talk next time, before we delete u for this forum
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
I can boldly say it that it's only Somatic that understand me properly , First ask yourself if that topic says Manual Vehicles Drivers are cursed people most of you that are annoyed with my post needs to buy and read a book at least A to Z common mistakes in English for beginners

I chooses that topic and use the word Curse to get what i wanted to know , grab the attention of people so that i can achieve what i wanted so many vital questions has been asked in this forum with no responses and i think you guys should have been used to it from the front cover of magazines and newspapers you read daily that the way a word is stated in the cover front doesn't mean the content of the true story rhymes with it

and finally i got what i wanted  grin grin and it doesn't mean i won't repeat the same in all of my future posts , infact it will only make me use such words more often

and finally from what i gathered i would say people sometimes like the inconvenient over the convenient and the uneasy over the easy and there are some people who enjoys things better if only they can use there own manpower to put it to work

If i get more positive replies i will appreciate it a lot and please note i am not abusing anybody
Thanks
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
You might also be interested in this
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-857428.0.html
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by gulfer: 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
purefella:

It's being long i drove a manual vehicle, ok i gave it a try with a very close friend vehicle clean car but a manual , from Oshodi to Ijaiye round trip and it was like i have lifted a 500kg object for like 2hours , all my body become very weak and hands swollen up and it gave me no other option than to come to the conclusion that it's only a cursed human being would go to the market and get himself a manual private car NOT BUSES
Thanks nairalanders
@ Poster, you better not let Sienna see this, some people are just passionate and not caused (as in your thread). Do you know some people are just sentimental and nostalgic about things especilally electronics and autos? My old man still treasures his LP player and i hope to one day inherit it and keep the tradition ongoing.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2012
gulfer:

@ Poster, you better not let Sienna see this, some people are just passionate and not caused (as in your thread). Do you know some people are just sentimental and nostalgic about things especilally electronics and autos? My old man still treasures his LP player and i hope to one day inherit it and keep the tradition ongoing.

Thanks for making me understand things properly that some people could be sentimental and nostalgic about some certain things but whats up with i better not let sienna see this broda are you a comedian will sienna flog me for saying my mind or what? If about 18 soldiers no go turn am to disable . this is the second time i get that response on this thread , IF YOU PEOPLE FEAR SIENNA THAT MUCH i bet you are one of those that can't say NO to what you don't like in the society , FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by gulfer: 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
purefella:

Thanks for making me understand things properly that some people could be sentimental and nostalgic about some certain things but whats up with i better not let sienna see this broda are you a comedian will sienna flog me for saying my mind or what? If about 18 soldiers no go turn am to disable . this is the second time i get that response on this thread , IF YOU PEOPLE FEAR SIENNA THAT MUCH i bet you are one of those that can't say NO to what you don't like in the society , FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!
You should take a joke if you make one so all pun intended when I said don't Let Sienna catch you.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by olsmade(m): 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2012
purefella:

I can boldly say it that it's only Somatic that understand me properly , First ask yourself if that topic says Manual Vehicles Drivers are cursed people[b] most of you that are annoyed with my post needs to buy[/b] and read a book at least A to Z common mistakes in English for beginners

I chooses that topic and use the word Curse to get what i wanted to know , grab the attention of people so that i can achieve what i wanted so many vital questions has been asked in this forum with no responses and i think you guys should have been used to it from the front cover of magazines and newspapers you read daily that the way a word is stated in the cover front doesn't mean the content of the true story rhymes with it

and finally i got what i wanted  grin grin and it doesn't mean i won't repeat the same in all of my future posts , infact it will only make me use such words more often

and finally from what i gathered i would say people sometimes like the inconvenient over the convenient and the uneasy over the easy and there are some people who enjoys things better if only they can use there own manpower to put it to work

If i get more positive replies i will appreciate it a lot and please note i am not abusing anybody
Thanks

if their z anybody on this thread that needs A to Z for beginners or whatever you called it, then it must be you.
With all the 'bolded' in your post and even the title of your thread, I must say that its a miracle the spambot has not nabbed you.
The sentence wiv the strike-through is an epic fail.

NB: This is not for the fact that I use a manual car.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2012
Well i didn't look into that when typing and do you think we are in the examination hall??
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by adesolar(m): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2012
This is the dumbest post I've ever seen,
And the grammar is abject. Did this guy pass G-2?
Mscheeeeew . . . hiss,
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Ikenna351(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
purefella:

I can boldly say it that it's only Somatic that understand me properly , First ask yourself if that topic says Manual Vehicles Drivers are cursed people most of you that are annoyed with my post needs to buy and read a book at least A to Z common mistakes in English for beginners

Thanks

Something is definitely wrong with this fellow upstairs.

Ikenna.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
The use of english language is a big problem for the poster. The moment I read his post I discovered he did not fully understand the meaning of "cursed". So, forgive him because he cannot put a simple sentence together.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by adesolar(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
, And the most hilarious thing is that HE is recommending ENGLISH FOR BEGINNERS?!!!!!!
Wonders shall never cease,

1 Like

Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by mastro: 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2012

[size=14pt]Is it cursed people that ask if the question "Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles"[/size]
or just people who don't understand English?

Na ask I de ask O!!!

grin
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
This thread is becoming funny wow maybe i should move it to entertainment section

Truth is always bitter contact auto dealers to sell up your manual if it gives you body pains not kissing my anus here
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by jeezybuck: 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
poster you are definitely cursed by your english teacher and you will never learn, stop addressing people with bad words.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2012
Most of you with negative replies are failures who doesn't understand what a forum is , I can mix yoruba with english or even use igbo or any other language doesn't mean i don't understand english that is what keeps a forum lively, BE EDUCATED
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by Exponental(m): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2012
"Is it only foolish people dat ask foolish questions?"

So u can conclude dat car racers are cursed. Mr man, ur laziness shldnt bring about a general conclusion.
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by purefella(m): 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
exponental you really an animal who doesn't understand the different between personal conclusion and general conclusion
I concluded it personally and asking for other peoples opinion , this thread has just proven how bad the Nigeria Educational System is
Re: Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles? by gulfer: 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2012
purefella:

Most of you with negative replies are failures who doesn't understand what a forum is , I can mix yoruba with english or even use igbo or any other language doesn't mean i don't understand english that is what keeps a forum lively, BE EDUCATED
You have yet to get a grasp of pure English as the boldened part of your reply show; and you are here talking about mixing it with others. Or are you trying to force NLders to eat  adalu (beans and corn mixed with stone)? The capitalized ending to your comment above is actually meant for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Floyd Mayweather Ordered £1.5m Bugatti In 12 Hours From Nigerian Dealer / Chevrolet Camaro VS Ford Mustang / Bmw E30 Sport Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.